Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Possible New DT Book from Kings Message Board

John F. Kennedy O Hyperborean Wanderer is on a distinguished road O Hyperborean Wanderer's Avatar

I'm excited. I've often felt that the whole story hadn't been told and while I don't despise Furth as much as others, I don't find the comics quite as satisfying, either.

I find the timing of "in about eight months" very telling. This would put Sai King at beginning this project right around the time LOST is wrapping up . . . and what significance does LOST wrapping up have to do with DT?

Discuss . . .

"The gunslinger saw the murder in his eyes quite clearly, and although he did not fear it, he marked it as a man might mark a page in a book, one that contained potentially valuable instructions."

- Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (Revised)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    ...stories revolving around the sidecharacters may seem VERY cheap and easy - "the story of Callahan before he met the ka-tet" for example, that could never make a novel!
    Um... 'Salem's Lot ...?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'm pretty sure he was joking, Path.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Traveler Xicon is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by O Hyperborean Wanderer View Post
    I'm excited. I've often felt that the whole story hadn't been told and while I don't despise Furth as much as others, I don't find the comics quite as satisfying, either.

I find the timing of "in about eight months" very telling. This would put Sai King at beginning this project right around the time LOST is wrapping up . . . and what significance does LOST wrapping up have to do with DT?

Discuss . . .
    I may be wrong, but I am fairly certain that Abrams and Lindelof (who optioned the film for... $19, of course) said they plan to start production on the Dark Tower film/film series once LOST has concluded. Plus, King loves Lost... if he is anything like myself, he can't think of anything else while new episodes are airing.

Along the Path of the Beam Aki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it has anything to do with the finale of Lost. After all, Abrams has said he doesn't think he'll do DT for several years if he does it at all... and I agree partly but not entirely, it shouldn't be rushed but really inspired. I rather see a great film / tv series in 15 years than a bad Hollywood cheesy shitload next christmas.
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Maybe it will be the DT version of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice osseolax28 is on a distinguished road

I don't think it has anything to do with the finale of Lost. After all, Abrams has said he doesn't think he'll do DT for several years if he does it at all... and I agree partly but not entirely, it shouldn't be rushed but really inspired. I rather see a great film / tv series in 15 years than a bad Hollywood cheesy shitload next christmas.
    Why a t.v. series? Stations like FOX would get their grubby little shit stained hands on it and mess it up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by osseolax28 View Post
    Why a t.v. series? Stations like FOX would get their grubby little shit stained hands on it and mess it up.
    I know. But imagine a mini series in the style of The Shining and The Stand. I would be happy with that, although I'd prefer a Lord of the Ring-size film for each book.
    ---
    Ragnarök slukar mig, allt mörknar, och jag ser mig själv stå mitt i Ginnungagap.

Traveler Wu Yun is on a distinguished road Wu Yun's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aww....I was hoping for something else. Oh well. I'd like to know what it is that happened to the belt that Roland's mother made for him before he shot her. Remember, he says it bears on their path to the Tower?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Yun View Post
    Aww....I was hoping for something else. Oh well. I'd like to know what it is that happened to the belt that Roland's mother made for him before he shot her. Remember, he says it bears on their path to the Tower?
    Hearing that story would be incredible. I'm hoping for five hundred page stories, including the one of Roland hunting down Rhea... I just hope there won't be too many connections to the original Dark Tower novel(s).
    ---

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by O Hyperborean Wanderer View Post

Discuss . . .
    There may be more significance in the 8 months in light of the recent optioning of UTD to Spielberg & Dreamworks and their search for a writer as well as, Discordia and the varied Comic Arc's being released than "Lost" but, that could very well be a little "Bonus" to the schedule.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice osseolax28 is on a distinguished road

I know. But imagine a mini series in the style of The Shining and The Stand. I would be happy with that, although I'd prefer a Lord of the Ring-size film for each book.
    While i do love those two mini series, i'm just really afraid it could be messed too easily. i think they either make 6 or 7 really good movies like LOTR, or not make anything at all. but thats just me and we're way off topic...

I hope the new book is about Jericho Hill and things centered around the fall of Gilead.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

While i do love those two mini series, i'm just really afraid it could be messed too easily. i think they either make 6 or 7 really good movies like LOTR, or not make anything at all. but thats just me and we're way off topic...

I hope the new book is about Jericho Hill and things centered around the fall of Gilead.
    What if
    Patrick Danville went back in time and was accidentally instrumental in the destruction of the gilead?

that would be sooooo cool
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler Russ is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Part of me is hoping for the fall of Gilead and Jericho Hill, but I also wanna read about The Ka-Tet, Flagg and the Crimson King again so bad.

Odd for me this new book was annouced when it was. Me and a few friends were talking about how we're all going through withdraw (the comics don't do it for me).

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Odd for me this new book was annouced when it was. Me and a few friends were talking about how we're all going through withdraw (the comics don't do it for me).
    ah! so it's you and your friends who are thinking the universe into existence! (I often wondered who it was)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Russ is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    ah! so it's you and your friends who are thinking the universe into existence! (I often wondered who it was)
    No, not them. Just me. Can't give them any credit.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now please concentrate on the content of the future book. It should be about the main (aka second) ka-tet, and - partly - some crucial points like Jericho Hill and the like. I have more wishes, but I'll express them after you're through with this one, which seems the most important at the moment.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dark Tower VIII?

Not sure when the Grant newsletter came to my email, forgot to look at the date, but really? I thought I was done and now there could be more? I'm sure this is floating around here somewhere already, but I have been away for a bit, and this story caught me by surprise.

Stephen King has announced that he has an idea for a new Dark
    Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND
    THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book
    and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months
    before he is able to begin writing it.

This is all the information we have. Please do not call or email
    us for further information. We don’t have any.
    me by surprise.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5