+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure. I think if you keep reading it's in there somewhere.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, if you check out the "Scarecrow Joe" Blog re: UTD he confirms that it is "Discordia" and its an "ARG", I guess ala "Lost". Of Course I assume "Scarecrow Joe" is Stephen King or some SK authorized individual.

Hope this helps in some small way
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Actually, if you check out the "Scarecrow Joe" Blog re: UTD he confirms that it is "Discordia" and its an "ARG", I guess ala "Lost". Of Course I assume "Scarecrow Joe" is Stephen King or some SK authorized individual.

Hope this helps in some small way
    If I can find the field that the scarecrow hangs out in, I'll check it out!

Country
    Country Flag

Here it is:

http://www.scarecrowjoe.com/2009/10/discordia-omg.html

However, the following quote makes me kinda skeptical about him being someone official :

i don't know much about the dark tower, which i guess is a series of books, so i don't get all the references -

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This all sounds very cool, and I am waaaaayyyyy excited!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Here it is:

http://www.scarecrowjoe.com/2009/10/discordia-omg.html

However, the following quote makes me kinda skeptical about him being someone official :

i don't know much about the dark tower, which i guess is a series of books, so i don't get all the references -
    Ummmm....I think he/she is just being "In Character"

Nuff Said
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to get it translated. I work with a gent from Russia, but he's on vacation and hasn't popped into IM yet.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Where is Jean when ever you need him?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Traveler hobo bob is on a distinguished road

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/z...raevidence.jpg

I guess whatever is happening is taking place during modern times in the key world AKA our world. Only reason I'm bringing it up is because I thought most of the things in the DT that occur with NCP is in 1999...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Tina View Post
    Hello DarkTower.com,

My name is Brian. I work for Stephen King on the Official Web Site. We posted more info about the "Ka is a Wheel" promo this morning. If you guys have any questions about this update, please feel free to send 'em my way. (or on the official MB) Please be gentle. We've all worked extremely hard on this one.

We plan to put some sort of news story or FAQ info page together that will explain more of what is going on. For now, we just want to give the fans a little food for thought.

I think that establishing a list of known questions is a good idea too. I think you guys can really help out on that if you have the time.

I hope you enjoy it! This means a lot to everyone involved.
    Hey Brian, I had not realized you signed up. Thanks for giving us the official word. This thing is causing a HUGE stir, looks like you did an amazing job with it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    I'm going to send Jean a PM and see if he has some time to look at it.

ETA: Sent.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

if it is not very urgent, I will look into it Sunday morning

only please tell me where exactly to look, I just don't have a moment now to find out what all that is

ETA: if it is urgent, I will try tomorrow morning (Moscow time), but only if I know where to look. I tried now to find out what you were talking about, and was lost in this thread, but then again, I have to go to work right now so I couldn't even look properly.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, it's not urgent at all... we're all just curious!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

if it is not very urgent, I will look into it Sunday morning

only please tell me where exactly to look, I just don't have a moment now to find out what all that is

ETA: if it is urgent, I will try tomorrow morning (Moscow time), but only if I know where to look. I tried now to find out what you were talking about, and was lost in this thread, but then again, I have to go to work right now so I couldn't even look properly.

It's throughout parts of the preview for "Discordia". There are things in Russian. Here's a link for your convenience -

http://stephenking.com/multimedia/dt_video/medium/
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the page with Susan at stake:

Сьюзен горит
    Susan is burning

Школьному психологу
    To the school psychologist
    Пожалуйста, рассмотрите этот рисунок сортом А.У. 10
    Если мы, быть заинтересован
    Please, consider this drawing .......................
    [the rest is in a pseudo-Russian that can't be either translated or understood. I've always wondered why there never were any Russians handy when such things - games or movies - were made. I think here they meant "you may be interested". Or something else.]
    Госпожа Бачувик
    Mrs.Batchuvik

Next:

Приветствую
    Темно-красный король

Hi (or "I salute you")
    Dark-red king
    (they probably meant "All Hail the Crimson King")

Book cover on the left:
    Колдун и кристалл
    Wizard and Glass

page on the right:
    Ее край, в
    Her land, into......
    извлек
    Drew........

Next:

замок темно-красного короля
    The castle of the dark-red king

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

verrrrry interesting! , I am still a quiver about this, and am looking forward to the game aspect .

Jean, thanks for the translations.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    the page with Susan at stake:

Сьюзен горит
    Susan is burning

Школьному психологу
    Пожалуйста, рассмотрите этот рисунок сортом А.У. 10
    Если мы, быть заинтересован
    Please, consider this drawing .......................
    [the rest is in a pseudo-Russian that can't be either translated or understood. I've always wondered why there never were any Russians handy when such things - games or movies - were made. I think here they meant "you may be interested". Or something else.]
    Госпожа Бачувик
    Mrs.Batchuvik

Next:

Приветствую
    Темно-красный король

Hi (or "I salute you")
    Dark-red king
    (they probably meant "All Hail the Crimson King")

Book cover on the left:
    Колдун и кристалл
    Wizard and Glass

page on the right:
    Ее край, в
    Her land, into......
    извлек
    Drew........

Next:

замок темно-красного короля
    The castle of the dark-red king
    Awesome, Jean !!
    Thank you so much !

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Methinks they need a bear to help them write the russian parts.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Are we sure this is a game? All clues seem to point to it, but they've making a point of not confirming it.

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Jean for the translation!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the translations, Jean!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jean!
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Thanks Jean.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Methinks they need a bear to help them write the russian parts.
    I had hoped there was a bear or two within reach? Or would it be considered unfair toward national labor force to attract foreigners?

Quote Originally Posted by Asherah View Post
    Jean, thanks for the translations.
    Awesome, Jean !!
    Thank you so much !
    Quote Originally Posted by Myste View Post
    Thank you Jean for the translation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg House View Post
    Thanks for the translations, Jean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Thanks Jean!
    Thanks Jean.
    you're all very, very welcome!

Traveler Dryn is on a distinguished road

looks like a sort of interactive 2d game, something of a crime solving one perhaps, rather than your typical million dollar action game

looks very interesting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast