Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And more of course:

Cal and JJ Hardy

My Favorite Pic!

My Son Brett and Cal

Ichiro

Brett's Ball
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Pic, Bob!!!!!! Must have been great to meet Cal!!!

Btw, did you catch my tutorial on "Faithful" upthread?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't watched it yet but can imagine - I'll get to it after work! Cal is way cool. He was walking donw the sidelines and htis lady asks him to sign her ball and he takes the ball puts it in his pocket says thanks and starts to wak away - she ws fdlabbergasted. He went about ten feet and returned laughing and then signed her ball. This kid asked him to sign the Jersey he was wearing. Cal trold him to turn around and he made drawing figures all over his back with his fingers and said I hope this is OK! Kid didnt know what to say then Cal took his pen and signed teh jersey! The man is classy! He would have signe dmore except for the "people" that were with him!

By the way I was a cool Hamster for the week in Florida! Yep my rent a car was a Kia Soul and I was cool! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow - and with all the injuries present now I hear that Jeter could start the season on the DL.

The only shining light appears to be Cano - he was named the MVP of the WBC!

Well that and the fact that the NYY are one out from beating Boston 4 - 0 in a spring training game. :-)

Spoiler:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Wow - and with all the injuries present now I hear that Jeter could start the season on the DL.

The only shining light appears to be Cano - he was named the MVP of the WBC!

Well that and the fact that the NYY are one out from beating Boston 4 - 0 in a spring training game. :-)

Got my traditional "Boston Sucks" Tee on!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Yankees t-shirt I own is one with the front that says "There never was a curse..." the font and color of the words makes it look like a Red Sox t-shirt. Then on the back it says, "the Red Sox just sucked for 86 years." I love it because I get Red Sox fans reading the front and saying "GO SOX!" to me and then they see the back and get mad. I love it.

Also, Wang is working out for the Yankees scouts and could be signed to a minor league deal. I still find it crazy how his career was derailed by an ankle injury sustained running the bases during interleague. People forget that he was one of the best pitchers in baseball for a short time.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    My favorite Yankees t-shirt I own is one with the front that says "There never was a curse..." the font and color of the words makes it look like a Red Sox t-shirt. Then on the back it says, "the Red Sox just sucked for 86 years." I love it because I get Red Sox fans reading the front and saying "GO SOX!" to me and then they see the back and get mad. I love it.

Also, Wang is working out for the Yankees scouts and could be signed to a minor league deal. I still find it crazy how his career was derailed by an ankle injury sustained running the bases during interleague. People forget that he was one of the best pitchers in baseball for a short time.
    I have one of those!!! I also have (seems you can only get these outside the stadium) "Why is it called the "World Series" if, they always play it in the Bronx"? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep Wang is back with a minor club deal. He was impressive in the WBC. For a three year period he had teh 3rd most wins in MLB only behind Halliday and Beckett I believe.

If your solid with CC Sabathia, Kuroda, Pettitte, then there is the mix of Hughes, Nova, Phelps, Wang and Penieda!!!!!

Only two shining stars right now are Cano and Gardner.

And a possible deal for Vernon Wells - I am not so sure about that!

Time will tell. Opening day is only a week away!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!!! I can't wait!!! The 2013 Yankees will be based on pitching and on paper they appear very strong. I look forward to a very interesting year!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Well, we shall see. Been awhile since we had the "underdog" tag!!!

Thanks for posting that!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep thanks - it was interesting to read. Now time will tell what happens starting in about 4 days!!!!!

I'm still rooting for the Yankees AA(RP) Team! :Yankees:

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Direct from Forbes magazine, the top ten valued MLB teams. No surprises here!

Rank Team Value (in million)
    1 New York Yankees $2,300
    2 Los Angeles Dodgers $1,615
    3 Boston Red Sox $1,312
    4 Chicago Cubs $1,000
    5 Philadelphia Phillies $893
    6 New York Mets $811
    7 San Francisco Giants $786
    8 Texas Rangers $764
    9 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $718
    10 St. Louis Cardinals $716

Its gonna be a strange start to the 2013 season with Vernon Wells in LF, Overbay on 1st, Nunez at SS, and Youklis at 3rd! And a destined to be backup catcher behind the plate.

I guess Ichiro, Gardner and Cano really have to step it up. thank god CC is pitching today!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All I can say is $%@$8!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Back on track!

Unlikely Home Run Heros - Gardner golfs one over the RF Fence; Cervelli unleashes probably the longest Homer of his career!

Andy Pettitte, at age 40, pitches a stellar 8 innings, 3Ks, 1BB, 8 Hits, 1 Earned Run, inducing Three DPs

Mariano Rivera, at age 43, gets his career 609th Save - Priceless!

OK let's go get Detroit! Ivan Nova taking the mound and hopefully at his 2011 form! Perhaps Boesch can let his former team know why they should have never let him go!!!!

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the Tigers have picked up where they left off with dominating the Yankees.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like C.C. shut the Tigers down yesterday.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Looks like C.C. shut the Tigers down yesterday.
    Yep, a ray of sunshine!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice game today!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep - cano came alive and all is well right now! Let's keep rolling.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Yep - cano came alive and all is well right now! Let's keep rolling.
    AMEN, to that!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just came in here to kill the idea that I was in yankees garb.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I just came in here to kill the idea that I was in yankees garb.
    So, you were there!!!! LOL Methinks he doth protest to much!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good win today. I like how they were able to string some hits together to drive in some runs. Gardner has got to start stealing some bases. He shouldn't be getting thrown out so much. He got an awful jump on Jimenez today.

I know he pitched the other day, but I want to talk about Nova for a second. If Nova doesn't start pitching better, he's going to find himself back at AAA. He got sent down a few years back when he didn't deserve it. He was having a good year and because of roster space, the Yanks sent him down. Well, this time it will be because he's not pitching well. Maybe it will wake him up a bit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast