Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 192 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David. I wish you many more years, and decades of continued growth. There is always a new generation of fans discovering his writing, and hopefully they will become collectors too. All the best.

Gerald

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Truly is a big deal... and I think he had his best year and month in 2015!!!! SO CONGRATS!! The King market is strong
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank u everyone.

Hey, a member just nudged me that part of her order was for Secret Santa (I was unaware). If I have not shipped you yet (there are still 60-75 orders I have to wrap and ship from my big 320 item sale) then EMAIL ME at Betts right away and I'll get right on it.

And broken record from me.....today I'm spending all day on email as there is a big chunk of mails I never go to that I know have orders/questions. Hoping to address these today. Packing/shipping resumes tomorrow. I've done like 50 orders so far and as I said have another 60-75 to go. It is a BIG process. One guy from Australia ordered 33 books!

Thank you for being patient with me.

IF YOU NEED YOUR ORDER QUICKLY, EMAIL ME RIGHT AWAY!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're the real freaking "Santa Claus" around here, David!!!! You got my SS item out in a flash and also managed to come up with the gift for, Jerome (who won't freaking open it by the way!!! LOL) If there was a list of treasures/resources that this site offers to it's members, you would most certainly be at the top of the list!!! I, for one, greatly appreciate everything you do for myself and the collection of crazed, King cretin's on this site!!! LOL LOL

Many thanks and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Feelin' your love Bill! Thanks for your kind words.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Feelin' your love Bill! Thanks for your kind words.
    Awwwww, go on, ya big softy!!! LOL LOL LOL Seriously though, all I did was state the facts.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank u everyone.

Hey, a member just nudged me that part of her order was for Secret Santa (I was unaware). If I have not shipped you yet (there are still 60-75 orders I have to wrap and ship from my big 320 item sale) then EMAIL ME at Betts right away and I'll get right on it.

And broken record from me.....today I'm spending all day on email as there is a big chunk of mails I never go to that I know have orders/questions. Hoping to address these today. Packing/shipping resumes tomorrow. I've done like 50 orders so far and as I said have another 60-75 to go. It is a BIG process. One guy from Australia ordered 33 books!

Thank you for being patient with me.

IF YOU NEED YOUR ORDER QUICKLY, EMAIL ME RIGHT AWAY!!!

Haha. I'm that guy from Australia - but I didn't realise it was 33! Wow. Like I said, stop selling awesome stuff and I'll stop buying. But seriously, I echo the sentiment here David - you're doing an amazing job feeding us all, including us in isolated islands on the other side of the world! And congrats on the 6 years.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Haha. I'm that guy from Australia - but I didn't realise it was 33! Wow. Like I said, stop selling awesome stuff and I'll stop buying. But seriously, I echo the sentiment here David - you're doing an amazing job feeding us all, including us in isolated islands on the other side of the world! And congrats on the 6 years.
    So WHATDIDYAGET,WHATDIDYAGET,WHATDIDYAGET!?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    So WHATDIDYAGET,WHATDIDYAGET,WHATDIDYAGET!?
    So, I'm a relatively new collector so each new Betts announcement ALL looks amazing to me. This particular order is basically one that's been added to over a couple of months. At least half of it is nice little stocking fillers for some friends and I (some US firsts, magazines, etc), but the real gold for me among is the Carrie 1st US (), a S/L Cujo, Salem's Lot UK 1st, He is Legend S/L, IT Portfolio, and some proofs. I can't wait for the 92 packages to hit Australia.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, dude, you'll have to dig deep for shipping! LOL Of course I will do the most efficient packing/shipping cost I can for you!
    GREAT to see you here. This is HOME, really it is.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

It's been confirmed...I got 7 items from the big Betts sale and I'm SOOOOO excited, especially over a couple items that I knew would be awhile to purchase at full market value including a needed US first and an early University of Maine publication! Huge props to David once again! Now back to my morning coffee...
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I'm a relatively new collector so each new Betts announcement ALL looks amazing to me. This particular order is basically one that's been added to over a couple of months. At least half of it is nice little stocking fillers for some friends and I (some US firsts, magazines, etc), but the real gold for me among is the Carrie 1st US (), a S/L Cujo, Salem's Lot UK 1st, He is Legend S/L, IT Portfolio, and some proofs. I can't wait for the 92 packages to hit Australia.
    Very nice! We all look forward to seeing pictures in the New Pride & Joy and your Collection threads once you get them!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    It's been confirmed...I got 7 items from the big Betts sale and I'm SOOOOO excited, especially over a couple items that I knew would be awhile to purchase at full market value including a needed US first and an early University of Maine publication! Huge props to David once again! Now back to my morning coffee...
    Cool mug!!!! David, I can make these for you if you need more
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, dude, you'll have to dig deep for shipping! LOL Of course I will do the most efficient packing/shipping cost I can for you!
    GREAT to see you here. This is HOME, really it is.
    Cheers David

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Cool mug!!!! David, I can make these for you if you need more
    Clone the original, or make a new edition with the correct address and email?

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I personally would love a new mug! And a t-shirt!! I used to wear my OLD Betts shirt with pride....the one with the drawing of the original Maine Street building on it.
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd bet he would sell a few!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like my DarkTower.org T-shirt, i picked it up in Bridgton, me signing from rf and have had a many compliment's on it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I personally would love a new mug! And a t-shirt!! I used to wear my OLD Betts shirt with pride....the one with the drawing of the original Maine Street building on it.
    Grab a Dt.Org shirt.
    10 years from now you will be kicking yourself for not buying one.

I just might do that! Hell, I still kick myself every day that I sold my 150+ King shirt collection to begin with.
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

David, dude, you rock! I just got my signed copy of George Beahm's updated book The Stephen King Companion with the additional signature by David on his chapter. It's beautiful!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone!

It is Christmas Eve morning and I am still at my "other job." I am taking all next week OFF from my other job though to be with family.

As for my huge 320 item listing...I have 1 LARGE order left to ship (to a member here actually who insists he is in absolutely no hurry, yet I fret EVERY DAY). I have a ton of accounting to catch up on (next week!). You know, my 6 year anniversary was December 1st and I admit to all of you (say thankee sai) that Betts annual sales have increased EVERY YEAR since I took over. Every year I tell my wife, WOW that was a lot of FUN but (1) I get so busy and so behind at times I think it is more business than I can handle and (2) where on earth will the inventory come from next year to beat this year. There is no question that Stu really lost interest in running the business and it slumped significantly, thus I started at a small base (less than $100,000 annual sales). But still, my annual sales first eclipsed $200,000, then $250,000, then $300,000, then $400,000!! 2015 will be another RECORD year in sales for Betts and I cannot believe that I do this alone (ok, I do get a little help from my daughter). And by writing this am probably jinxing myself for next year! Still, think about this...in September 2015 when I was frantically shipping that big consignment, my sales in the month topped $100,000! My wife/family just shake their heads as recount Betts trends/doings for them, but they are all so so so very happy that running Betts gives me so much pleasure. And it is true. This is a DREAM JOB (for me anyway), but because my net profit margin is definitely SOUTH of 10%, while I make $$, it is not enough to support a family of 5 with 2 kids in college....so I still slog (happily I will add, thankfully) away at my midnight to 9am job so I can pay the mortgage, school tuitions etc.

SO I WILL SAY TO ALL OF YOU....THANK YOU MY FRIENDS.....I ADORE THIS JOURNEY WE ARE ON....THANKS FOR TRAVELING A BIT FURTHER DOWN THE PATH WITH ME!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit more....sorry.

I apologize (again) for being perpetually behind in answering emails, shipping books, charging credit cards. Given the demands on my life (2 full time jobs and being a father/husband to a family of 5), I think this will not change for me....but you all are the most GRACIOUS people I have ever met. The amount of complaints I get I can count on one hand. Patience is a virtue and you all are SUPER VIRTUOUS!!!

Second...my wife told me two days ago....2016 is the years Betts MUST get a new website that does not walk with the dinosaurs! While I know she is absolutely right and several of you have (1) offered your FREE services to help me advance into current century technology and (2) politely told me I've just GOT to do something about my antiquated website.....I will admit to being totally petrified at the thought of the UNKNOWN...While ancient (this is same website technology Stu used for a couple decades), I know EXACTLY how to upload new content and I have 100% control of the site. The thought of a complete changeover, with self-checkout, maybe pictures of all books, who knows....while I know that SHOULD occur, is very daunting to me. I am pretty anti-tech and new technology scares me even though I KNOW it will be helpful and likely far easier to manage than I think (PLUS, can you imagine how self-checkout would free up time for me? GODS!) Anyway....just so you know...I'm being pushed into the current century by my own family, so maybe (just maybe, lol) Betts will get a "make-over" sometime next year. <runs screaming into the morning fog>

You young whippersnappers (yes, I'm using a term my father used) are undaunted, no FEED HAPPILY on new technology (yes I am showing my age at 56), but I cringe. Oh, and I PURPOSEFULLY drive my kids bonkers....I have a 6 year old point and shoot digital camera that I use for website pictures (NO I don't use my smart phone!)...I am PROUD (perversely) to say that the clear plastic thingy that they put over the screen in back IS STILL FRIGGING THERE! I LOVE to see my children howl every time I bring that up! And perversely, when I bought my Honda Ridgeline in 2013, Honda puts also one of those plastic coverings over the clock/CD display...my kids immediately peeled it off and I for a GREAT joke, retrieved it from the trash and put it back on...the look on their faces when they realized what I had done was absolutely PRICELESS! It came immediately off (by me) afterward, but that is "how I roll."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 192 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast