Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 192 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'll third that, from stage payments and great deals, Dave is the man!

2 more instalments and I get my *precious*....
    Awww, what do you know? You're "precious" is "Bangers & Mash" LOL J/K

He/you are awesome!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Awww, what do you know? You're "precious" is "Bangers & Mash" LOL J/K
    LOL! I had that for tea tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    He/you are awesome!!
    Aw shucks! cheers Bill!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin, I know someone was looking for this. Was it you?

"New Year Buster 13

Faithful 1st edition flatsigned by Stephen King - PERFECT CONDITION! GO SOX!!

World Series Champs...AGAIN!

$225"

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Luckily decided to check Betts last night just because I hadn't in a couple of weeks ... glad I did, and looking forward to receiving my New Year's gift to myself! (no spoiler or actual celebration until it arrives, just in case it pulls a Jerome IMC 2013).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Saving for record keeping purposes. I like to keep track of things!

CARETAKER'S HOLIDAY MESSAGE

Dear Loyal Betts Customers, Stephen King Fans and Constant Readers...

In this holiday season, take time to be thankful for what you have....for me, I have my entire family home with me, safe, and with everyone healthy. There are ALWAYS people that are worse off than you, no matter what problems there are.. Every year, my family "adopts" an underprivileged family in our area organized through our local shelter/food pantry. We are given a list (gender and age) of family members and what they need the most...it makes me cry every year that these families lack many of the very basics that we all take for granted....so my family is always quite generous in giving to our "adopted" family, knowing that we will not solve their problems but hoping that at least for a day, we can bring smiles to their faces....the gift of giving to others...it ALWAYS makes me feel good to help someone.

So, I wish all of you Happy Holidays, good health and a prosperous start to a New Year!!!

Reflections on 2013

There is just one more week to go, but 2013 was a pretty amazing year for Betts Books. I will fall short of my record sales level established in 2012 (significantly spurred by Dark Tower/Wind Through the Keyhole sales), but December 2013 will certainly set an all-time monthly sales record for Betts!

2013 was quite a year for new Stephen King releases....There were several new signed limited books announced including Joyland, Doctor Sleep, The Shining, 25th Anniversary IT etc. that kept us all on our toes and scrambling sometimes to find copies. I can say that Betts business started off fairly slow (my sales were down 50% year over year after the first 4 months) and I was worried that the slow economy was still affecting people's spending (and I think I was right). However, business began to gain momentum during the summer and was sparked by the release of Joyland and Dark Man as well as the listing of some new mighty fine consignment collections. Without a doubt, the more "new" inventory I can post, the more my business improves. Every year I wonder where on earth my new consignments are going to come from, but they always seem to find their way to me. This year, 2013, is closing with a "bang"...I have never been so busy in my life, and I know I have missed some people's emails and likely orders (I feel horrible about that), but things have come so fast and furious for me (and the fact that I work 2 full time jobs and also try to be a good husband and father) that I have been a bit overwhelmed these past two months...so I know I've missed some things and I apologize if you are a person I've missed. My business in these last 2 months are equal to what Betts was doing on a full-year basis when I took over as Caretaker 4 years ago!!!! Think about that! Pretty amazing. So the huge upswing in business leads me to wonder about what 2014 holds in store...

Vision for 2014

I do not think the economy is out of the woods yet, but the stock market was up over 20% in 2013 making many people "richer" on paper anyway, and GDP growth in 3Q was the highest in 4 years (don't forget I was a stock market person for 30 years prior to buying Betts...old habits die hard). So, the underlying economy and wealth of this nation is getting stronger, coming out of the Great Recession we recently suffered through. And prices for King collectibles???? Also rising, and at a fairly healthy pace...certainly a lot depends on the specific item, but I'd say generally, prices of King collectibles have risen almost 20% in the past 18 months....more for some items, less for others. Not too long ago, you could find a complete same-number Dark Tower S/L set for around $10,000....now that same set will sell for about $13,000...prices for the early King Doubleday titles....Carrie, Salem's Lot, Shining, The Stand, Night Shift have all risen solidly as have most of the earlier signed limited books.

New King releases planned for 2014 will pale compared to 2013 unless we get some surprises, and I have been told by "people in the know" that King is NOT planning ANY formal signings for 2014. I hope this changes as signed copies of new releases certainly help spur my business, but I cannot count on that happening. So, I will continue to seek out new consignments and also bring to you rare collectibles that I am able to find and purchase on my own. Rest assured, I "live" for the hunt of new items and relish in the pleasure of finding them and offering them to you. AS ALWAYS, I think my prices will be reasonable and fair...I've stated this dozens of times already....as a collector myself, I "GET" the thrill of finding/adding a new King collectible to my own collection so I know exactly what doing so feels like for you. My goal is to help as many of you as possible share that thrill. As a result, I will always strive to offer you good value. I like a bargain as much as anyone else, so will continue to offer them TO YOU.

In closing....PEACE to all of you....HEART-FELT THANKS for your continued business...and I ask FORGIVENESS in advance for teasing you in 2014 with items too hard to resist!!!

final words...I am on vacation through year end...i will occasionally answer some mails etc. but essentially I'm off work from both jobs and will immerse myself in family. thank you.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't recall who it was, but someone mentioned recently they were wanting (or dreaming about obtaining?) a single letter Stand lettered edition. Betts has X available at the moment....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

NEW LISTINGS JUST POSTED AT BETTS!

ALSO, I AM OFFERING IN MINT CONDITION HC S/L (only 100 made and many authors are members here) for $50. I have 4 copies....If you buy for $50, I will donate your $50 and match it with another $50 and donate $100 per book to Haven Foundation!!!!!!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

ALSO, I AM OFFERING IN MINT CONDITION HC S/L (only 100 made and many authors are members here) for $50. I have 4 copies....If you buy for $50, I will donate your $50 and match it with another $50 and donate $100 per book to Haven Foundation!!!!!!!!!!
    That is a wonderfully gracious offer.
    Come on folks-that's $400!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now don't you just ROCK, David!!!!! With an offer like that you should join my "Minions"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have my DT set up at Bett's now guys I think it is the way to go... David is a asset to all of us for sure!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was on the fence about buying a non-king book as my shelf space is limited. However I have been extremely curious to read stories by people I feel I 'kinda know'

This offer clinched it for me, buying it from David was a no brainer!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David is the man for sure
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I want to say a quick thank you to David. He is a real asset to all here. He has really helped me get a great start on a stellar collection. The only reason pictures have not been posted... is I am currently working something special with a member here. Once this is done I will post everything in all it's King glory. Thanks David for all you have done so far. kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, David has 1 copy left. As soon as it sells, he can make his donation.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

C'mon folks, you are getting a great quality book, with great stories, written by members of this site!
    In addition you are getting it below cost and ALL the money you paid for it PLUS the same amount again is going to the Haven Fund thanks to David's generosity!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. 1 more copy sold =$400 for the fundraiser.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! You are a good man, Wiz!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stroppy bought one. I bought one. ? bought one. What are you waiting for? Be a buyer, not a crier!!!

Only one more Original Custom Deluxe Hardback Signed Limited First Edition Debut Publication left!!!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stroppy bought one. I bought one. ? bought one. What are you waiting for? Be a buyer, not a crier!!!

Only one more Original Custom Deluxe Hardback Signed Limited First Edition Debut Publication left!!!
    I actually bought the very first one!!!

Patrick? Get in there, man and get one!!! You would be the $400.00 man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

A great story about David visiting Whelen on the Betts site today. Check it out.

Traveler Merlin6399 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I can't recall who it was, but someone mentioned recently they were wanting (or dreaming about obtaining?) a single letter Stand lettered edition. Betts has X available at the moment....
    Not any more...one more payment and it is coming to Texas! Thanks so much David for working with us! This has been a bucket list item for my wife, Jane. Shout out to Bill - haven't been in in a while. Anyone have any guess when the lettered editions of Dr. Sleep and The Shining will be ready?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Now that is a very BIG acquisition!!! Congratulations, fellow wizard!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got a rather large box from Betts Books

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I just got a rather large box from Betts Books
    That... is ALWAYS a good thing...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, come on Alan, open it and SHARE !!!!
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 192 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast