Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

He should be a very nice addition. Will he actually catch or play elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    He should be a very nice addition. Will he actually catch or play elsewhere?

I think they are counting on him to catch.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Step 1 - Girardi is on board
    Step 2 - Jeter is back!
    Step 3 - McCann signed to catch and slug a few into the short right porch! A definite upgrade behind the plate!
    Step 4 - ???

Constantly checking the Hot Stove Reports! Latest I heard is an interest in Kemp! that works for me, but prob alby not teh <$189M target!

And A-Rod od is really screwing the pants of the Yankees, with no resolution until January likely, the Yankees don't know if his crazy salary for 2014 is available or tied up!They still need another prime starter and probably an outfielder!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

McCann should be a nice addition. The 5 years kind of worries me. I don't think he will be catching at the end of that contract. Especially since some of the Yankees best prospects are catchers. McCann has also had some injuries the last two years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him DH and play some 1st base this year. DH is kind of log jammed with Jeter and A-Rod who will be splitting DH duties quite a bit this year. Assuming A-Rod doesn't get suspended.

I heard the Kemp rumors. I'd stay away from him. He's had two lost years in a row. I also heard that C.C would be part of that deal. Their pitching isn't exactly in great shape.

I hear they are hot on Beltran. Wouldn't be surprised to see him signed soon. There's also the Japanese pitcher out there that the Yanks seem very high on.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Step 1 - Girardi is on board
    Step 2 - Jeter is back!
    Step 3 - McCann signed to catch and slug a few into the short right porch! A definite upgrade behind the plate!
    Step 4 - Teixeira to make comeback!!!! CC too!!!!!
    Step 5 - Hughes to Minnesota - good bye! He may thrive in a pitcher friendly park!
    Step 6 - Stewart to Pittsburg - good bye! I am sure Cervelli will be a good backup
    Step 7 - Beltran ?????
    Step 8 - Tanaka ????? Kuroda?????
    Step 9 - Third Base????

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They made an offer to, Kuroda. I take that as a good sign. I don't think 3rd is such an issue. I think they feel that getting, Tex back and adding, McCann upgrades the offense. Of course a key to that is also getting, Cano. There is movement there a few other suitors apparently. Tanaka is "wait & see" for now until MLB gets it together, presumably before spring training. Beltran is a dance, he wants 3 yrs, they want two. I think this will also happen with a compromise of an option year for the third year.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Cervelli. I would give Romine and Murphy a shot for the backup duties. They have to let some of these younger guys from the system step forward.

If not Cervelli, then they will probably trade Romine or Murphy. They just have too many catchers at the moment. I like Cervelli, he's actually turned into a better MLB player than anybody thought. I'm a little tired of his act though and the steroid issue is something the Yankees might want to distance themselves from in light of the A-Rod debacle.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks just signed Ellsbury to a 7 year deal. This means they won't be signing Beltran. He should have taken the 2 year they offered. I also think this means they might let Cano walk. Interesting.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Where would the Yankees be without raiding the Red Sox over the years? No Babe Ruth, no Roger Clemens, no Johnny Damon, no Jacoby. Glad we can help.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Where would the Yankees be without raiding the Red Sox over the years? No Babe Ruth, no Roger Clemens, no Johnny Damon, no Jacoby. Glad we can help.
    None of us here swim in your toilet. Don't piss in our pool, please. And Damon came from Oakland and several other teams as well. Ruth, well that was just a dumb move by an intellectually challenged owner. You enjoy a good showing of "No,No Nannette"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yanks just signed Ellsbury to a 7 year deal. This means they won't be signing Beltran. He should have taken the 2 year they offered. I also think this means they might let Cano walk. Interesting.
    Great signing, but I don't think it impacts the Cano dealings as yet.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

None of us here swim in your toilet. Don't piss in our pool, please. And Damon came from Oakland and several other teams as well. Ruth, well that was just a dumb move by an intellectually challenged owner. You enjoy a good showing of "No,No Nannette"?
    Actually, Damon came up through the KC Royals minor league system. He even played in my hometown one year (1993 Rockford Royals).

Sorry for the hijack, just thought it was interesting.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Actually, Damon came up through the KC Royals minor league system. He even played in my hometown one year (1993 Rockford Royals).

Sorry for the hijack, just thought it was interesting.
    No problem here!!

http://wapc.mlb.com/nyy/play/?conten...72882&c_id=nyy
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget about Wade Boggs. All the guys we just listed won championships with the Yankees after they left the Red Sox. Hopefully the same will be true with Ellsbury.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget about Wade Boggs. All the guys we just listed won championships with the Yankees after they left the Red Sox. Hopefully the same will be true with Ellsbury.
    Thanks for reminding me - another championship for the Sox, I mean Yankees.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In the case of Ruth, that was just stupid business. In the case of Clemens, the Red Sox thought he was heading downhill, so they let him go. He signed with the Jays where he won the Cy Young award in both of the seasons he pitched for the Jays. In 1998, the Yankees sent David Wells to Toronto for Clemens. Wells was coming off of a 18-4 season. A year where he threw a perfect game and helped the Yankees win 125 games.

In 1992, Wade Boggs hit .259 for the Red Sox. The lowest batting average of his career by far. The Sox thought he was done and let him go. You can't have one or two players on a team and take credit for the championship.

If that were the case, I guess the following teams could take credit for the Sox 2013 win:

Twins for Ortiz.
    Phillies for Victorino
    Braves and Rangers for Salty
    Marlins, Cubs, Reds, Rangers for Dempster
    Angels for Lackey
    Orioles and Rangers for Uehara
    Angels and Rangers for Napoli

You get the picture.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In the case of Ruth, that was just stupid business. In the case of Clemens, the Red Sox thought he was heading downhill, so they let him go. He signed with the Jays where he won the Cy Young award in both of the seasons he pitched for the Jays. In 1998, the Yankees sent David Wells to Toronto for Clemens. Wells was coming off of a 18-4 season. A year where he threw a perfect game and helped the Yankees win 125 games.

In 1992, Wade Boggs hit .259 for the Red Sox. The lowest batting average of his career by far. The Sox thought he was done and let him go. You can't have one or two players on a team and take credit for the championship.

If that were the case, I guess the following teams could take credit for the Sox 2013 win:

Twins for Ortiz.
    Phillies for Victorino
    Braves and Rangers for Salty
    Marlins, Cubs, Reds, Rangers for Dempster
    Angels for Lackey
    Orioles and Rangers for Uehara
    Angels and Rangers for Napoli

You get the picture.
    I love you!!!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's not forget the stop ole Roger made to the chemist along the way - a Yankee tradition A-Rod?

And yes, I get the picture - I believe it was Seinfeld that said "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Because no Red Sox player has ever taken steroids. I forgot, the Boston Red Sox are the only organization immune to the epidemic that is steroid use in Major League Baseball.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Because no Red Sox player has ever taken steroids. I forgot, the Boston Red Sox are the only organization immune to the epidemic that is steroid use in Major League Baseball.
    Nope - just laundry!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The more I read about the Cano issue, the more I hope that the Yanks stand fast on the 7 yr $165 million dollar offer. He's 31 and probably only has 5 solid years ahead of him. Then he is on the decline. Seattle is offering $230 Million and 10 yrs and I think he is crazy to take it. He will do better long term remaining a Yankee and die a slow death in Seattle. We've added Ellsbury and McAnn, Tex will be back and Soriano is still under contract. We go out and get a decent DH and nobody will miss, Cano. Early indicators are that Kuroda wants to come back as well.

The Yanks shouldn't saddle themselves with another A-Rod contract that they will come to regret. If he is dumb enough to go to Seattle well then, good riddance!!! Sure we will miss his bat and fielding for a few years and then we'll go out and get the next big thing either in free agency or through the minors.

Also, as far as that DH goes, they should be talking to Granderson and not Beltran!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Money makes the world go round. Bye, Bye, ya' bastard.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope not the Grandyman - he's fled cross town to the Mets!

I say the Yankees go after infante for 2nd Base and Choo as that one more good bat. Looks like Kuroda is in, Tanaka - well the posting fee is only $20M so many teams will go after him. Maybve the lure to Yankees will be Kuroda and Ichiro so Tanaka will have someone to talk to! LOL.

As to Cano - its all about the money, but when yo make that much does it really matter. Other than bragging rights I guess. The man is great but he is lazy too - never runs out grounders. What's he gonna do on the back half of his contract with the M's - use a wheelchair to get to First! Besdies the money saved on Canoe more than covered Ellsbury AND McCann combined! Grandy gone - give Infante 3- 4 yrs at $12M per!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love BB but I am a fan of a different AL team. I think the Tigers are looking at Choo as well but I'm smelling a bit of a salary dump in Tiger land these days. We will see.

FWIW. I think the Yanks did the right thing by not signing Cano.

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Nope not the Grandyman - he's fled cross town to the Mets!

I say the Yankees go after infante for 2nd Base and Choo as that one more good bat. Looks like Kuroda is in, Tanaka - well the posting fee is only $20M so many teams will go after him. Maybve the lure to Yankees will be Kuroda and Ichiro so Tanaka will have someone to talk to! LOL.

As to Cano - its all about the money, but when yo make that much does it really matter. Other than bragging rights I guess. The man is great but he is lazy too - never runs out grounders. What's he gonna do on the back half of his contract with the M's - use a wheelchair to get to First! Besdies the money saved on Canoe more than covered Ellsbury AND McCann combined! Grandy gone - give Infante 3- 4 yrs at $12M per!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really interested to see how Cano does in Seattle. It's kind of like the moon when it comes to the baseball landscape. It can't get any farther removed from New York.

He's not going to have a whole lot of protection in that lineup. Kyle Seager is a good player, but he doesn't strike fear in the eyes of pitchers. Also, Cano will be leaving behind the short porch of Yankee Stadium for a massive ballpark in Seattle. Even though they brought the fences in a little, it's still big. I know it will never happen, but something they could think about doing is putting Soriano back at second and signing Beltran. I know it will never happen in a million years, but he's always loved playing 2B and he was better than most people gave him credit for.

It should be interesting to follow the M's. If they are out of it by July, I can't wait to see Cano's demeanor.

Speaking of the Tigers, I thought that was an awful deal for Fister. Fister is a very solid pitcher and they got zero prospects for him. Lombardozzi is a utility infielder. Krohl is a lefty reliever and Ray is a possible #5 starter at best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast