Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 344 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Non-King Request:

Graphic Novels (any and all)
    - higher importance on hardcover editions, oversized editions, ABSOLUTE editions, bulk numbers, and sets.

Price depends on the titles and edition.

This is where my Stephen King Collecting bug went, lol.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have all the Joe Hill Graphic novel forms of Locke and key.
    lettered, Numbered, signed 1st/1st HC trade. And others.
    also have some George martin fever dream signed HC Graphic Novels.

Gunslinger Apprentice erxbooks is on a distinguished road erxbooks's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Non-King Request:

Graphic Novels (any and all)
    - higher importance on hardcover editions, oversized editions, ABSOLUTE editions, bulk numbers, and sets.

Price depends on the titles and edition.

This is where my Stephen King Collecting bug went, lol.
    I have a signed later printing of Neil Gaiman's Absolute Sandman 4

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, friends!

I need some help. How much is a "PC" copy of Stephen King's signed, numbered, limited edition of IT worth compared to a numbered copy?

Thanks!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Hey, friends!

I need some help. How much is a "PC" copy of Stephen King's signed, numbered, limited edition of IT worth compared to a numbered copy?

Thanks!

Though I do not necessarily agree, the community at large values them at a little less than the market value for a numbered copy. Maybe 5-10% less. I happen to think they are a little more special, but that is just a personal opinion and in the minority.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah PC's are a tricky bunch. In the end I think it comes down to the purchaser. To some, PC's are worth more if they are trying to complete a set of them etc. Other collectors see them as poorer cousins to their numbered counterparts.

In the end, its the same book, same signature, no number. Personally, if I could buy a numbered or a PC at the same time, with both being offered at the same price, I'd choose the numbered edition. But for the right price, or if I couldn't find a numbered edition of something specific I was looking for, I'd be happy with a PC in my collection.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Merlin1958 and, Jimimck!

I deeply appreciate the insight!

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

Most people usually want the numbered and lettered editions more and unless sold out and rare, usually the PC copies will go for about 25% - 50% less with other authors. With King usually about 10% - 20% less unless somebody really wants it bad or very tough to find. But your mileage will vary they say.

- James

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i dont like PC editions. i have two. i dont know why. it is just not the same. i just dont like them. I have a PC copy of Six Stories and a PC copy of twttk.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    i dont like PC editions. i have two. i dont know why. it is just not the same. i just dont like them. I have a PC copy of Six Stories and a PC copy of twttk.

Want to sell that TWTTK? PM me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Darkdiscoveries and Roseanne!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a Cemetery Dance slipcase for Joyland. Thanks!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    JOYLAND AND SLIPCASE ON EBAY
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    JOYLAND AND SLIPCASE ON EBAY
    Thanks! Just looking for the slipcase though.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

anyone have a spare 2014 calendar?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

In most cases, PC editions are basically the same book. Printer overrruns are a longtime thing due to the stupid "over/under" policy of most printers - as well as protection against damaged or faulted books. (Some use them for reviews or promotions as well). Some might not have signature pages, some might have some slight damage, some might be extras in mint shape just were "in case" copies. Technically they aren't part of the numbered or lettered run, but are still part of the complete run overall. In most cases it's usually just a handful or PC copies that exist outside of the # run or whatever (although there have been some publishers who have totally taken advantage of that and did a lot more and exploited it - anyone remember the Dark Harvest fiasco?)

I don't mind them myself. I tend to get a number of them from publishers either in trade for ads, etc. and I resell and/or trade some. I have needed the ad money for DD and the publisher needs the publicity but might not have extra money for it. So it works for both of us. And somebody usually wants most of them - especially if the book is out of print and tough to find, or at least wants the cheaper copies. I do understand why some collectors wouldn't want them though.

The thing that bugs me is when a publisher does a numbered signed/limited run and it sells out and then they do another signed/# run of exactly the same book to capitalize. All of a sudden instead or 250, 500, 1000 or whatever you now have twice that numbered and the first book is devalued.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Sounds familiar...subterranean press

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Which books have they done that with?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Joe Hill - Heart Shaped Box comes to mind.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Still looking for an IT S/L - willing to trade some equivalent King items!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Bingo.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    In most cases, PC editions are basically the same book. Printer overrruns are a longtime thing due to the stupid "over/under" policy of most printers - as well as protection against damaged or faulted books. (Some use them for reviews or promotions as well). Some might not have signature pages, some might have some slight damage, some might be extras in mint shape just were "in case" copies. Technically they aren't part of the numbered or lettered run, but are still part of the complete run overall. In most cases it's usually just a handful or PC copies that exist outside of the # run or whatever (although there have been some publishers who have totally taken advantage of that and did a lot more and exploited it - anyone remember the Dark Harvest fiasco?)

I don't mind them myself. I tend to get a number of them from publishers either in trade for ads, etc. and I resell and/or trade some. I have needed the ad money for DD and the publisher needs the publicity but might not have extra money for it. So it works for both of us. And somebody usually wants most of them - especially if the book is out of print and tough to find, or at least wants the cheaper copies. I do understand why some collectors wouldn't want them though.

The thing that bugs me is when a publisher does a numbered signed/limited run and it sells out and then they do another signed/# run of exactly the same book to capitalize. All of a sudden instead or 250, 500, 1000 or whatever you now have twice that numbered and the first book is devalued.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    I remember that all too well.

By the way, awesome magazine, James! It's one of my favorites! Keep up the great work!

Ben
    WANTED:

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

SoD 1 GE
    Joyland unsigned hc
    CD slipcase for Joyland paperback
    CD slipcase for UTD trade hc

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Muse of Fire by Dan Simmons too.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I think Muse of Fire by Dan Simmons too.
    GRRM's A Clash of Kings.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 344 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast