Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 192 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wouldnt agree. They are unsigned 1st edition, without King's blurbs and intro, therefore, as someone pointed out, the same that Jake gets...
    I, too, disagree that they are worthless. The ones with barcodes, prices, 2016 copyright info, etc. will be worth next to nothing. But not these.
    Did I misunderstand? I thought the worthless comment was in regards to the comic books, since that was what David mentioned he was looking for in his post.
    I agree. That was my understanding...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

yes and that was my comment was regarding - the comic books, NOT Charlie the Choo Choo
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the film borrows storyline from the comics wouldn't that give them value again?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    If the film borrows storyline from the comics wouldn't that give them value again?
    I don't believe so.. mostly due to the print run. It was very high and that is the problem with most comic collecting today... so many of each are made
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt agree. They are unsigned 1st edition, without King's blurbs and intro, therefore, as someone pointed out, the same that Jake gets...
    I, too, disagree that they are worthless. The ones with barcodes, prices, 2016 copyright info, etc. will be worth next to nothing. But not these.
    Did I misunderstand? I thought the worthless comment was in regards to the comic books, since that was what David mentioned he was looking for in his post.
    David (in post #3218 ) replied to and quoted RF's post about Charlie The Choo-Choo at the NYCC. I probably didn't make the jump to the new topic. So, my bad.

Country
    Country Flag

David (in post #3218 ) replied to and quoted RF's post about Charlie The Choo-Choo at the NYCC. I probably didn't make the jump to the new topic. So, my bad.
    If I had a ruler Bob.... Your hand would be sore! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If I had a ruler Bob.... Your hand would be sore! lol
    I think that is why people should quote the post to which they are responding (at least IMO). WDIL didn't do that. That is why herbertwest and I were confused as to what he was saying was worthless.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As predicted (two more days to go), there is no CTCC distribution/signing by Beryl Evans.
    That could change in a second, but I doubt it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    As predicted (two more days to go), there is no CTCC distribution/signing by Beryl Evans.

Hmmmm, I wonder what they are doing. According to, Ned the contract called for around 500 to be printed and only 150 were distributed at SDCC..............Where's the other 350 or so? Cast & crew?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmm, I wonder what they are doing. According to, Ned the contract called for around 500 to be printed and only 150 were distributed at SDCC..............Where's the other 350 or so? Cast & crew?
    Seems feasible.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post

Seems feasible.
    If that was the case more would of shown up on ebay

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is if they have been distributed yet. Makes you think though, if that is the case, they most likely won't be signed by "Beryl Evans" which will probably help to maintain the value of SDCC copies.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I for one put no value on the "Beryl Evans signature".
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they will be given out at the movie premieres?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't NYCC go through Sunday?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't NYCC go through Sunday?
    Yes. I have friends there and I was hoping there would be an announcement.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I suppose we'll find out over the next few days if more Charlie the Choo-Choo books are distributed.
    Sony Pictures NOT present at NY Comic Con and interestingly, I went to ALL the booths selling comics (new and old) and virtually all were not carrying ANY of Marvel's Stephen King Dark Tower related comics...I found only a handful of various issues and only 1 complete ARC of Gunslinger Born comics 1-7...otherwise, NONE were being sold....
    So what do you infer from that David? Are they being stockpiled for film release or is there deemed no interest in them?
    Sorry for any confusion...vendors told me King comics were hot like 5 years ago but demand totally dried up so they are not carried anymore by many comic book stores....MidTown Comics (a GIANT in NYC) had a big booth at ComicCon offering 20% off ALL graphic novels...hundreds and hundreds of graphic novels but no a single King Dark Tower story.

I agree that King comics hold little or no real value at this point. I know tons of people who collected them (myself included), but pretty much $$ down the drain...My own shortcoming....I remember going to MidTown Comics on Lexington Ave EVERY time a new comic was released and paid serious $$ to get both the Jae Lee black and white variant cover (usually cost was $75) and the colored variant (mostly $35). I spent a small fortune but I have every single regular issue and every variant of Dark Tower Gunslinger Born through Fall of Gilead....7 story arcs in all....as you know, Jae Lee did all the pencils for arcs 1-5 and Richard Isanove did the coloring, but Marvel "booted" Jae and let Richard do the story arc and coloring for arc #6 before bringing Jae back to do the pencils for the final arc #7 Fall of Gilead....I got Jae to sign EVERY regular comic and all variants up through arc #5. He moved to Vegas and I never got him to sign my #6/7 story arcs.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where did the others go??? Not sure, but you ALL saw that Cemetery Dance is selling some (how many I do not know....BRIAN FREEMAN???? weigh in???). I ordered 5 from CD. I think price was $12? a pittance compared to the hundreds$/thousands$ people spent for a "fake" Beryl Evans inscription at Comic Con in SD.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Where did the others go??? Not sure, but you ALL saw that Cemetery Dance is selling some (how many I do not know....BRIAN FREEMAN???? weigh in???). I ordered 5 from CD. I think price was $12? a pittance compared to the hundreds$/thousands$ people spent for a "fake" Beryl Evans inscription at Comic Con in SD.
    Those aren't the same though. Are they, David? From what I have heard (and I ordered 2 from CD) those are different from the ones distributed at SDCC. They have a blurb from King printed on the front board and (I think) will have a price and a bar code. The ones from SDCC didn't have those. It is my understanding that the ones CD is selling are retail versions that can also be bought through amazon, B&N, etc.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those aren't the same though. Are they, David? From what I have heard (and I ordered 2 from CD) those are different from the ones distributed at SDCC. They have a blurb from King printed on the front board and (I think) will have a price and a bar code. The ones from SDCC didn't have those. It is my understanding that the ones CD is selling are retail versions that can also be bought through amazon, B&N, etc.
    I defer to your superior knowledge of such things Bob...sounds logical though....so what DID happen to the other 350 Choo Choo's that were NOT given away at SDCC?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There has been no conclusive proof that 500 were actually printed, only that up to 500 were authorized to be printed.

I defer to your superior knowledge of such things Bob...sounds logical though....so what DID happen to the other 350 Choo Choo's that were NOT given away at SDCC?
    I appreciate the compliment but my knowledge of this book is in no way superior to anyone else's who reads this forum. It seems that a retail version is slated to be released on Nov. 22 and preorders are being taken just about everywhere.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the argument can be made that the SDCC edition is the true 1st and sales are still going between $500-$800. The lowest sale I've seen was for $428.00 on eBay that ended on 10/8.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

There has been no conclusive proof that 500 were actually printed, only that up to 500 were authorized to be printed.
    So RF did you ever reach out to Ned about those hoodies you bought? Were they authorized because they used the same images from the book?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

So RF did you ever reach out to Ned about those hoodies you bought? Were they authorized because they used the same images from the book?
    I did not. I was hoping Bill would ask him as Bill talks to Ned more frequently than I do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 192 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast