Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David needs a snowblower!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Needs to pack up the books and move south, IMO. In the immortal words of Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time for that."

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Needs to pack up the books and move south, IMO. In the immortal words of Sweet Brown "Ain't nobody got time for that."
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

So funny!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you Bob, Betts needs a winter location in Sarasota!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Nah, Scottsdale!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Nah, Scottsdale!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    Year 'round in Scottsdale sounds better.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nashville is nice all year and you can still get a little bit of cold in the winter, if that is what you want.
    Come on down David, we would love to have you here.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Nashville is nice all year and you can still get a little bit of cold in the winter, if that is what you want.
    Come on down David, we would love to have you here.
    Maybe, but in "Scottsdale" I would come by with a "starbucks" coffee and talk King collecting with him!!! We could burn all copies of "Faithful" together!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You all are tooooooo funny!

With any luck, I will get those new listings posted later today....kids home from school yesterday AND today, plus wife's work still closed so too many people milling about this place. Hard to get work done!

I picked up this gem this morning, but I think it is going in MY personal collection:

MOTH
    Book Description: The Blanket Conspiracy, Orono, Maine, 1970. Stiff Paper Wrappers. Book Condition: Near Fine. First Edition. Boldly signed three times by Stephen King. Stiff paper wrappers. Unpaginated. Author's first book appearance. The first appearance of three poems by Stephen King, predating any commercial printing of his work. Moth was an anthology which evolved out of a poetry seminar at the University of Maine, where King was a student at the time. Other contributers include Tabitha Spruce, who not long after married Stephen to become Tabitha King. (In his autobiographical book, On Writing, King writes of falling in love with Tabitha during this poetry workshop-he also describes the workshop at some length in the book.) Another contributor was Michael Alpert, who later worked with King as co-founder of Philtrum Press, where he designed and composed the type for one of the rarest of King's publications, The Plant, and the limited editions of The Eyes of the Dragon, and Six Stories. The most important poem by King in Moth is the first: "The Dark Man," the genesis of his sprawling epic, The Dark Tower. The second poem is titled "Donovan's Brain," inspired by the book and movie of the same name. King has signed his name, with a flair, in black ink, by each of the three poems of his in this issue; each poem is on a separate page. In addition, this copy is signed "Tabitha King" below one of her poems, in red ink. This copy is also signed in black ink by Michael Alpert. Near Fine. Signed by Author.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Dave. Saw that one on Abe.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Congrats Dave. Saw that one on Abe.
    Thanks...and I was able to negotiate down in price too....my policy is NEVER pay the ABE.com price...I find sellers nearly always willing to negotiate off line.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy but it is not signed...VERY nice addition!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new addition, David. Well done.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Signed Moth

Nice new acquisition David. Are King's signatures recent or do they look to be older? Are they dated?

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new addition, and even better you were able to negotiate a better price.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

nice grab david... I won't ask how much you paid for it... but how much was it "Listed" for?

I have a fine copy that is signed by "Tabitha King" (but alas, not stephen) - wouldn't mind finding one signed Tabitha Spruce.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Great new addition, David. Well done.
    Bob-

I actually bought this sight unseen (crazy I know), but it is from Lippincott Books in Bangor (have bought there before and Bill is a real nice guy)....book was from local collector.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    nice grab david... I won't ask how much you paid for it... but how much was it "Listed" for?

I have a fine copy that is signed by "Tabitha King" (but alas, not stephen) - wouldn't mind finding one signed Tabitha Spruce.
    Listed at $1000

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

HEY EVERYONE....NEW LISTINGS JUST POSTED....2 BIG ITEMS SOLD AGAIN IN ABOUT 90 SECONDS...AM I PRICING WRONG???

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    HEY EVERYONE....NEW LISTINGS JUST POSTED....2 BIG ITEMS SOLD AGAIN IN ABOUT 90 SECONDS...AM I PRICING WRONG???
    I only get yesterdays page! No updates.

Edit: Got it now.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered Regulators sold immediately at $4400....Lettered Stand immediately at $3300, and Lettered FDNS at $1550

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

not pricing wrong if you want to sale in 90 seconds... but I'm thinking that someone might have seen and gotten a good deal

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    not pricing wrong if you want to sale in 90 seconds... but I'm thinking that someone might have seen and gotten a good deal
    You never know. Maybe they wouldn't have sold or would've taken longer if it were higher. If you're satisfied with the profit margin - the price is right.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

personally, I think you've been underpricing most of your lettered editions...just saying.

if it sales in 90 seconds... you've never given yourself a chance to see what it would really sale for...

Underpriced if you are looking to make as much profit as possible, which is what most businesses are about.
    If your more about making buyers very happy and not concerned about profit margins... then your definitely achieving that goal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 192 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast