Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
New limited edition of LOTR - with some nice features - coming on Oct 14 or 19 (Amazon UK says Oct 14, the AP says Oct 19):

Sumptuous slipcased edition of Tolkien’s classic epic tale of adventure, fully illustrated in colour for the first time by the author himself. Limited to a worldwide first printing of just 5,000 copies, this deluxe volume is quarterbound in leather and includes many special features unique to this edition...

This one-volume deluxe slipcased edition contains the complete text, fully corrected and reset, which is printed in red and black and features, for the very first time, thirty colour illustrations, maps and sketches drawn by Tolkien himself as he composed this epic work. These include the pages from the Book of Mazarbul, marvellous facsimiles created by Tolkien to accompany the famous ‘Bridge of Khazad-dum’ chapter. Also appearing are two poster-size, fold-out maps revealing all the detail of Middle-earth.

This very special deluxe edition is quarterbound in cloth and red leather, with raised ribs on the spine and stamped in two foils. The pages are edged in gold and contained within are special features unique to this edition. It is limited to a worldwide first printing of just 5,000 copies.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Rings-.../dp/0008471290

An upcoming edition of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy will include paintings, drawings and other illustrations by the British author for the first time since it was published in the mid-1950s.

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books & Media announced Thursday that the new version will come out Oct. 19. Deb Brody, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s vice president and publisher, noted that Tolkien was already known for his illustrations which appeared in “The Hobbit” and that his artwork for “The Lord of the Rings” had been exhibited in 2018 in New York, Paris and in Oxford, England.
https://apnews.com/article/oxford-jr...256aa294eb8667

A bit out of my price range, but hopefully someone here can get one (and post photos for me!).
Oh Man- I need one of these. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, "currently unavailable" to me in the US, as well. Although it looks like they will ship to the US...