Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Burial

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Burial

Hello everybody…
    I have been visiting TDT.com for some time before I decided to join. Now it’s time to show my collection, although it’s not so impressive as other users. It’s not easy to collect such stuff from Europe – the shipping costs are overwhelming. I have some US 1st edition, some gift editions but I’m sure you’ve seen it all… I have almost all polish editions (different publishers, printings, covers) and some other items...

Few weeks ago I started a blog for fans in Poland, where I’m showing all from my collection item by item. It’s main goal is to show how wonderful this stuff is. I want to show what can be collected – because everything can be a part of a collection and many people throws things out (bookmarks, magazines etc.).

Because you a already familiar with US and British stuff, I want to show you our polish books, fan-stuff, rarities. I hope you’ll enjoy it. I will show you some things that are not on the blog yet but if you want to see the page to see photos (the text is in polish), please visit http://martwastrefa.blogspot.com.

One another thing... If anyone is interested in polish SK books... let me know. Don't hesitate.

First of all... not the whole collection but most of the polish books

Some US editions

My first Stephen King autograph on Lisey's Story bookplate (with polish 1st on the left and 2nd on the right)

Polish edition of 2005's "Salemls Lot" - illustrated.

Polish edition of "Cycle of werwolf"

Stephen King calendars. Designed by polish artist Dariusz Kocurek (he was mentioned by other TDT members). These are all 4 callendars from 2007 to the most recent 2010. (from stephenking.pl website)

King's mugs (from stephenking.pl website)

First polish edition of "The Dark Tower" Saga. From the top left are the 2 edition of "The Gunslinger" - original and 2003 revised.

My pride... 1st US editions of the Dark Tower books... As far as I know the only such set in Poland

Stephen King first appearance in Poland. A magazine from 1986 with "Children of the Corn" and "The Boogeyman" - only 100 copies and I have 2

Another rare appearance from 1987. This time "Nona".

King in out edition of Playboy. "Willa"

Excerpts from "Cell".

"Storm of the Century" promo stickers.

Polish horror magazine (does not exist eny more). This is Stephen King issue.

Polish bookmarks (the first one is very rare):

some book posters

Movie Posters

Me and Christine. This is a Plymouth Belvedere that can be rented for a ride and looks like Christine

Last edited by burial; 03-08-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: new photos source

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic collection of Polish books you have there. Very impressive. Good to see a collection that is not just US books for a change.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. Nice collection.

Welcome to the site !! Glad you decided to join in !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Holy moley, very impressive. I like the way you have the shelves on your wall, and all the King supplemental stuff is great! You seem to very organized. And the books are very colorful and easy to look at.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, solar! Please continue to post!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some great books there. Congrats

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com, burial! I'm glad you signed up after however long you've been lurking. Please continue to post and join in any discussion on the board.

I like your collection, burial. I like seeing all those Polish editions, and that's a great set of coffee mugs!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for becoming "official", burial! Very nice collection you have - can't wait to see more!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection!
    I like the calendar with Kocurek's illustrations... as well as the car !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Very nice collection!
    I like the calendar with Kocurek's illustrations... as well as the car !
    The calendar for 2010 is still available if you're (or anyone) interested...
    You can see the illustrations here:
    calendar 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection!!! Congrats!!!
    And I like the polish DT books covers!!!

The picture with the car is very funny....Have you rented it?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    The picture with the car is very funny....Have you rented it?
    Not yet... I was only looking at it...

Oh... If anyone is interested there are 3 calendars for 2010 left
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

And I like the polish DT books covers!!!
    So... below two other polish editions:

Second edition from the same publisher... this time the covers we designed by Darek Kocurek (the author of those calendars):

The hardback set (but without dust jackets) from a polish Book Club:

Last edited by burial; 03-08-2011 at 04:21 AM. Reason: new photos source
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Others wonderful covers...thanks for sharing

The title of the first book is just ROLAND? Or I'm in wrong...

Country
    Country Flag

The title of the first book is just ROLAND? Or I'm in wrong...
    yep... I thing our publisher thought that "The gunslinger" would make readers think that it's a western...
    As you can see higher (the one with "Wilki z Calla") they used the cover from "The Stand" on previous edition... When my friends from StephenKing.pl told them that it's the cover for different book they were very surprised and said there's no point in changing it because the other book wasn't published in Poland with that cover...

We've got many examples like that... with bad translation on the top
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I think that renting the "Christine" car for a wedding would be awsome!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

It's been a long time since my last update... And it was a good time...

I've finally got the last missing Dark Tower book "The Gunslinger" 1st/1st:

"Insomnia" Gift Edition:

"The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah" Artist Edition:

"From a Buick 8" Limited Edition:

"Black House" (with "Talisman") Gift Edition:

"The Regulators" Limited Numbered Toybox Edition:

I've also got my first ARC ("Lisey's Story" and "Bag of Bones") and some archival magazines, posters and other collectibles...

Still looking for more...

I'm also expandning my polish collector blog, and I have some PR success... Since I started my blog four more collectors decided to do the same and they became active. Now we hope for some new blood...
    Last edited by burial; 10-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice acquisitions! Congratulations!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Collection, Dude!!! You rock all of Poland!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are some great books ... congratulations!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those additions to your collection are superb. Congratulations on obtaining such beautiful editions.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love what I see here, burial. A very nice collection indeed! As I am especially fond of foreign King-editions, I really enjoyed seeing your Polish books. Could you recommend any Polish on-line bookseller?

sk

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some lovely new stuff there burial. Congratulations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast