Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1401

Thread: King's worst novel?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You're crazy, Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon was great. Read it in a few hours. Loved it.

I also think Bag of Bones is his greatest single novel, even more than the stand.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i'm glad you liked it. but i didn't. to me it's just about a girl walking in the woods, & there's really almost no other characters than that. someone here said that "Gerald's Game" is a bit like that well i haven't read that one yet so i can't comment on that one.

& i DO agree about "Bag of Bones" i LOVED IT when i 1st read it. & i've read it a few more times since than. i'd love to see them make that one into a film.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

TGWLTG is hardly about a girl in the woods. It's about fear, about loneliness and helplessness. I found the book particularily creepy. The fact that we see a simply lost in the woods story, from a little girls perspective, it allows us to see the world as she sees it. The way
    Spoiler:
    He infantile mind and incessant imagination manifests a bear into a hideous creature of the night. Not until she feels safe and the world is normal, do we see how she imagined a lot of it. Most of the horror comes from remember being a child, alone in the woods in the dark and how terrifying it would be. And the beacon of hope that keeps her going is a baseball player and her imagination is also powerful enough to have Tom Gordon there with her, as well as that dark force.

TGWLTG is easily his most underrated novel. I hear a lot of people didn't enjoy it. Gerald's Game I can see, that is more twisted for sure.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i can understand you point of view & that makes sense no doubt about that. i'm just going by how i felt while i reading it way back in (1999)

maybe it would make a better film i honestly dunno? actually last i heard & granted it's been a looong time i thought it was going to be a film? or was it cancelled? what did you think of the Cut Version of "The Stand" ? i think it stinks actually. & before anyone here says how dare I? he he.

let me also add that i read the Uncut version 1st a few times before i landed myself a copy of the original version & read it. so i was able to tell what was added in the book. & what had gotten cut out. so if i had read the original version 1st like many of you here prolly have done so.

i prolly would have enjoyed it more. that's why i state my reason about the original version of "The Stand"

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only read the uncut.

Along the Path of the Beam Rice Dancer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cynical

I liked TGWLTG, but I didn't read it myself, I listened to the audiobook.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears adore TGWLTG, even though, like in DT3, their public image suffers from misinterpretation there

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If i get to make movies, I'm making TGWLTG. Would make a fantastic movie but I don't think it could be a box office smash. Would have to be slow and brooding to build up suspense and create fear.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you should try & read the Cut version & see what i mean. & since you are used to reading the uncut version you will notice the difference. there's no epilog for one thing like there is in the uncut version. it starts with Stu at the gas station if memory serves me right. i don't think that's a spoiler unles i'm wrong?

anyways i LOVE "DT3" it's one of my favorite books of his. & as for "The Girl who loved Tom Gordon" i think it would make a better film than book.
    one of the RARE examples of a film a SK film being better than the is "Dolores Clairborne" excuse me if i spelled any of that wrong.

the book i love, even though it takes awhile for you to get used to on HOW he wrote it. but the film i think is better. it's one of those RARE instances where the film outshines the book. it doesn't happen very often from any author but in the case of 'Dolores Clairborne" it does.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    TGWLTG is easily his most underrated novel.
    I agree.

And I'm also close to agreeing with you on Bag of Bones -- it's definitely a great one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'd LOVE to see "bag of bones" as a film that is easily one of his best books. i think it's one of those films that should be done by either "Mick Garris' or even better "Frank Darabount" & if i spelled his last name wrong i apologize.

Along the Path of the Beam bettinas.ashes is on a distinguished road bettinas.ashes's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Gerald's Game is the one I have enjoyed the least so far, but I think I will try and re-read it again one day. Perhaps time has changed my perspective a bit.
    Also, I have found that some of the books that I didn't really enjoy reading in Danish, has been much better once read in English, and that might also make a difference to my opinion.

A long time ago I tried to read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and I don't recall ever finishing it mainly out of boredom, so that might be a book to be read in English one day too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i was bored to death reading 'The Girl Who loved tom Gordon" so don't feel bad if you still feel that way when you read the english version

John F. Kennedy brandnewfan is on a distinguished road

The Tommyknockers was the hardest King novel for me to get through. Bag of Bones and Insomnia are close seconds.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Tommyknockers, its one of the few that I have read only one time. I think I will get it back out soon.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do. Bears absolutely love it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I liked THE TOMMYKNOCKERS too. From what my poor memory can recall, it was weird and offbeat, and it worked for me!

I didn't like THE GIRL WHO LOVED TOM GORDON. It wasn't the idea of the story, which I thought was good, but just the way it was written. Again, memory fails me on the finer points. Maybe it's just because I'm not that interested in baseball as a professional sport any more. That's one I'm putting on my mental list to re-read one day to see if my opinion changes on a 2nd reading.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i love 'The Tommyknockers' the only downside to that novel at least for me is that it moves to damn slow at 1st. before "Gardner" gets to "bobby's Book i think if they are to remake one of his films, it shouldn't be "Firestarter" it should be "The Tommyknockers" but i'd love another Min-series that

"SK" himself writes & would be longer than just 2 parts. as for "The Girl Who Loves Tom Gordon" that also is another reason it bores the hell out of me. as a kid i loved baseball but sports just bores the hell out me anymore. i'd rather watch grass grow than watch any kind of sports.

no offense to those who love sports on here. i'd just rather read a good book, or watch a good movie. or watch a good tv show. but maybe that's just me?

Country
    Country Flag

I hate all kinds of sport with a passion, never read anything sport-related, don't know shit about baseball (not even the basic rules), and love TGWLTG.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon has nothing to do with baseball, save for it's structure. Tom Gordon is no more than a larger than life hero and could be any profession, just can't listen to most of em on the radio.

Country
    Country Flag

precisely

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i didn't say the book was just about baseball, but it has baseball moments in it. & Thank you Jean for HATING sports, like i do. though i can't think of any other guy that hates sports. other than me of course. i mean that i know. never the less. it was a book that just bored me to death. did he write that before his accident or after it? i can't remember actually.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My husband hates sports and i'm the one that likes them
    But I love TGWLTG cause it was something that could happen in real life and little girl/boy could get lost like that and start seeing things that scare her/him, and little kids are tougher then they look

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i know they are. tougher i mean, i think when it comes to "SK" books some stuff in his books depending on which book you read it COULD indeed happen in real life. "Cujo" for one is something that COULD happen. anyways, maybe someday i'll try & read it again who knows?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, However the way the "Vampire-craze" is going these days, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a whole Town was turned!!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast