Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep : The Shining 2

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Glad to hear that you agree, sai. I wonder, tho, do you also think, as I do, that everything in both SK's universe and his multiverse can be said to deal with it in some way? (You see, I myself have a rampant nerd in me who comes up with weird questions like that one.)
    My inner nerd says yes I think the Dark Tower can have an influence on everything in the SKverse - after all - it's just a different level of the tower

Jamesey
    xxxx

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing. I like revisiting old, familiar characters and seeing what they've been up to.
    I agree. Dan Simmons did a nice job of updating Summer of Night in A Winter Haunting and Dr. Sleep would be a similar situation. There is a difference between writing a sequel (The Shining 2) and a new story (Dr. Sleep) involving a character from a previous novel.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing. I like revisiting old, familiar characters and seeing what they've been up to.
    I agree. Dan Simmons did a nice job of updating Summer of Night in A Winter Haunting and Dr. Sleep would be a similar situation. There is a difference between writing a sequel (The Shining 2) and a new story (Dr. Sleep) involving a character from a previous novel.
    I agree with you there Ben - look at The Talisman and Black House as well - admittedly it was more of a sequel, but it was also like a brand new character because Jack had aged and was for all intent's and purposes a new character!

Jamesey
    xxx

Along the Path of the Beam NoLabelBG is on a distinguished road NoLabelBG's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I prefer the new Dark Tower book, but I loved "The Shining" and I think that King will make a nice new story with some old characters! And it's not like Stephen woke up one morning and thought "Hey, I have nothing to do, so I'll make a sequel to The Shining!". I think, that the idea and the story was in his head for a long time, and after he figured out some of the most important things, he decided that it will be e good story to tell!
    Looking forward to see it done!
    [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]To see some Bulgarian
    Stephen King book covers, click here:

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Default Possible sequel to The Shining?

Didn't happen to see a thread about this, or anything like it (I checked, I promise--and unless my neglecting to double check leaves me looking like a moving target for hazing and berating, this has not been posted) but I read an interview with King where he talks about having thought about what happened to Danny after the end of the book.

Here ya go:

http://books.torontoist.com/2009/11/...o-the-shining/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thread is titled "Dr. Sleep" which is the proposed working title of the "Shining" sequel.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, there is a thread as Merlin pointed out. A merge is coming.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

I never knew about this. I hate it when creators tease us with this stuff though. It just makes me want to read it now. LOL! I am a Star Wars toy collector to (yeah throw in your insults now!). I hate it when the toy companies show pictures of a toy or an action figure and then announce later they are not going to make it afterall. It drives me nuts! After reading the links it seems like Mr King keeps dropping hints about this. It is obviously on his mind a lot to keep bringing it up. I say just go for it then. If people don't like it them fine. To me it sounds interesting enough for me to want to pick it up. Then again I want him to finish his Dark Tower book first and foremost

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2545
    I got this very interesting news from The Mason Award Event that took place last night. It appears King is almost finished writing a sequel to The Shining, Dr. Sleep. It will be about Danny Torrence as an adult and some sort of vampire like people called "The Tribe" that drive around in mobile homes and feed on psychic energy.

King read a chapter from it at the event and the nice part of it is that there is a clip of it on YouTube!

King also signed books after the event for almost 3 hours. He signed any book that people brought but only 1 book each.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Yay, me like Funny though - The Tribe is also the name of the bikers in Throttle.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was great, Pablo!!!!

Thanks a heap!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja has two more videos from the event where King talks about his writing and the two upcoming novels, 11/22/63 and Doctor Sleep.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Lilja has two more videos from the event where King talks about his writing and the two upcoming novels, 11/22/63 and Doctor Sleep.
    Way to go Lilja!!!!!

<------ Heads on over to check it out!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Another vid, in HD, courtesy of Randall Flagg:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

From Marsha at sk.com

I've posted a News Story about this including the info that GMU had already agreed to share their taping of the event with us and as soon as we have their file we'll post it in the Multimedia section so you should have an audio/video to watch and listen to his reading for yourselves.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King reads from Dr. Sleep:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice!

Thanks for posting! And please keep the stories comin'!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The synopsis to this book sounds similar to Carrion Comfort.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i just saw this today. i can't wait until it comes out. ya know he's right, i've always wondered what the hell happend to ole "Danny" to be honest,

he as you all know talks about what happpend to this character or that character in this book or that one. even if it's just a passing reference
    mind you. but he's never mentioned at least to my knowlege "Danny Torrence" or his mom. so i think this will be a fun read. & i can't wait to read it. i hope it comes out next year. along with the NEW "DT" novel

Along the Path of the Beam Faddah Callahan is on a distinguished road Faddah Callahan's Avatar

I am...worried. Somehow. Mr. King has taught me to be worried about updated or continuing his old books.

Coincidentally, the character of Danny Torrence, I must admit, does not interest me too much.

However, curiously enough, I just gave the film version of "The Shining" another shot, and it was...better than I recalled. And that literally happened last night. And I heard about this today when someone at work compared someone else at work to one of the girls from "The Shining." Funny how that all worked together.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I'm confident that Dr. Sleep will be its very own novel, and it's not a sequel per se. Danny is adult now and different and the plot is not like The Shining. Of course, there'll be flashbacks and references to the events at The Overlook, but I'll take it them as neat memories and small revisits.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think this will be a "sequel" in the same sense that DT5 was a sequel to Salem's Lot.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King is probably the only author who could ask in late 2009, "Do you want a new Dark Tower book, or a sequel to The Shining?" and then say, "Screw it, I'm going to publish them both in 2012, but only after I publish an 800 page book on a time traveler out to save JFK."

Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I doubt we'll see Dr. Sleep in 2012. Seems too early, if it's at first draft now. But who knows, maybe it'll get the annual early November King-slot after all

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, I wonder if that's why they moved Wind Through the Keyhole up a month -- to give it a window before a fall 2012 book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast