Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Only 38 days until Pitchers and Catchers reprot to Spring Training. Sure would be nice to see Tanaka in that group!

By the way I got a book for Christmas called Stocking Stumpers New York Yankees An Elfish Assortment of Quizzes by S. Clause. I started quizzing my son Brett and he was able to answer many many more questions that I could.

Here's a quick sample!
    • In the Yankees 25-2 demolition of the Phiuladelphia A's in 1936, ho became teh first MLB Player to hit two Grand Slams in a single game? Lou Gehrig?
    • In 2002 , who became just the second Yankee (after Babe Ruth) to hit a walk-off Grand Slam with the Yankies trailing by three runs?
    • Who as the last Yankee to hit for the cycle in the 20th Century - he played Shortstop before Jeter was ready to take over the position? Tony Fernandez
    • While several players cameoed on the show, who was the only Yankee Manager to appear on Seinfeld? Buck Showalter?

You know the answers, right Bill?????

Well, stick a fork in A-Rod, he's done!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tony Lazeri was the first player to hit two grand slams in one game. Gehrig is a good answer though. He hit so many.

The answer to #2 is Jason Giambi if I'm not mistaken. That game used to play constantly on Yankees classics. Great game.

Not surprised by the whole A-Rod thing. I think they will re-sign Reynolds now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Tony Lazeri was the first player to hit two grand slams in one game. Gehrig is a good answer though. He hit so many.

The answer to #2 is Jason Giambi if I'm not mistaken. That game used to play constantly on Yankees classics. Great game.

Not surprised by the whole A-Rod thing. I think they will re-sign Reynolds now.
    If only he had the sense to just "retire" and go away. Sadly, he doesn't!! Such a shame for such a great player (at one time).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The 60 Minutes Bosch Interview was pretty interesting. I dont think the man is lying. He said if he hadn;t been caught he'd still be doping players. It was pretty ingteresting to see how they went about making sure that players could pass the random drug tests. A-Rod was just one client and he paid Bosch $144K per year! No matter what A-Rod ever does now his accolades will always be tainted. It's a shame that somewhere along the path he lost sight of the forest through the trees!

32 days until Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training - where oh where will Tanaka be? It looks like he has whittled down his list of prospective employers to the Yankees, Dodgers and Angels! It would be great if Kuroda could be his mentor into the Big Leagues and The Big Apple!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Where there is smoke there is fire. I don't think he was lying either. It is amazing how many players were (and probably still are) involved in this. It really is mind blowing to me.

I dont think the man is lying.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What really pisses me off is that there is one egotistical a-hole who through greed, avarice and a total disregard for and respect of the game and of his peers, is putting a major black eye on the sport I love. Thank god there are Jeters, Trouts, Riveras, Griffeys, and many many many many more out there that play (or played) the game the right way and shine in doing so!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What really pisses me off is that there is one egotistical a-hole who through greed, avarice and a total disregard for and respect of the game and of his peers, is putting a major black eye on the sport I love. Thank god there are Jeters, Trouts, Riveras, Griffeys, and many many many many more out there that play (or played) the game the right way and shine in doing so!
    He need to be "Whacked"!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A gift for you Oh Haven Whoremeister!

Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Tex just got hurt.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A gift for you Oh Haven Whoremeister!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand Tex just got hurt.
    Really? Doing what?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting slapped by C.C. in the video and then falling down. I was just joking. Although it was good to see C.C. use his non-throwing hand.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting slapped by C.C. in the video and then falling down. I was just joking. Although it was good to see C.C. use his non-throwing hand.
    LOL I was hoping that was it, but still, don't do that to me!!!!! LOL

With, Cano gone we really need Tex to have a good year!!! And Tanaka!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I keep telling my dad, don't get your hopes up about Tanaka.

We do need a good year out of Tex. I think all hope is gone for him to be the hitter he was earlier in his career, but we need him to stay healthy and put some balls in the seats.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I keep telling my dad, don't get your hopes up about Tanaka.

We do need a good year out of Tex. I think all hope is gone for him to be the hitter he was earlier in his career, but we need him to stay healthy and put some balls in the seats.
    I don't know. With Matsui, Ichiro and Kuroda we may have the inside track, no? Plus his wife could learn to love shopping on 5th Ave. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You would think. But it's always going to come down to money. I'm not sure who he's deciding between, but I hope it's not the Mariners. They're owned by Sony, a Japanese company. The M's have already screwed us this winter.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You would think. But it's always going to come down to money. I'm not sure who he's deciding between, but I hope it's not the Mariners. They're owned by Sony, a Japanese company. The M's have already screwed us this winter.
    Last I heard it was us and the Dodgers.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dodgers just gave a butt load of money to Kershaw. I know they have a ton of money, but this tells me they aren't going to sign Tanaka. I would think he will sign soon.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tanaka reportedly signs 7 Yr $155M deal with the New York Yankees! With opt out clause after 4 years!

This is good news.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am always very curious to see how these Japanese players turn out. Good luck to ya'!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tanaka!!!!

A very big "THANK YOU" to the Steinbrenner's for this gift!!! They definitely put the money back into the organization. Unlike a lot of club's and that is something to be truly thankful for as a fan.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/nyy/...&vkey=news_nyy
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard about this first thing this morning, my Lord, it was just what we needed!!! Sabbathia, Tanaka, Kuroda, Nova and maybe Pineda?? Awesome stuff!!! Mo, would be proud!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where are those, Red Sux guys now???? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This makes them immediate contenders. Looking forward to the start of ST.

I'm hoping we get something out of Pindeda this year. I see his impact coming more from the bullpen. I've been scouting (for my fantasy league) Pineda since he was 18 and I've always seen him as a reliever. Even his breakout year with the M's as a starter, he was predominately a 2 pitch pitcher. He's never developed a third plus pitch. Being injured the last two years has done nothing to help his secondary stuff come along.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him emerge as the Yankees long term closer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast