Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: tron legacy

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default tron legacy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jfm0hq0bk"]YouTube - OFFICIAL HD Tron Legacy Comic-Con 2009 (2010) TRAILER! VFX Test for 2009 Movie[/ame]
    will this film rock going buy this yes
    Last edited by dr shottie; 07-28-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: mistake

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend ran across someone online the other day who didn't even know what Tron is.

HOW INSANE IS THAT?!

Along the Path of the Beam dr shottie is on a distinguished road dr shottie's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that is a major FAIL lol

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This trailer looks friggin awesome
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Country
    Country Flag

i know i had to post it and thread it here for people to see it and chat about it

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I'm just happy it has Jeff Bridges in it!

Watched the old Tron recently with a MST3K-style commentary track by Riff Raff Theater, it's worth the work of syncing it up (if you like that sort of thing)
    http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/riff-...f-theater-tron

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bruce Boxleitner is listed in the credits as well.... fingers crossed they don't screw with the whole premise too much.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Daft Punk is set to do the soundtrack...and it's said they will show up somewhere in the movie.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Bruce Boxleitner is listed in the credits as well.... fingers crossed they don't screw with the whole premise too much.
    I heard he was actually going to play Tron again.

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was an awesome sequel. And a stand alone movie.

3D was used as more of an artistic gimic rather than "come watch our 3D moviez!1!!!1"

The action sequences were great.

Lives up to the original. Did not seem like the typical Disney movie. Not just because of the rating. Pirates of the Carribean series was pg-13. But Pirates still had that fun Disney feel to it. This movie was still the same cult scifi genre that makes you go, "This is Disney?"

A lot of people had issues with the story that it was not cerebral enough. My question is what in the holy rat penis were you looking for? I don't know if I'm ready to get into an argument on what makes a movie "cerebral". But the plot was had the same ammount of that as the first movie, even more in my opinion.

The movie took real chances on making a commentary on religion that at least competes with "Da Vinci Code". The whole thing about Flynn the creator having nothing to do with the new lifeforms (the ISOs) showing up.

The idea that AI will be the next form of life in evolution is still a rather new and hard to accept idea. For those who think such a theory is preposterous will be asking for their money back when they see the ending. Also, you'll have to get over "what's preposterous" unless you are not a fan of the first film. Real life people are physically transported into a videogame. You don't take the sequel as the starting point to complain about this idea.

Oh, yeah, and let's deal with it shall we? The CGI Young Flynn/Clu. Look I know I'm one of those who defends cgi a lot. But it's not that simple. I only hate CGI when it's clear that it's done lazily.

There is nothing lazy about the effects in this movie in my opinion. And that includes Young Flynn/Clu. I thought he looked amazing. Yes, I could tell he was CGI. But creeped both me and my girlfriend out because they did such a good job. If you leave the theater going, "how did they do that?" They did their job.

Now look, yes, he looked animated (barely imo, but yes, I'll give it to you). And critics will say, "Well, WETA did a superb job on Gollum and he looks more realistic than Clu in this movie, and LOTR is how many years old?" Yeah, I get that. The thing is Gollum has a lot of definition to work with. He's dirty, he's rinkly, and he's not a real person. This makes a lot of difference and allows a lot of room for error when trying to make Gollum look realistic. (And to add, though I agree that Gollum looked amazing, I could still tell he was animated too).

Now the challenge in Tron Legacy is to take someone, who is a real life actor, and animate him. That's challenging in itself. They've done it before, but for short takes, like a monster picks up a guy and eats him, or better example, when Legolas jumps onto his horse in The Two Towers (a section that looked horribly animated by the way). But for prolonged scenes. Especially scenes like in the beginning where there's absolutely no action. It's young Flynn talking to his son. Not sure anyone has even attempted this yet (and I'm very possibly wrong on that).

But not only is the character a real life actor, but they have to do a younger version of him. A younger, clean shaved version. If they were doing ancient Flynn that would have been easier, but still you'd tell.

Maybe had they waited a couple years when cg animation was really, REALLY good they would have pulled it off.

So is that the question? Should they have waited for sfx to get better before they did this? Really? And should the filmmakers waited before making the original King Kong before they attempted trying to make a huge gorrilla? That movie is amazing! The are still fantastic and yet you can still tell, King Kong is fake.

I got into a debate at work about cgi. Again I said I was okay with it as long as there's visible effort involved, and it's not just done lazily. The argument my colleague gave me was, "if they can't do it for real, don't do it at all, that's how I feel." Really? If you believe that, then you don't understand filmmaking. I don't believe that crap and I still don't understand filmmaking, but I do know that attempting the impossible has always been the objective of special effects.

The movie was great. The story was great. The action was awesome.

It wasn't perfect. My one gripe is that Tron the character had almost nothing to do with the story. But then Tron is the name of the video game, so Tron is actually the setting if you wanna be technical about it. (Last time I saw the first one was about 6 years ago, and I could have sworn that Tron wasn't that big a character in their either.)

The acting could have been better, but Quaid was superb. Zeus will get on your nerves and that's it.

That's all I got.
    Submitted a new lolcat I did on photoshop, check it out and caption it yourself.

Make a caption

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I thought the movie was good, but the 3d was horribly disappointing. The world of Tronis the sort of setting where 3D should be at its greatest. They could have used it to make the audience feel like they werebeing drawn into a computer world, but the failed miserably in that aspect.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I thought the movie was good, but the 3d was horribly disappointing. The world of Tronis the sort of setting where 3D should be at its greatest. They could have used it to make the audience feel like they werebeing drawn into a computer world, but the failed miserably in that aspect.
    I haven't seen it yet (Wasn't gaga over the original), but too often they sort of "Add-On" the 3D process. "Avatar" is the first film I've seen that was shot "in" 3D. Too often they call too much attention to the Efx and don't let it "just be an experience. Avatar didn't hit all the marks (story-wise), but I loved the 3D atmosphere.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TRON was filmed in 3D.

I've heard it's a pretty disappointing film, though. As far as story and acting is concerned. But I still want to see it -- in 3D. I doubt it'll be as great as AVATAR's 3D (there was a lot going on in that world), but I expect entertaining escapism.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    TRON was filmed in 3D.

I've heard it's a pretty disappointing film, though. As far as story and acting is concerned. But I still want to see it -- in 3D. I doubt it'll be as great as AVATAR's 3D (there was a lot going on in that world), but I expect entertaining escapism.
    I know it was. Just that most folks don't know how to properly do that. They almost make the EFX a character. Avatar, didn't though IMO. Know what I mean?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw it in 3D IMAX. I liked the visuals, but the story was sort of uninteresting to me. I saw TRON such a long time ago that I could hardly remember it, but I pieced together what was going on. And it still didn't hold together too well for me. I had a bad headache though, so I don't even trust my OWN opinion on this one! Also, I am not a big fan of IMAX but that was the only way I could see it in 3D at my local theater. The women's eyelashes were very nice though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...