Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought you might enjoy this article:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure don't like giving up, Urshela but we shall see I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

At least the Sanchez experiment is over!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    At least the Sanchez experiment is over!
    Yeah, thank God I suppose. Just not sure the SS and Donaldson are the answer. Honestly, there must be a few deals in the works cause I don't see how this trade helps us a whole lot. Sure, we needed the SS as a stopgap for the boys in the minors coming up but, the pitching staff is a bit of a mess IMHO and we now have no where to consistently play, DJ. I take it, Voit is trade bait but I'm not sure how much value he has given his injury history.

I'm really not feeling this team going into this year as I have in the past. What's going on, Cash? Hope you know what you're doing, pal!! lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I fail to see the merit in the, Voit deal. I agree with trading him (injury, injury and more injury), but surely we could have received better in turn than a #8 prospect still 2-3 years away from the show.

Anyone have thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, I fail to see the merit in the, Voit deal. I agree with trading him (injury, injury and more injury), but surely we could have received better in turn than a #8 prospect still 2-3 years away from the show.

Anyone have thoughts?
    Honestly, they are lucky they got that. I was shocked they got a top 10 prospect for a team with a pretty darn good system. The fact of the matter is that Voit can't stay on the field and he's really only had one good season. He also plays a position where you can walk into a Walmart and find a guy who could at least hit 25 home runs.

As for Urshela, I can't imagine they were going to get much more out of him. Offensively, he's maxed out and his defensive numbers were actually not very good, despite everyone thinking he's a guru with the glove.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, 2 and 0 vs the Red Sux!!! Never a bad thing to beat those boys!!! lol

Still very concerned about the pitching staff and bullpen. Still seems very shakey although it was good to see, Severino have a promising outing.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Anyone have thoughts?
    Honestly, they are lucky they got that. I was shocked they got a top 10 prospect for a team with a pretty darn good system. The fact of the matter is that Voit can't stay on the field and he's really only had one good season. He also plays a position where you can walk into a Walmart and find a guy who could at least hit 25 home runs.

As for Urshela, I can't imagine they were going to get much more out of him. Offensively, he's maxed out and his defensive numbers were actually not very good, despite everyone thinking he's a guru with the glove.
    Gotta say, that's a damn good analysis. You should call, Mike Kay and get a job!! lol You sound better than that guy Russo(?) IMHO!! LOL

Need starting pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either that or a couple HUGE comebacks from the likes of, German, Severino and Monty!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!

Did you guys catch the ESPN broadcast for "Sunday Night Baseball"? The "Kay-Rod" team? Holy crap!!! I muted the TV but the sight of that stupid picture in picture on the left side of screen still haunts me!! Even when I close my eyes!!!! LOL
    I really hope that's the last time we ever see that again!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have thoughts?

Gotta say, that's a damn good analysis. You should call, Mike Kay and get a job!! lol You sound better than that guy Russo(?) IMHO!! LOL

Need starting pitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either that or a couple HUGE comebacks from the likes of, German, Severino and Monty!!
    Thanks!

I have some growing concerns about this team and they are aligning with the same concerns I had last year. They don't get timely hits and rely upon the home run far too much.

There are some games where you have to get 4 singles to win a game. I don't care what the analytics say.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!

I have some growing concerns about this team and they are aligning with the same concerns I had last year. They don't get timely hits and rely upon the home run far too much.

There are some games where you have to get 4 singles to win a game. I don't care what the analytics say.
    Yep!!! They already seem like the '22 version of the 2021 team!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'll tell you one thing for sure so far, the decision to sign, Rizzo looks like genius at work so far!!! LOL LOL The guy is hitting everything they throw his way!!! 3 dingers tonight and he leads the majors in HR's and has 18 ribbies so far!!! Who did they trade away? Luke something? lol

God I hope he stays healthy and dangerous at the plate!!! Surprise!!! Hicks is out for a few days!! lol lol Don't want to jinx anything but, Sevy is looking good so far as well.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Yankees traded Alexander Vizcaíno and Kevin Alcántara for rizzo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Yankees traded Alexander Vizcaíno and Kevin Alcántara for rizzo.
    Yes, I'm aware. They re-signed, Rizzo which allowed them to trade, Voit. It was the same net effect IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummmm, don't look now but, the boys are cruising along right now. Everything is clicking away!! Even, Taillon had a couple decent starts!! Also, thank the Lord for, Nestor and his apple a day routine!! lol gleyber is also showing some signs of life at the plate. Been great TV lately!!! lol I think, Nestor is on tap for the series finale tonite!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A nice moment. I was sitting a few seats away. You can see me on the replay.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cortes is sure looking like a gem in the rough for the starting rotation!!!

20 wins leads the league!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thoroughly enjoying the season so far. A few takeaways:
    • Nasty Cortez is brilliant
    • Rizzo is terrific
    • Gleybor at 2nd Base was a good idea
    • Judge is phenonemal!
    • IKF at SS was as good move.
    • Stanton's power is unbeatable!
    • Yankees in AL East First Place by 5.5 games as of today the 18th!
    • Boston - lost in the rear view mirror! :-)

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been keeping silent so as to not jinx things but, they sure are doing well!!! Two things though I thought worth mentioning:

1. Fucking, Hicks and Gallo are "Black Holes" in the lineup. That Hicks contract must really sting!!! lol

2. WTF, with, Beltran and Maybin???? They are fucking horrible!! Give, O'neil and Cone a raise already!! lol I wonder, do Maybin and Beltran get paid by the "cliche"? lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I've been keeping silent so as to not jinx things but, they sure are doing well!!! Two things though I thought worth mentioning:

1. Fucking, Hicks and Gallo are "Black Holes" in the lineup. That Hicks contract must really sting!!! lol

2. WTF, with, Beltran and Maybin???? They are fucking horrible!! Give, O'neil and Cone a raise already!! lol I wonder, do Maybin and Beltran get paid by the "cliche"? lol lol

I don’t know how you can stand Michael Kay. He annoys the hell out of me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've grown accustomed to, Kay and he is the play by play guy so not too bad. Those other two, Beltran and Maybin, OMG!!! Give me, Paulie every time!! lol

I got to say in regard to the, Chicago incident, granted what, Josh said was out of line a bit, i find it very interesting that, Tim Anderson would compare himself to, jackie Robinson!!! LOL You gotta be kidding me!! Jackie Robinson is a pillar to the game and, Tim Anderson is just a marginal SS!!! LOl I'm surprised his own team mates do not give him a ton of shit for thast ridiculous comment in print. lol What a world we now live in!! lol

I mean you make a comment like that (Anderson) you gotta be ready for the ball breaking that will follow a dumb fucking quote like that, no? lol

Imagine if, judge or Stanton made a comment like, "I'm the next, Ruth". lol They'd be on them like white on rice breaking their balls. And not for nothing but, Anderson ain't anywhere near the level of player either of those two are IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've grown accustomed to, Kay and he is the play by play guy so not too bad. Those other two, Beltran and Maybin, OMG!!! Give me, Paulie every time!! lol

I got to say in regard to the, Chicago incident, granted what, Josh said was out of line a bit, i find it very interesting that, Tim Anderson would compare himself to, jackie Robinson!!! LOL You gotta be kidding me!! Jackie Robinson is a pillar to the game and, Tim Anderson is just a marginal SS!!! LOl I'm surprised his own team mates do not give him a ton of shit for thast ridiculous comment in print. lol What a world we now live in!! lol

I mean you make a comment like that (Anderson) you gotta be ready for the ball breaking that will follow a dumb fucking quote like that, no? lol

Imagine if, judge or Stanton made a comment like, "I'm the next, Ruth". lol They'd be on them like white on rice breaking their balls. And not for nothing but, Anderson ain't anywhere near the level of player either of those two are IMHO
    Donaldson is a POS and even his teammates aren't standing by him.

And Anderson didn't say he was the "next Jackie Robinson". His actual quote was:

“I kind of feel like today’s Jackie Robinson,” he says. “That’s huge to say. But it’s cool, man, because he changed the game, and I feel like I’m getting to a point to where I need to change the game.”
    https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/04/30/ti...sox-speaks-out

Even so, that doesn't make what JD said acceptable.

It's weird how so many people think they should be the ones to tell a black man when he's allowed to be offended.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 LastLast