Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 344 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.
    That might change and actually, I would be surprised if it didn't change.
    What makes you think the hour signing will change? Youre thinking they will change it to pre-signed books being distributed like the other events?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for Remarqued Dark Tower books. will pay nicely!!!
    wolves of Calla
    song of Susannah
    The Dark tower
    Sister of Eluria

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    it's the only event on the Doctor Sleep tour that has a guaranteed one hour signing after the Q&A.
    That might change and actually, I would be surprised if it didn't change.
    What makes you think the hour signing will change? Youre thinking they will change it to pre-signed books being distributed like the other events?
    I agree with him...nothing about these events is set in stone.

My opinion....King will sign...it will be one book per person, no inscriptions, and he will stay more than an hour, but not more than two.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I called them shortly after I bought the tickets. The guy said (in short), it's Doctor Sleep + 1. I called the next day and talked to a different person and he said that there would be a one hour signing. I asked about the number of books King agreed to sign and the answer was "don't know."

I really, really, hope I'm wrong and they honour the announcement but I have this feeling that the PEN folk aren't 100% on what's really going to happen.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone calling (as mentioned) just fucks things up. These venues and charities have in most cases never done something like this before. The only freaks repetitively calling are people like us. The calls actually help them figure out how to make sure collectors can't intelligently tip the odds in their favor for a signed book.
    Stop fucking things up for everyone. Be surreptitious, but don't ruin the deal for everyone.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Everyone calling (as mentioned) just fucks things up. These venues and charities have in most cases never done something like this before. The only freaks repetitively calling are people like us. The calls actually help them figure out how to make sure collectors can't intelligently tip the odds in their favor for a signed book.
    Stop fucking things up for everyone. Be surreptitious, but don't ruin the deal for everyone.
    That is what I was trying to say! The more they think about it the more they can do to screw it up for us. LIke kingfan said, if everyone is getting a book unsigned as they come in and then they hand out 200 to live people on the way out. extra tickets were meaningless.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't blame people for calling and trying to figure out how the signing will be. If just by calling you fuck up the signing it's the organizer's blame, not the one who calls.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Does not mater whose fault it is...the net result is it is screwing other people (potentially).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As TN, and perhaps others, know, I have never been a proponent of calling hosting organizations for these events. Too much conflicting information, most of which is unreliable as the plans develop and change and most of their own people have no clue as to the plan anyway. Personally I try to maintain the goal of going to events with the low expectation of receiving the minimum value you paid for and with the expectation of enjoying yourself. Beyond that, as a signature hound, stay aware, think creatively, be respectful, and try not to piss off the staff unnecessarily.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The James Herbert signing I went to last year in Waterstones was a poorly organised shambles. The actual signing was a free for all with no staff organising a line to wait in. Everyone just gathered at the signing table in a crowd. Thankfully Mr. Herbert was very patient and courteous, staying to almost midnight and signing (with dedications) for everyone.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As TN, and perhaps others, know, I have never been a proponent of calling hosting organizations for these events. Too much conflicting information, most of which is unreliable as the plans develop and change and most of their own people have no clue as to the plan anyway. Personally I try to maintain the goal of going to events with the low expectation of receiving the minimum value you paid for and with the expectation of enjoying yourself. Beyond that, as a signature hound, stay aware, think creatively, be respectful, and try not to piss off the staff unnecessarily.

And stay close to either, Jerome or Jim. Those guys are professionals!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Hell, Jerome can "sense" King's urge to pee!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

And stay close to either, Jerome or Jim. Those guys are professionals!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Hell, Jerome can "sense" King's urge to pee!!! LOL LOL
    I was on the phone with my wife when Mr King walked into one bookstore I was canvasing and as I told her he headed toward the back she questioned, "Why didn't you follow him?". When I mentioned that he might be on his way to the bathroom she understood my thought of restraint. Instead I just waited (with book in hand) by the display of his books and was rewarded with a greeting and handshake (as well as some signatures). I never even thought to wonder if he had washed his hands at the time.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WANTED: It 25th Anniversary Edition Art Portfolio (any number). If anyone's selling, thinking about selling, or knows someone who is, please let me know!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I have one that i am considering selling for the right price. PM me with an offer and maybe we can work something out

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for an unsigned 1st/1st of The Shining or Carrie that I *hope* to get signed in October.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How about a night shift

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have been trying (to no avail) to find an IT S/l - so if anyone has one at a decent price lets make a deal!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

McdonaldJ - empty your box so i can respond to your pm

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I have been trying (to no avail) to find an IT S/l - so if anyone has one at a decent price lets make a deal!
    Best of luck to you. That is one of the better "Re-issue" S/L to come out so far!!! CD really rocks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll keep putting this out there on the off chance that some fresh eyes see it, I'm still looking for a ticket to Stephen/Owen King's PEN event in Toronto. If you have a ticket or know anyone who has an extra or who cannot go, please let me know as I would be happy to buy it.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I thought I saw an Ebay listing for one or two Canada tickets just recently. Too lazy to check right now.
    I have NY tickets tho if your interested
    reality continues to ruin my life

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WANTED

Joyland S/L #186 (have #385)

Insomnia S/L # 1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Greg will become famous soon enough Greg will become famous soon enough Greg's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

IT PC Portfolio wanted, cheers.

My Mood
    Inspired

So after purchasing Brice's copy of knowing darkness - I know someone here bought his original whelan drawing. I would REALLLLLLY like to get that back and keep it with its original book - please pm me - I can pay cash or trade!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    So after purchasing Brice's copy of knowing darkness - I know someone here bought his original whelan drawing. I would REALLLLLLY like to get that back and keep it with its original book - please pm me - I can pay cash or trade!
    Now you need one of these!!!

https://www.bookslipcase.com/Custom_...lip_case_.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 344 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 ... LastLast