Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm hoping that Hiro does go back in time and change it. :crosses fingers:

Peter without powers is like Roland without his guns.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Yeah, there is no way we will lose Peter as a powerful character. But maybe Hiro will go back in time and change everything. AKA the dream season in Dallas. The whole season won't have happened.
    You know, I'm starting to think more along these lines. What possibly might happend by the end of the season, Hiro goes back, changes things, comes back, things seem to be back to normal...then...the next season. Which will be whatever minor thing that either didn't change or someone that was killed in this season is the next bad guy for season 3. Like maybe the puppet guy Clare took care of.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Oh, but then we would be stuck with plague-girl again. I was pretty happy to see her walk away, hopefully forever. Pretty stupid though that she didn't spit in Mohinder's face and run screaming. I mean really, what was that touching moment? He webbed her for goodness sake!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I know is that I will tire very quickly of the show if Peter doesn't get his powers back until the END of this season. I am really hoping for a rather quick resolution to that...like by January it's back to normal.

Guh, waiting until next September for a Super-Peter.....BORING!!

Other thoughts....
    I'm glad Maya seems to be done and I've been scratching my head about her change of accent too.
    I'm still loving the Sylar storyline.
    Elle is lame.
    I think the flashback episode in two weeks will be pretty cool.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ok..... WTF???? They all had their powers before the eclipse, didn't they? Or atleast some of them did.

Oh, and Mohinder still = idiot.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok..... WTF???? They all had their powers before the eclipse, didn't they? Or atleast some of them did.

Oh, and Mohinder still = idiot.

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah, I don't like this "eclipse gave them their powers stuff." It sure seems like some people had them before that time. Wasn't Claire experimenting with killing herself for a while before that...? Also, Nathan flew during his car crash (though he was "given" his powers). Wasn't Isaac Mendez painting before the eclipse...didn't he actually paint it?

Heroes without powers = LAME
    I hope it doesn't last long. I miss Peter already.

That's exactly what I told my husband. No powers means a boring show. I mean what is the purpose?

Hiro being 10 was kinda cute for a bit, him doing all the pranks while time was stopped. But it's getting old already.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agree I do. Boring some things have become, but compelling the story still is.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

What exactly is Mr Petrelli's power? I thought (and kinda still do) that it is to take others' powers and keep them for himself. I mean, that's what we saw with Peter and Adam after all. I keep thinking about his mental powers though...he was in league with Mr. Parkman and he still had his powers so Petrelli didn't take those away.

Unless he stole the mind reading/suggestion power from somebody else?

*edit* (a Wiki article claims his power is to steal others' abilities...thoughts?)

Just random thoughts....

I like the Petrelli family...at least when they all have their powers that is.

She dreams about the future. She told Peter that the first power he absorbed was hers, when he started dreaming about his flying.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chasing Dragons is on a distinguished road

You guys are right about the powers before the eclipse thing. Hiro was totally fucking with the clock before the eclipse. And, duh, the petrelli's and kaito nakamura and all them had their powers WAY before!
    On a technical note, Mohinder mentions a "total annular eclipse". While it sounds good, that is SO wrong! The 3 types of eclipses are partial, annular and total. The type experienced in the show (with the darkening of the sky and the visible corona) was a total eclipse. In an annular eclipse, the moon and the sun aren't lined up exactly, so a ring of the yellow disk of the sun is still visible (as opposed to the disk of the sun and moon matching exactly). Hence annular, which means ring (latin: annulus). Furhermore, the only places in the world likely to get 2 total eclipses in the same place in the next 50 years are in the Pacific Ocean, on the Tropic of Capricorn, to the west of South America, and just north of the equator in the Pacific, east of Indonesia.

How's that for some nerdy shit!!! Hahaha!

I feel like such a dork. But shit, man, technicalities! Mohinder is supposed to be the smart one, for fuck's sake!

So, is it just me, or what the fuck happened to the Linderman hologram? And what happened to Nathan's vision of God, or whatever that was about? I mean, he had this religious fervor for, like, 2 episodes, and then NOTHING was spoken of it! Or did I miss something?

Aso, I kinda like Peter without powers. He is proving that he is capable without them. Being a "hero" doesn't mean you have to have powers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Dragons View Post
    Being a "hero" doesn't mean you have to have powers.
    True. However it does mean Peter is a boring character without them.

Peter, the SUPER-super-hero is what is cool about that show for me.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the stuff with Sylar this week. He is more and more compelling as a character. And it actually makes sense that he and Peter have powers similar to Mr. Petrelli since he is their father. It shows that through genetics they have different variations of the same ability. Theirs is just more refined than Mr. Petrelli's, since they can absorb the powers without taking them from the host.

As far as the eclipse goes, I have no idea how they are going to explain it plausibly. They made such a big show this season of how the abilities are physiologically tied to the person's adrenal glands, and the last time that I checked eclipses do NOT affect people physiologically. I'm hoping that they have a good explanation, or it will be very lame. Heroes without powers = cancelled TV show.

But I am sure it won't last. Another thing to think about is that if the eclipse somehow has something to do with the manifestation of a person's abilities, then this may also be how they are going to have Peter regain his powers, which would make it a worthwhile storyline, as far-fetched as it may be.
    Heng Dai

Linderman was being made by Matt's daddy, who is now dead.

Nathan lost the "God gave me powers" idea when he found out he wasn't born with powers, they were given to him. Kinda burst his religious bubble.

And everyone repeat after me. Mohinder = idiot. The fact that he is supposed to be some smart doctor guy and can't even get the eclipse right doesn't amaze me at all.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

SYLAR IS GOD!!! Gabriel is gona be the biggest badass on the show!!

So, correct if I am wrong but was Dr. Idiot really thinking that he was going to go find plague girl? Just find her and hook back up? "Sorry for the webbing you against the wall stuff, really, but that's all past now. Wanna make out?" Putz. And he didn't feel any thing about the fact that he killed that other guy, when if he had waited the other guy would have been 'cured' at the same time he was. Oh, whoops!

Poor Daphine. I'm really starting to like her character. And I loved her Dad. "Why are you tilting your head at me like that? You got something wrong with you?"

So how is everyone going to get their powers back? And are the ones that had powers taken by daddy Peterelli (plague-girl and Peter) going to get theirs back? What about Sylar and Peter? Will they get their orginial power back and have to start all over to get all the fun stuff again?

Gunslinger Apprentice Chasing Dragons is on a distinguished road

Telynn, thanks for the Linderman/Nathan religious clarification!

Also, I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, Ooops! I just killed an innocent guy needlessly, but it's ok because I love latinas!!! I do like the Parkman/Daphne thread. I like that she is showing a vulnerability with Matt. I mean, I'm sure she doesn't want anyone to know about her crutches, but that fact that she's showing Matt means she trusts him, too. Sorry, but I'm all about that sappy love shit right now!
    Is it just me, or is Hiro at age 10 not all that different from adult Hiro?

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I agree with the comment. How could the scriptwriters mutate Suresh to that selfish, power-maniac stupid creature?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    SYLAR IS GOD!!! Gabriel is gona be the biggest badass on the show!!
    Sylar

So, correct if I am wrong but was Dr. Idiot really thinking that he was going to go find plague girl? Just find her and hook back up? "Sorry for the webbing you against the wall stuff, really, but that's all past now. Wanna make out?" Putz. And he didn't feel any thing about the fact that he killed that other guy, when if he had waited the other guy would have been 'cured' at the same time he was. Oh, whoops!

Poor Daphine. I'm really starting to like her character. And I loved her Dad. "Why are you tilting your head at me like that? You got something wrong with you?"

So how is everyone going to get their powers back? And are the ones that had powers taken by daddy Peterelli (plague-girl and Peter) going to get theirs back? What about Sylar and Peter? Will they get their orginial power back and have to start all over to get all the fun stuff again?
    Dr. Suresh.
    When Daphne's father said "Why are you tilting your head at me like that? You got something wrong with you?", Parkman seemed so funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Dragons View Post
    Telynn, thanks for the Linderman/Nathan religious clarification!

Also, I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, Ooops! I just killed an innocent guy needlessly, but it's ok because I love latinas!!! I do like the Parkman/Daphne thread. I like that she is showing a vulnerability with Matt. I mean, I'm sure she doesn't want anyone to know about her crutches, but that fact that she's showing Matt means she trusts him, too. Sorry, but I'm all about that sappy love shit right now!
    Is it just me, or is Hiro at age 10 not all that different from adult Hiro?
    Yeah, he is adorable at all situations. Oh, and that Waffle teleportation!

I also like his accent and voice.

And a question about episode 10 ''The eclipse: Part 1'':
    Spoiler:
    Do you have an idea, what it is about, when Elle keeps saying ''what we want'', to Sylar, at the car rental hire?
    She wants Sylar to make a choice there between being a monster or hero. That's ok, but when they both realise that they have no powers anymore, in the house of Stephen Canfield, Elle says that they can not take what they want any more. Sylar answers her with a kiss.
    I don't know what I miss, but I still have the question in my mind...

My Mood
    Amused

I don't know what to say right now. I'm curious as to how the parents had powers before the eclipse. Also Adam. I can understand if there has been more of those eclipses, because there's been 2 within a short period of the characters lives so far. But wouldn't the older people with power have come across these eclipses also? Like, they would have had powers, then lost their powers, then gained them back again? I'm a bit confused. However, I did like how Clares dad beat the crap out of Sylar and electro girl. (sorry speed typing and not keeping up with actual names). However, you would have thought he would have done a quicker job, since he never had powers.

I don't know what to say right now. I'm curious as to how the parents had powers before the eclipse. Also Adam. I can understand if there has been more of those eclipses, because there's been 2 within a short period of the characters lives so far. But wouldn't the older people with power have come across these eclipses also? Like, they would have had powers, then lost their powers, then gained them back again? I'm a bit confused. However, I did like how Clares dad beat the crap out of Sylar and electro girl. (sorry speed typing and not keeping up with actual names). However, you would have thought he would have done a quicker job, since he never had powers.
    And if they had, then how do they(Arthur especially) have no idea about the mystery of the eclipse till the last one?

I think the way they are using the eclipse in this season is badly thought out and doesn't mesh with what has gone on before.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    And if they had, then how do they(Arthur especially) have no idea about the mystery of the eclipse till the last one?
    Ya I know that's my point. Why is it such a mystery? And why has it not happened before? I mean, 2 eclipses that have such results, happening in a short period of time, but never before? Ya I know what you are saying, I think.

Telynn, I agree. I'm interested to see where the story goes, and I hope there is some explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Ya I know that's my point. Why is it such a mystery? And why has it not happened before? I mean, 2 eclipses that have such results, happening in a short period of time, but never before? Ya I know what you are saying, I think.

Telynn, I agree. I'm interested to see where the story goes, and I hope there is some explanation.
    It has to be... It must be hard to full all the holes in such a story which is playing with time and changing ''destiny'' many times; I understand, but this is a big mistake if they don't find an explanation.
    Same for me...

Well, I know, I will keep watching and loving the series(this is the only TV show I like, and I am watching), whatever they do with the story, this is a fact.

Why did Sylar kill Elle? He already had her power. That was lame.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast