Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I intended assholes in the most congenial way.
    Oh, sorry for being a bit testy. You never can tell in posts. Carry on.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL Okay you bastard, Son of a bitch, Asshole. Point well taken!!!

Shit, we really blew a chance to pick up a game today. AND on "Old Timer's Day"!!! Those Sons of bitches!!! LOL I mean they had "Yogi" in the house and Goose got a plaque!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Old Timers Day, always gets me a bit emotional. The Yanks, are the only team that does it, and for good reason. In many ways they are the only team that can. "Goose" got a plaque in monument park, as did, Tino. Paul, in August!!! Just goes to show that once you put on the pinstripes, you never take them off.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are going to run out of space in Monument Park. They are going to have to retire the numbers of Jeter, Mo and Pettitte at some point. I think you can make a case that you have to retire Posada's number as well. Then there is the forgotten man - Bernie Williams. I think he too deserves to have his number retired. At the very least, Bernie and Jorge will get plaques.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They are going to run out of space in Monument Park. They are going to have to retire the numbers of Jeter, Mo and Pettitte at some point. I think you can make a case that you have to retire Posada's number as well. Then there is the forgotten man - Bernie Williams. I think he too deserves to have his number retired. At the very least, Bernie and Jorge will get plaques.
    I'd be happy to see Williams' number retired before Pettitte's. Call me too old-school but he cheated. He may have done it with different motivation but I don't see much of a difference between getting an advantage on the field or getting an advantage recovering from an injury. He's far from Clemens, but he broke the rules. I don't discount Pettitte's contribution to the Yankees, nor do I think his accomplishments can be written off like many of the other steroid users. I do believe he only did it once to recover from an injury, but he did it. I'm sure his number will be retired and I do believe it should, but of those Yankees teams, he should be the last to be memorialized.
    "Nothing surprises me anymore." - Walt Longmire

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I believe that if, George were still alive niether of the weekends inductee's would have made it. Neither was a "Real", long term "Yankee". Much as I love and fondly recall "Goose" he only played for the Yanks for 7 seasons. Tino, even less, although their contributions to Yankee lore are undisputed. O'Niel, goes into the Monument Park in August and even he is a little questionable, but again once he put on the pinstripes well, there is no doubt a transformation. Jeter (HOF), Mo (HOF) Posada, and Pettite (Despite his transgression) are died in the wool "Yankees" and go into Monument park regardless.

It's a very tough call IMHO. Should, Reggie have his number retired? he only played a few seasons, but man, were they the shit or what? I do like the slight distinction that most get plaques and "monuments" are reserved. Mo and Jeter get "Monuments", IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We're crushing Whitley right now.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was scared with that game after it was tied up until Reyes hit that double and had Melky/Lind/Edwin to bat him in, then the bunt with the throwing error happens. Woo, we need to sweep to neutralizer getting swept in the bronx....and I hope the O's lose tonight and we extend our division lead a little more.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hijacking the thread.

TIM LINCECUM NO HITTER!
    Giants (and A's) #1, Yankees #6.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    TIM LINCECUM NO HITTER!
    This was nice to see tonight. Lincecum takes a lot of crap for not being as consistently good as he was a few years ago but tonight shows that when he's on, he's still one of the best there is.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Friggin' Baltimore coming back with that grandslam with 2 out in the bottom of the eighth, would have liked to maintain a 2.5 game cushion but it's down to 2. Was a tough game last night, it was a game we easily could have won to clinch the sweep and neutralize our series with you guys last week.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a Jays fan (OW!! Hey!? Who threw that?) I'm sad we couldn't return the favour and get the sweep. Such is life though. Good Game

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boston Sucks!!!!!

Let's get it going guys!!! Sweep, Boston and then let's get the fire back in the team!! We need somebody to go to town on a water cooler or something!! Where's the fire? It's Jeets' last year!! Do some damage boys from the Bronx!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, get dem, Sux!!!! Two more to go!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

It's time to address the pitching situation today. Not "by the deadline" a month from now, but today. I'm not content to hope the bats wake up consistently. With the speed of Gardner and Ellsbury and the batting skills of Jeter and Ichiro the Yankees can manufacture runs with or without hoping McCann, Beltran and Teixiera all get it going at the same time.

I've had enough of the decades long AL East mindset of "first one to 11 wins." The Yankees have the talent to win 3-2 games, but not the pitching to keep them 3-2 games. Unless they address that soon, this will be a long and unpleasant summer and a very short fall.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Stefanos View Post
    It's time to address the pitching situation today. Not "by the deadline" a month from now, but today. I'm not content to hope the bats wake up consistently. With the speed of Gardner and Ellsbury and the batting skills of Jeter and Ichiro the Yankees can manufacture runs with or without hoping McCann, Beltran and Teixiera all get it going at the same time.

I've had enough of the decades long AL East mindset of "first one to 11 wins." The Yankees have the talent to win 3-2 games, but not the pitching to keep them 3-2 games. Unless they address that soon, this will be a long and unpleasant summer and a very short fall.
    You are absolutely right, but what the hell is really out there? We really can't afford to lose and do not have the farm talent for a trade. Yes, this season has turned into a mess, but the same guys you mentioned are just not performing up to par. Tex, Beltran and McCann have been woeful. Soriano has not had enough at bats to get him going. It's just turning out to be a very sad season, especially considering its, Jeets' last.

This team has no "fire". It's always "tomorrow we'll get 'em" it seems. I reiterate, somebody needs to whack someone behind the head and get them to wake up!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You are absolutely right, but what the hell is really out there?
    There are several pitchers on teams that may be looking to sell that could be put to good use in pinstripes.

Jeff Samardzija (CHC)
    Jason Hammel (CHC)
    Jorge De La Rosa (COL)
    Brandon McCarthy (ARZ)
    Ian Kennedy* (SD)
    Dillon Gee (NYM)
    Jonathon Niese (NYM)

*Remember him Yankee fans? Kennedy was a Yankees first round pick in 2006 and part of the trade that brought Granderson to NY.

This team has no "fire". It's always "tomorrow we'll get 'em" it seems. I reiterate, somebody needs to whack someone behind the head and get them to wake up!!
    I don't think they're a pep-talk away from righting the ship. We're at the halfway mark of the season, if Girardi was going to turn things around with his words he'd have done it before now. It's Cashman's move now.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Since our hotstreak we've had some ups and down but we've just added another team to our sweep list and for the second time this season we've swept the best team in baseball. EAT IT MILWUAKE!!! Edwin just walked you off. Now we're back to Oakland for the first time since sweeping them, gotta win this series too.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since our hotstreak we've had some ups and down but we've just added another team to our sweep list and for the second time this season we've swept the best team in baseball. EAT IT MILWUAKE!!! Edwin just walked you off. Now we're back to Oakland for the first time since sweeping them, gotta win this series too.

Nevermind me, Matts. I'm experiencing clinical depression right now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Alfredo Aceves has been suspended fifty games for violating the substance abuse policy. He was not suspended for PEDs but for "drugs of abuse" which typically means marijuana or cocaine.

What makes this story interesting is that Aceves received the suspension because, as Yankees fans recall, he is in the minors because he is not performing well. MLB does not suspend for failed drug tests for recreational drugs, only PEDs.

So the moral here kiddos is that if you are baseball player and you want to use recreational drugs try not to suck at baseball.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else watching the game today against the Twins?

I know it'a an annual thing that all of MLB does but I cannot stand the commemorative Independence Day ball caps all the teams are wearing. The Yankees should never have to wear a red cap and especially not on Steinbrenner's birthday.

Why can't they wear the normal blue cap with the special flag-decorated logo? I don't like seeing the Yanks in anything remotely resembling a Red Sox cap. Screw patriotism. Baseball is as American as it gets already.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You and I are on the same page. This is almost word for word the rant I give my Dad every time the Yankees wear a hat different than the normal interlocking NY. I also can't understand why they can't wear a little patch to honor the day. It would also look nicer. The logo the teams are wearing is so busy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You and I are on the same page. This is almost word for word the rant I give my Dad every time the Yankees wear a hat different than the normal interlocking NY. I also can't understand why they can't wear a little patch to honor the day. It would also look nicer. The logo the teams are wearing is so busy.
    I obviously feel most strongly about the Yankees, but it makes me pretty unhappy with teams like the Cubs too. Pretty much any team that hasn't had much revision to their uniforms in the last 100 years should be protected from wearing something radically different. I know this applies to the Red Sox too but fuck the Red Sox.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

The Cubs just traded both Samarzidja and Hammell to the A's. Incidentally, this makes Samarzidja the best wide receiver in Oakland (take that Raiders fans).

Cashman needs to get on his phone tonight and make something happen before the run on other pitchers begins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast