Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 167 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I promise I WON'T let that "brilliant" go to my head. Not sure what is meant by "Did you forget 11/22/63?" unless you are asking if I removed the shrinkwrap, and the answer is no, it's the same as it was when you sent it to me. One of these days I'll go take off all the shrinkwrap from my books...maybe.

!
    That will be an earth-shattering moment on TDT.

I'm not saying you should read a $1000 book but opening a nice production, looking at the TOC, reading the introduction, looking at illustrations etc.. it all feels different than a paperback or even a mass market hardcover. I was just reading Danse Macabre and King talks about horror movies and the difference in approach and quality/end result. He compares it to drinking Dom Perignon from some knockout crystal glasses and the really high end ones. He goes on to say the end result is the same 'but friends, there is a difference.' I'm paraphrasing most of it, but it's sooo true. Your books will be fine if you wash your hands and you're careful. He's absolutely right, there is a difference. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it's like a ritual: holding it carefully and savoring each turn of the page.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You're absolutely right, but I still can't get myself to unshrinkwrap the books, with the exception of a couple of Grant Dark Towers looking for remarques which I didn't find. I don't care about remarques anyway so I still don't know why I did it. A temporary lapse of sanity or insanity, I can't decide which.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You don't like "Remarques"????? Blasphemy!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

You're absolutely right, but I still can't get myself to unshrinkwrap the books, with the exception of a couple of Grant Dark Towers looking for remarques which I didn't find. I don't care about remarques anyway so I still don't know why I did it. A temporary lapse of sanity or insanity, I can't decide which.
    Can you get a friend to come over and unwrap that UK1/200 that you have?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I promise I WON'T let that "brilliant" go to my head. Not sure what is meant by "Did you forget 11/22/63?" unless you are asking if I removed the shrinkwrap, and the answer is no, it's the same as it was when you sent it to me. One of these days I'll go take off all the shrinkwrap from my books...maybe.

!
    That will be an earth-shattering moment on TDT.

I'm not saying you should read a $1000 book but opening a nice production, looking at the TOC, reading the introduction, looking at illustrations etc.. it all feels different than a paperback or even a mass market hardcover. I was just reading Danse Macabre and King talks about horror movies and the difference in approach and quality/end result. He compares it to drinking Dom Perignon from some knockout crystal glasses and the really high end ones. He goes on to say the end result is the same 'but friends, there is a difference.' I'm paraphrasing most of it, but it's sooo true. Your books will be fine if you wash your hands and you're careful. He's absolutely right, there is a difference. Maybe I'm overthinking it but it's like a ritual: holding it carefully and savoring each turn of the page.
    No worries! I'm now in there with all his books standing in a pile of shrinkwrap. I broke in. I could take it no longer. On my way to jail I'll tell the judge yes, I did it and it was fucking worth it. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Well, they let Brice walk, they said it was justifiable shrikwrapacide. Now I have to clean up the mess!

My statement about remarques was misconstrued a bit. I like them in other's books quite a lot, but I don't want any done in mine unless it was a second copy purchased specifically for a remarque, something I've never done (yet). I like to keep my brand new books in brand new condition, that's all.

And maybe, just maybe, if Angelina Jolie comes over and asks very nicely if she can slowly peel the shrinkwrap off my UK KEYHOLE S/N, I might let her.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll have to ask that you keep your definition of "very nicely" PG, please.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

THE STRAIN lettered edition:

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude! Very cool.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a simply beautiful production - LRB do some really great work
    We all float down here!

Picked up a few items lately:

KNOWING DARKNESS 'un-dinged' copy from CD
    KNUCKLES AND TALES lettered edition, Nancy A. Collins
    CELL 1st US trade paperback edition c/o Wedealinlead (thanks again!):

Got this proof from Michael:

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect proofs... yet
    But your new dead zone is one of my favorites.

Got this proof from Michael:

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Yeah, I really like that proof too.

THE DEAD ZONE NAL Signet proof:

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books! So a proof is the same as an ARC?

They are really the same thing, except ARCs usually have printed covers.

And then there's this one (thanks again Michael!), which says it's a 'BOUND GALLEY NOT FOR SALE':

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oke, thanks for clearing up!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. The only one of those I've seen so far other than yours has been in the Catalog.

It's one of the books I bought from Michael recently.
    New stuff coming in now. DREAMCATCHER Scribner blue cover proof:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! The cover is very shiny.

Well, the cover is kinda dull, but the broadart cover is shiny!

THE DEAD ZONE, Easton Press 2004 2nd edition still in shrinkwrap, hiding inside a slipcase.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm....what is the deal with the langoleers book between the two Stands. I have never seen this before.

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a bookmark.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, upon closer inspection it does, but the way it's positioned it almost totally looks like a book.

If you rescue me

Yeah, it's a bookmark leaning on THE STAND.

Just got these three Richard Matheson CD lettered editions. They are remarkably inexpensive compared to King's lettered editions, but of course that's just stating the obvious. But I like them all equally:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 167 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast