Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been in here much. Not much to say. They just can't hit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I haven't been in here much. Not much to say. They just can't hit.
    All those millions for those bats, too!!! They can't seem to get 5 freaking runs!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there aren't many games left and the Yanks seem out of it. I real shame, Jeter will not go out with the post season he has "owned" over the years. However, look at the numbers, so far...

* Jeter, D SS 2741 11174 1921 3459 542 66 260 1304 1081 1835 358 97 .310 .377 .440 .817

Good for #6 on the all time hit list and the post season numbers are out of this world. He will also be known as the best "hitting" Shortstop in all of baseball history. He also has 5 WS rings!! What a freaking player!!!!

1st time inductee to the HOF in 2019?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

I had a long talk with my Mom--who is still based in the NY Metro area--last night. It's been a bittersweet season, but for some reason the likely failure to reach the postseason feels like the least of it--probably because, between the injuries and some key Fails, it never really felt--to me anyway--that they were that good.

An End, maybe not as sweet as we might've hoped, but honestly that started well before this season began. Will enjoy it while it lasts, be it 7 games or more, and then start counting the days to pitchers and catchers, as we always do.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So Jeter becomes the first Yankee over 40 with 4 consecutive multiple hit games. They most likely are out of it but Jeter is still trying to bring up his game.

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate the Yankees...always have. But I couldn't be more thrilled at how the game played out tonight. Jeter is and always has been a class act. He has been a pleasure to watch over the last 20 years and the game is certainly going to miss him. I don't think there will ever be a player with his loyalty and devotion to his team and their fans again.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Obviously, Detroit fans and the ass in the video have no class whatsoever.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Goodbye, and thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkberger View Post
    I had a long talk with my Mom--who is still based in the NY Metro area--last night. It's been a bittersweet season, but for some reason the likely failure to reach the postseason feels like the least of it--probably because, between the injuries and some key Fails, it never really felt--to me anyway--that they were that good.

An End, maybe not as sweet as we might've hoped, but honestly that started well before this season began. Will enjoy it while it lasts, be it 7 games or more, and then start counting the days to pitchers and catchers, as we always do.
    I can't really take issue with that. Yes, very disappointing. Especially for, Jeet' last season.

Goodbye, and thanks.
    See you in, February when Pitchers and Catchers report. Perhaps, as the Hot Stove heats up during the holidays.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, certainly not the season I, the Yakees or, Derek Jeter was hoping for. However, I am very glad to have had the opportunity to see an MLB great, Derek Jeter play his final games. I will remember his achievements for all of my life. The plays, the moments, the dedication and maybe most of all, his appreciation of the fans.

That being said, and well meant, Brian Cashman, get to work!!!! (Hint: We need a farm system!!!)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, where do our beloved, Yanks go from here? Sure would be nice to have some kids in the farm to look forward to, but we don't and the "Free Agent" market is not so bright. I can't believe I am saying this, but we need offense!!! Chemistry!!! And with, Jeter gone who will step up? Rough times ahead I am afraid.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, where do our beloved, Yanks go from here? Sure would be nice to have some kids in the farm to look forward to, but we don't and the "Free Agent" market is not so bright. I can't believe I am saying this, but we need offense!!! Chemistry!!! And with, Jeter gone who will step up? Rough times ahead I am afraid.
    Maybe. Still, it's like New Year's Day: for the first time in a long time, almost impossible to know how it will go, but almost anything is possible.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe. Still, it's like New Year's Day: for the first time in a long time, almost impossible to know how it will go, but almost anything is possible.

From your lips to Gods' ear!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default GO YANKEES, GO!!!!

Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bill, that's for you.

Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill I'm actually thinking that McCann will eventually emerge as the Dugout Leader! Really! He did have a rough start but finished strong. As to next season, They should snag the Cuban sensation (power corner fielder) letting Beltran do most of the DHing, re-sign McCarthy as their #4 or #5 pitcher, give Robertson a contract - don't want to give him up! Say good by to Ichiro thou he has been good for them. Re-sign Headley - if A-Rod (remains to be seen) is back at third Headley can back him up at 3rd and he can back Tex up at First! SS - ??? There are a few great ones coming on the market but are they going to be worth the $$$ it will take to snag them? Scherzer - the $$$$ may just be too too much to snag him. Lester???????

Starting Pitching - Tanaka, Nova, Pineida, McCarthy, ????

Just my humble opinion!

Let's go Giants!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

If on the off chance that there is a beltway/parkway Series - O's v. Nats I'll get re interested in baseball - I'm an AL fan but think I'd root for the Nats if this was the case!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post

Thanks, Moshe

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Bill I'm actually thinking that McCann will eventually emerge as the Dugout Leader! Really! He did have a rough start but finished strong. As to next season, They should snag the Cuban sensation (power corner fielder) letting Beltran do most of the DHing, re-sign McCarthy as their #4 or #5 pitcher, give Robertson a contract - don't want to give him up! Say good by to Ichiro thou he has been good for them. Re-sign Headley - if A-Rod (remains to be seen) is back at third Headley can back him up at 3rd and he can back Tex up at First! SS - ??? There are a few great ones coming on the market but are they going to be worth the $$$ it will take to snag them? Scherzer - the $$$$ may just be too too much to snag him. Lester???????

Starting Pitching - Tanaka, Nova, Pineida, McCarthy, ????

Just my humble opinion!

Let's go Giants!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

If on the off chance that there is a beltway/parkway Series - O's v. Nats I'll get re interested in baseball - I'm an AL fan but think I'd root for the Nats if this was the case!!!!!
    Nova, doesn't return until May/June and you forgot C.C. Capuano may be worth keeping depending on the $$$ J.J. Hardy is a FA this year, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hm how'd I forget CC! LOL.

Yes JJ Hardy is a FA; So is Hanley Ramirez!

Did you see Jeter on the Tonight Show last night - pretty good!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, I'm still dealing with, Jeter and the way the Yanks ended this season. Talk to me in, November!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And we have another fan.....

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Or we just know the truth when we see it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Or we just know the truth when we see it.
    Hey, I wanted to thank you for stopping by the playoff's this year!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast