Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go Rays!!!! and anyone ANYONE playing Boston!!!!
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

12-2 Baby! Go Rays! hahaha

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    12-2 Baby! Go Rays! hahaha
    How sad....... So, measuring yourselves against the Yankee's is your only validation? Such a shame.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we have a general baseball thread in here? It's going to get pretty cluttered if we start a new thread for each team, and I don't want to hijack.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Do we have a general baseball thread in here? It's going to get pretty cluttered if we start a new thread for each team, and I don't want to hijack.

Here ya go!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...hings-Baseball
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen this SportsCenter ad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=g-iXJ0E_WDE

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Have you seen this SportsCenter ad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=g-iXJ0E_WDE
    That is pretty funny!! I give you a pass, Jim!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Guess I wasn't looking hard enough.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe will be back!!! 1st mission accomplished!!!

We still need a "Mod" for the thread title!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    So, that's how they broke the curse!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Officially/Unofficially I am rooting for the Tigers. Anxious to see what Cashman has in mind for next year, but I understand the financial aspect. We "Yankee fans" are in it for the long haul!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes we are - I pretty much started watchign the Yankees when i was about 5 years old - the days of Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Joe Pepitone, Tom Tresh, Bobby Richardson, ....

By my math that means I have been on the Yankee bandwagon for 55 years - through the thick and the thin of it all!

Bill what are your thoughts on this Japanese pitcher they are courting?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Japanese "Phenoms" seem to be hit or miss. I think they should save the money.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

the one good thing is that the "posting fee" doesnt count against the target $189M!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True and they do need pitching. It's the key to the post season. They'll hopefully get Pineda back, Nova should be solid and C.C., well it's C.C.!!! They should probably look to Kuroda again. The Pen will need help as well, but that should not be hard to come by.

BTW, it's been nagging at me since the game, but why in the name of Fuck's sake would you pitch to "Big Papi" with the bases loaded and a 5-1 lead? They were asking for trouble and got a big dose of it. You would think Leyland was smarter than that.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It may be the biggest mistake of Leyland's career! I watched the game for a couple of innings - switched channels with Detroit up 5 runs. Was totally surprised when I saw the results in the morning.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems as though they are going after Tanaka. I hope it works out. Remember Kie Igawa? I sure hope they strike a deal with Cano. He's the next "Jeter" IMHO and is a definite keeper. What has happened to our highly rated farm system? Seems just yesterday that they had so many "prospects" and now almost nothing. Maybe a head or two should roll.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Best in the farm system is a few years out - Gary Sanchez - sgined at 17 and now 20 yrs young. We need a catcher for a few years til he is eally ready. All predicitons are the Yankees shoudl grab B McCann from Atlanta and give him a 4 yr deal. He woudl be a def step up from Steward, Cervelli, Romine! Betances for pitching - if they could lock down his control he'd be awesome!

I also hear rumblings about Carlos Beltran - havent sorted that out yet! Having Soriano in LF and Gardner in CF - platoon Wells and Ichiro, I am not sure - Wells ran out of gas early and Ichiro is no spring chicken. I'd rather see Ichiro on the bench to PH and occassionally start adn let Wells go and get another FullTime RF (Beltran?)

I think they should keep the guy (Ryan ?) they signed late this year for SS and make Jeter the DH. I love Jeter to death but age is against him This Ryan guy is one of hte best defensive SS out there. He coudl be the #9 hitter as he is avg at best on offense.

And YES they NEED Cano more than ever!!!!!

That leavs 3B - is A-ROD suspended or not! If so they have a hole to fill! I heard someone say Chavez - bring him back - he was pretty good last time around, but can he go the distance without injury!

So many questions........................

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Best in the farm system is a few years out - Gary Sanchez - sgined at 17 and now 20 yrs young. We need a catcher for a few years til he is eally ready. All predicitons are the Yankees shoudl grab B McCann from Atlanta and give him a 4 yr deal. He woudl be a def step up from Steward, Cervelli, Romine! Betances for pitching - if they could lock down his control he'd be awesome!

I also hear rumblings about Carlos Beltran - havent sorted that out yet! Having Soriano in LF and Gardner in CF - platoon Wells and Ichiro, I am not sure - Wells ran out of gas early and Ichiro is no spring chicken. I'd rather see Ichiro on the bench to PH and occassionally start adn let Wells go and get another FullTime RF (Beltran?)

I think they should keep the guy (Ryan ?) they signed late this year for SS and make Jeter the DH. I love Jeter to death but age is against him This Ryan guy is one of hte best defensive SS out there. He coudl be the #9 hitter as he is avg at best on offense.

And YES they NEED Cano more than ever!!!!!

That leavs 3B - is A-ROD suspended or not! If so they have a hole to fill! I heard someone say Chavez - bring him back - he was pretty good last time around, but can he go the distance without injury!

So many questions........................
    Questions, indeed. You make valid points all, but pitching will remain the key element and should take precedence. A bat, aside from Cano, can always be found. Pitchers, on the the hand are not so easy to come by. Keeping Ryan at SS is a great idea and will give them the flexibility to DH Jeter. Good call.

FWIW, The "beards" went down hard tonight!! 7-3, the rotten bastards!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"Beards" 3 - Detroit 2!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ignoring the "Blasphemer", who can only find validation in his enemies thread, Who should the Yanks target for the team next year? I say pitching, pitching and even more pitching.

BTW, the "beards" are just another futile attempt to defy "Yankee tradition" of no facial hair. Truly adolescent behavior. They look like "assholes"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hairy assholes. I wonder how you will embrace Ellsbury next year when the purses open.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

WORLD SERIES BABY!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    WORLD SERIES BABY!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Come back when you reach double digits in WSC's.

27 World Series Titles!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW, I believe I speak for the other fans here when I say we are really getting tired of you pissing in our pool. Especially, since you don't have a pool of your own!!!

There is a thread for you though, since you do not have one of your own.....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...hings-Baseball
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast