Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hear ya EL. That's the deal with fantasy though. I've found it much more enjoyable not even watching and just looking at the score every 2 hours or so.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Looks like I have 3rd wrapped up. What a day for Peyton/Decker!!! 79 pts between them!!!!
    Hooray for you...LOL LOL
    Laugh now, funny boy. Peyton is one of my "keepers"!! LOL

FWIW, I think that FF adds to the whole NFL experience, but to each his/her own.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

That being said, I have decided to resign as the coach of the Square Pegs effective Tuesday.
    Sorry to hear this but I suppose to each his own.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Would this be a good time to go over the league rules again? I can't remember what if anything was decided on with the league. Keeper, keepers, dynasty, etc.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Would this be a good time to go over the league rules again? I can't remember what if anything was decided on with the league. Keeper, keepers, dynasty, etc.
    I know, keep "Peyton Manning" was a biggie!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Since you kicked my ass today I would like to start planning for next year and put this year behind me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Since you kicked my ass today I would like to start planning for next year and put this year behind me.

I hear ya!! I enjoyed "The League" very much, but there should be a LOT more trash-talking, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since the championship game is all but over, I'll go ahead and give my press conference now...

First of all, congrats to the Lud Grays for winning it all this season. They are a very well balanced team with weapons all across the board. They deserve the title and could be a dynasty in the making with the young talent on the roster.

I started 7-0 this season, then finished 2-5 and barely held on for the wild card. I sneaked by Merlin's Giants in the semi-finals, but I really didn't think I had much a chance going into the finals. I'm happy to finish second overall and I have enjoyed playing this season.

That being said, I have decided to resign as the coach of the Square Pegs effective Tuesday. As much fun as this has been, it has taken away a lot of my enjoyment watching football throughout the season. I'd much rather not be worrying about who is scoring what or how many points I need to win this week. I just want to be a fan again and have fun teaching my son the game.
    Are you sure you want to quit? Maybe you should take some time in the off-season and think about it. You can still play and enjoy the regular games. Just don't take it so serious. If you do decide to quit still, whoever we get to replace you is going to get a hell of a good team.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The consensus was dynasty so we are keeping everyone and drafting rookies and free agents. I am adding three roster spots so we will have a three-round draft to add the new players next August/September.

You have a pretty good team. You really just need a few WRs and some depth at RB.

Country
    Country Flag

While the week isn't officially over yet,

Congratulations to SpaceMan on winning the 2013 Championship!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

How is draft order determined? Do i get first pick for having the worst suck-arse record this year?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

The four playoff teams will be the last four to draft with their order determined by how they finished in the playoffs (9: Ben Staad, 10: Merlin1958, 11: ELazansky (or whoever takes his team,) 12: SpaceMan). The rest by regular season record with the consolation wins and losses added in. I think you would still be first despite the two consolation wins but I need to check. Sometime over the next week I will figure it up and post it here.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

most other keeper leagues I participate in rank the order for those who have not made the playoffs using the last regular season weeks records as the standings.

I mean what is the consolation round really worth anyways lol, its either you get the trophy or BUST (better luck next year). Are you going to take consolation for winning a few games in the "consolation round" or be pretty miffed that you just played yourself down a couple of picks down the draft order (to gain absolutely nothing)?

Dynasty leagues are fun because you can build. Its most fair to give the lowest ranked team the highest pick and so on up the ladder (for the folks who DID NOT) make the playoffs. That way the folks who had a crappy year get a chance to get out of the cellar and rebuild (over time)

Of course it seems like I may be lobbying for the first pick for myself, but Im really fine picking wherever is decided. The first RB off the board isnt always the best every year. Different teams have different needs. Id share this same philosophy even if i was picking 11th (the worst draft pick possible, because that means you lost the Superbowl)

I think we should explore adding a few more wildcards to the playoffs (to get more teams in than just 4) and perhaps even add another semifinal week to the playoffs. The consolation round is shite. We should look at the possibility of getting rid of it entirely. You dont get anything for winning except (possibly) playing yourself down the draft order. Plus some folks who have not made the playoffs might not even put in a current lineup ( i think i even did that for the consolation games, it just auto submitted the last lineup chosen)

looking forward to growing with the league and participating for many years.

Thanks to all who participated this year.

Lookwhoitis
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Since the championship game is all but over, I'll go ahead and give my press conference now...

First of all, congrats to the Lud Grays for winning it all this season. They are a very well balanced team with weapons all across the board. They deserve the title and could be a dynasty in the making with the young talent on the roster.

I started 7-0 this season, then finished 2-5 and barely held on for the wild card. I sneaked by Merlin's Giants in the semi-finals, but I really didn't think I had much a chance going into the finals. I'm happy to finish second overall and I have enjoyed playing this season.

That being said, I have decided to resign as the coach of the Square Pegs effective Tuesday. As much fun as this has been, it has taken away a lot of my enjoyment watching football throughout the season. I'd much rather not be worrying about who is scoring what or how many points I need to win this week. I just want to be a fan again and have fun teaching my son the game.
    Are you sure you want to quit? Maybe you should take some time in the off-season and think about it. You can still play and enjoy the regular games. Just don't take it so serious. If you do decide to quit still, whoever we get to replace you is going to get a hell of a good team.
    I agree El, that you should wait to decide whether or not you want to participate next year. I do understand your issues though. Ive heard other folks say that stuff before. I sure hold reality football in a high place over fantasy, so i can deal with it, lol.

If EL does decide to not return, I move we give cit74 a chance to takeover the team (since he so graciously gave me his spot this season). But i think the best option would be for ELazansky to stay
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry. I glanced and you have the first pick all wrapped up. And yes, I am considering adding two playoff spots and cutting the regular season to 13 games (because I will not have the championship game week 17 when some players might sit.)

cit74 would be my first choice as well.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to Spaceman and his Lud Grays for winning the Championship!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Don't worry. I glanced and you have the first pick all wrapped up. And yes, I am considering adding two playoff spots and cutting the regular season to 13 games (because I will not have the championship game week 17 when some players might sit.)

cit74 would be my first choice as well.
    Reg season of 13 games is the way to go. and definitely not having the Championship in 17, you are very correct in that. That way you have semis in week 14 (with the two highest record holders earning a bye just like in the nfl) whoever makes it to finals in week 15 plays the bye holders, then championship in 16
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We discussed before the season our reasons for only 4 teams making the playoffs, but I guess if everyone's whining for more we should let them in. That would have put a 2nd .500 team in the playoffs this season. Might as well NBA and NHL it up and let half the league in, losing records and all. It'll feel like bowl season.
    We don't HAVE to be like everyone's other leagues ya know.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care about records that much. I just want to ensure that people are having fun and stay interested in the league. If the consensus is to:

A) Leave the playoffs as is
    or
    B) Adding playoff teams

Either way I could care less as long as people are having fun, enjoying themselves, and actively participating in the league.

P.S. You got a problem with .500 teams? LOL. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    We discussed before the season our reasons for only 4 teams making the playoffs, but I guess if everyone's whining for more we should let them in. That would have put a 2nd .500 team in the playoffs this season. Might as well NBA and NHL it up and let half the league in, losing records and all. It'll feel like bowl season.
    We don't HAVE to be like everyone's other leagues ya know.

Country
    Country Flag

We will put it up to a vote before next season.

Country
    Country Flag

So how do I claim my trophy? Do I engrave it myself?

Country
    Country Flag

So how do I claim my trophy? Do I engrave it myself?
    Sorry. I have been busy with Christmas and haven't had a chance to take care of this yet. I will get with last year's champ and work out how to get it to you. Since it is not in my possession and I do not want to ask him to pay to have it engraved then you will probably have to do it. When I had it done last year it only cost me about $6 or so. Please send me a PM with your address.

Final Standings:
    Lud Grays, 12-4, League Champion
    Square Pegs, 10-6, League Runner-up
    Merlin's Giants, 11-5, Third-Place
    Ben Staad Bears, 7-9, Fourth-Place
    Rube's 45s, 8-8
    Underhax Breadcrumbs, 8-8
    Garrell's Raiders, 8-8
    Team Cormier, 8-8
    The La-Z-Boys, 7-9
    death by snu snu, 6-10
    Equus Asinus, 6-10
    Walkin' Dudes, 5-11

Next year's rookie/free agent draft will be the reverse order of those standings. After the top three spots, there is a lot of parity. The team to break out is probably going to be the one that strikes gold in next year's draft.

Country
    Country Flag

Got the trophy today. Am I only the 2nd winner? I'll get the engraving done soon, and try to get a pic up tonight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the trophy today. Am I only the 2nd winner? I'll get the engraving done soon, and try to get a pic up tonight.
    That would be great. I would like to see what I am missing!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot. Looking forward to seeing this and dreaming about it one day being mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast