Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.com Fantasy Football League

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I haven't heard any opposition to redrafting to make this a dynasty league so that is what we will do.
    For a dynasty, this first draft is very important so everyone needs to be able to do it. Does anyone have any conflicts with Sunday, September 1st at 6PM Central time?
    That time works just fine for me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Sorry, me too
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ^ Sorry, me too
    Don't be sorry - neil is available and said he'd be happy to take my spot - not sure if he called my boss and made sure that I was working that weekend...I will still follow the thread and put my 3 cents in.

So I will pass my spot onto Neil - I will leave it up to rube to make the magic happen and let neil take over/rename naked bootleg

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm game to sub in for cit74 if he can't make it, and I can be there for the live draft on the 1st. Also I'm willing to fill in for anyone that needs to bow out if cit74 decides to to participate.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'm game to sub in for cit74 if he can't make it, and I can be there for the live draft on the 1st. Also I'm willing to fill in for anyone that needs to bow out if cit74 decides to to participate.
    My schedule is set - so consider my spot now yours.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    cools!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Time may be a challenge but I'm game.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    cools!
    Sorry I have been busy this weekend but I have deleted cit74 and invited Lookwhoitis.

Country
    Country Flag

it was fun while it lasted - kinda like the year for my eagles WR and Maclin so far...or pitta...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whats the dealio with team abbreviations? Should they reference boards handle? Or FF Team name? or whatever you want? lol

also is draft order gonna be randomly determined by the draft client before start of draft since we are drafting from scratch? (i see me listed as pick 11 of 12 atm, unsure if that is gonna stay or if it is left over from last time) How is draft order determined if it is not random for the redraft?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Your team name and abbreviation can be whatever you want. Normally the abbreviation is just that so that we can recognize your team on schedules and the like.

The draft order is based on last year's results which is what I normally use for redraft leagues. You took over the team that had the best record but lost in the championship game thus your spot is 11th. I had not even thought about changing the draft order now that it is becoming a dynasty because everyone else "earned" their spot in the draft and since it is a snake draft it kind of evens out anyway. I could open it to a vote but I am guessing that everyone in the back half of the draft is going to vote to randomize the order and everyone in the first part will want to stay. Seeing how I don't think the first round is going to make or break anyone I am going to leave it unless I get an overwhelming response wanting it randomized.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I'm not that excited picking in the last half of the draft in a league that certainly weights the QB position so heavily. Especially since it is a draft from scratch for a new dynasty league. I think for it to be fair (since all teams are being redrafted and folks wont be continuing on with the same players they had last year) it should be a randomized draft order.

I mean why should i be penalized because they guy whose team I am taking over came in second place? It would make sense i were taking over a team of pre-owned players, because then I would get something (ie the good draft picks the guy made previously in the prior year, who i would retain.)

OF course the snake draft might even it out, but this league seems a bit non-traditional with the weighted QB scores (not that I'm against that). I just think with a brand new start, a brand new format it should be a brand new draft including randomized draft order or I am gonna be at a disadvantage for cit74's 2nd place finish putting me in the 11 slot.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Of course I'm not that excited picking in the last half of the draft in a league that certainly weights the QB position so heavily. Especially since it is a draft from scratch for a new dynasty league. I think for it to be fair (since all teams are being redrafted and folks wont be continuing on with the same players they had last year) it should be a randomized draft order.

I mean why should i be penalized because they guy whose team I am taking over came in second place? It would make sense i were taking over a team of pre-owned players, because then I would get something (ie the good draft picks the guy made previously in the prior year, who i would retain.)

OF course the snake draft might even it out, but this league seems a bit non-traditional with the weighted QB scores (not that I'm against that). I just think with a brand new start, a brand new format it should be a brand new draft including randomized draft order or I am gonna be at a disadvantage for cit74's 2nd place finish putting me in the 11 slot.
    I don't think you are being "penalized" at all. For a guy that has been in a lot of leagues I would think that you would realize that your draft isn't made in the first round. With the same rules last year, only 4 QBs went before the 11th pick and I personally know I not going that route with my first pick. You still only start one QB compared to up to 3 RBs or WRs. AND if I randomize the draft you might end up with the 11th (or 10th or 12th) again anyways. Tell you what, if it bothers you so bad, I will switch spots with you and you can pick fourth.

Then again, what the fuck do I care. If half of you speak up against the current draft order then I will randomize it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think you are being "penalized" at all. For a guy that has been in a lot of leagues I would think that you would realize that your draft isn't made in the first round. With the same rules last year, only 4 QBs went before the 11th pick and I personally know I not going that route with my first pick. You still only start one QB compared to up to 3 RBs or WRs. AND if I randomize the draft you might end up with the 11th (or 10th or 12th) again anyways. Tell you what, if it bothers you so bad, I will switch spots with you and you can pick fourth.

Then again, what the fuck do I care. If half of you speak up against the current draft order then I will randomize it.
    With all due respect, the order is the order. For that matter I'd prefer to pick 4th rather than 7th. Let's not get into that kinda stuff. Unless, of course, you want to give me the 4th pick? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I'll be able to participate in a live-draft. I prefer to just use auto-drafting. If that's a problem, just let me know and I'll drop.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the draft order should stay the way it is.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got an ESPN FF email to visit the forum. What was that about? And Fulman? Don't you even think about leaving. I want a piece of you this year!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

With this becoming a dynasty league, you don't want to auto-draft. You are going to have to use these players for years. After this year the drafts will be much shorter because it will just include rookies and free-agents (if that helps.)

Country
    Country Flag

I got an ESPN FF email to visit the forum. What was that about? And Fulman? Don't you even think about leaving. I want a piece of you this year!!! LOL
    To give everyone a chance to voice their opinion about the draft

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To give everyone a chance to voice their opinion about the draft
    In that case you're doing fine. The only thing wrong is that I am not picking #1 again, but what can ya do? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I take this way less seriously than others, and I just don't have time to devote to a live draft. I don't mind being a cellar dweller, but at the same time I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think last years champ should have choice of pick, then randomize everyone else.

I'm more a fan of keeping 4-6 guys rather than the whole team, but I guess 'dynasty' seems to be a hit here.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    I think last years champ should have choice of pick, then randomize everyone else.

I'm more a fan of keeping 4-6 guys rather than the whole team, but I guess 'dynasty' seems to be a hit here.
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. It gives a bonus to the Champ. Doesnt stick any newcomers with a pick resultant of the teams performance the year before. It also randomizes it up before a dynasty draft from scratch.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

SpaceMan, I am assuming you speak for your brother as well so that means there are three that would like a new draft order. If there is anyone else that feels the same way, please let me know. Three more and consider it randomized.

I sent a reply to Joe to ask his opinion on the draft order (since he is not on the forum) but for some weird reason it went to everyone. So no, I do not think you are all named Joe and that everyone won last year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote goes to w/e the majority wants.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast