Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
I started Avatar and couldn't watch it, because seriously,
this is probably not a spoiler, but just in case
Spoiler:
Wasn't Jake chosen because the Na'vi and it's host must be genetically compatible and he was the closest to that match after his deceased brother?

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
I agree with feve, the 3D experience in the theatre is what made the movie for me. I didn't go as far as some of the other people who killed themselves because the planet doesn't exist, but I did find myself wishing we had some cool glow-in-the-dark shit like they had in the movie. The flowers were incredibly realistic.
In IMAX 3D the film is a visual masterpiece. The biggest draw for me when it comes to 3D isn't all of the things that pop out at you from the screen, that's just a cheap gimmick. The best thing is the depth perception - there were times during that film when I actually felt as if I was looking 30, 40, 50 meters into the distance. It was incredible. I got butterflies in my stomach during the sequence where Jake learns to fly those pteryldactyl (sp?) like creatures.
Exactly. As in:
Spoiler:
The military needs a huge favor from you because you have the only compatible DNA in the universe. And you don't ask for jack shit in return?! What part of this job requires you to be dead from the waist down?! The military can create huge fucking robots or whatever to destroy a planet, but one surgery is too much for them? Bullshit.

And that is why I couldn't watch Avatar.