Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 913 of 971 FirstFirst ... 413 813 863 903 911 912 913 914 915 923 963 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,825 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Beautiful day for wine tasting at Justin Winery.

Looks like a great time. And Justin make a nice drop.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

More King-related Folio Society "news" that isn't truly news and is even more uncertain than my previous posts about The Stand (which was not to be, at least not yet) and Misery (which was to be): FS announced that The Dark Tower (they didn't specify the series or just The Gunslinger to start) was "one of the winning fantasy suggestions" in a recent FS survey, adding "keep an eye out for these as future releases."

I'm not interested in owning more copies of DT, but I still hope FS steers clear of artist Edward Kinsella with this.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I will apologize in advance and I know I said I was finished with the subject, but I'll be damned if it is still not knawing at me. Brian, I don't like you and I'm sure you feel the same. However, I just don't understand why you would goout of your way to make such statements regarding a plea for "Good Thoughts/Mojo" to a family man who is in distinct danger. I didn't mention he was a Jew or ask for any consideration in that vein. He was a member in good standing, and still is I believe even though he is not as active as in the past. I don't see how his member status impacts good will. Also, he is not a political person, he's just trying to raise a family in a hostile part of the world and was understandably scared out of his wits and reaching out for support thru an email to me which, I chose to pass on to those who might offer support and good thoughts.

Obviously, you have strong political considerations and opinions and I respect that, but if were you in a similar situation I would offer my good thoughts and hopes for you and your family regardless of my personal feelings. Because that's what we do for those we interact with and spend time online with. We try to support each otgher and offer solace. At least that is my approach anyway. I hope you are never in a similar situation as I do not wish that on my gravest enemies. I apologize for calling you a "Dick". It was a knee jerk response and I should be better than that. Perhaps, you can show some concern for a fellow member/human being reagardless of political issues. If not, maybe in the future you could just let it go. No political statement was being made and I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

Well, thank TPTB I got that off my chest!!! LOL I feel much better. FWIW, Mo and his family are presently alright, but the violence continues. I cou;dn't even imagine being in a similar situation. I for one, hope he and his family remain well, safe and healthy through these troubling times. Maybe you could find it within yourself to do the same or at least remain silent. IDK what the best course of action is in this case.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I got my catalytic converter stolen last night. Plus it appears they sliced through the exhaust manifold to get it. I didn't have anything that I needed to do or anything. Rental car couldn't get one for me until next Tuesday, (though they magically found a car for me to use tomorrow. Glad that I put rental coverage on insurance last year, since I've now had to use it twice.

So now I get to have it repaired and cross my fingers that it doesn't get hacked off again. Fun.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Well, I got my catalytic converter stolen last night. Plus it appears they sliced through the exhaust manifold to get it.
    How oddly specific. Do you have a distinctive car with a large market for parts?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a Honda CR-V, like millions of others on the road. People are stealing catalytic converters because of the rare earth metals that are in them, I think. They aren't stealing them as a car part, it gets broken down to it's various components. It's become a real problem in Dallas and other cities.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a Honda CR-V, like millions of others on the road. People are stealing catalytic converters because of the rare earth metals that are in them, I think. They aren't stealing them as a car part, it gets broken down to it's various components. It's become a real problem in Dallas and other cities.
    People Suck.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles, Seth. Man, George is right, people can suck!!!

At the risk of incurring member wrath here, my former business partner who is a cancer survivor is sponsoring a Facebook Fundraiser for the "American Cancer Society". I don't know how to link that here, but I would suppose it is the money that counts, right? So, if you are able, please make a donation to the "American Cancer Society" and help fight this horrible disease. If you would like to make a reference my former partner's name is, Robert Ritter but, it's not necessary to make contributions in his name.

I'd venture to say that a sizable contingent of our members and/or member families here have been affected by this disease or know someone who has. So, if you are in a position to help out, please do for the benefit of everyone.

It's a very good cause and is bound to benefit someone you know or love in the past, present or, future!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

There's an indescribable feeling of rage you get when looking for a new home and you offer 45k above asking price and dont get it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Well, I got my catalytic converter stolen last night. Plus it appears they sliced through the exhaust manifold to get it.
    How oddly specific. Do you have a distinctive car with a large market for parts?
    Yep, it's a very common theft and has been for many years. People have come up with some pretty interesting ways to try and prevent it.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Day 17 today of isolation. I’m out Thursday... I’ll say it again there will be a real spinoff of mental illness due to this whole thing. I found this very hard to do I cannot wait to get out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Day 17 today of isolation. I’m out Thursday... I’ll say it again there will be a real spinoff of mental illness due to this whole thing. I found this very hard to do I cannot wait to get out.
    Glad you are getting out Kris. And you are right. This is causing mental strain on a lot of people.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Try to hit the post office when you go out and stay safe, my friend.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The freedom will be worth the wait. I hope your wife had no ill effects.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had some home speakers that do not work anymore.
    A few weeks ago I decided that, given that they were stored in the garage and taking space, I would put them for sale on ebay in case someone may want to try to repair them. Making sure to explicitly say that they do not work and that someone should only buy them for parts.

Someone in France bought them, recieved them and now complains that they do not work and that "it wasn't written" in the page.

I would be nice I would make him an offer to reimburse some of it, but something to take into account in my opinion : his delivery address is a garage. So a repair place. To me he bought it, wants to see if he can repair it but also wants to get his money back.
    So I am thinking "No! Tough shit". It WAS written. Both in the condition AND the description. Anyone wants to give me their opinion of my ebay page?
    Here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/274718999357

Out of curiosity, do you think that ebay / paypal can give him rights and reimburse him taking in my paypal money?
    I am an ebay since 2005 and my profile has 100%
    The buyer has been registered on ebay since 2017 and has 3 positives notes, but no evaluation.

Am I a bit harsh? Do you think I am right? Wrong?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    A few weeks ago I decided that, given that they were stored in the garage and taking space, I would put them for sale on ebay in case someone may want to try to repair them. Making sure to explicitly say that they do not work and that someone should only buy them for parts.

Someone in France bought them, recieved them and now complains that they do not work and that "it wasn't written" in the page.

I would be nice I would make him an offer to reimburse some of it, but something to take into account in my opinion : his delivery address is a garage. So a repair place. To me he bought it, wants to see if he can repair it but also wants to get his money back.
    So I am thinking "No! Tough shit". It WAS written. Both in the condition AND the description. Anyone wants to give me their opinion of my ebay page?

Out of curiosity, do you think that ebay / paypal can give him rights and reimburse him taking in my paypal money?
    The buyer has been registered on ebay since 2017 and has 3 positives notes, but no evaluation.

I don't think you owe them anything. It clearly says they they don't work and for parts only. They obviously didn't read the description because it's the first line. They messed up and are trying to get you to pay for their mistake.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the French equivalent to "pound sand"? At best they've been negligent, at worst they're being deliberately conniving. Either way they don't deserve a refund.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

What's the French equivalent to "pound sand"? At best they've been negligent, at worst they're being deliberately conniving. Either way they don't deserve a refund.
    Never heard that expression before. And in all honnesty, even the urban dictionnary do not really help me understanding it besides it seems to go with my "tought shit"?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Never heard that expression before. And in all honnesty, even the urban dictionnary do not really help me understanding it besides it seems to go with my "tought shit"?
    Tough shit is pretty much it. Pounding sand is a futile exercise that will exhaust you, and the sand doesn't care. I figured there might be an elegant French variant that didn't require actually saying 'merde'.

Total side-note that I googled 'merde' to double-check my spelling and amongst the hits was a 'masteryourfrench' entry saying 'merde' is commonly used to wish good luck!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY : the covid vaccination is finally opened to everybody other 18, so I managed to get an appointment early next week for the first Pfizer shot.
    Second shot planned mid-july.

Maybe the summer won't be totally shite after all. Maybe we'll able to have some sort of "real" holidays after all

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's crazy France is so far behind. I received my shots in March.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, J!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed in some ways. I guess we had less money invested in vaccines in Europe. But also, I don't think that you and I are really comparable as I think that you are a couple of years younger than me

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed in some ways. I guess we had less money invested in vaccines in Europe. But also, I don't think that you and I are really comparable as I think that you are a couple of years younger than me

Jesus, you must be old as dirt!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Jesus, you must be old as dirt!
    As old as Methuselah...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 913 of 971 FirstFirst ... 413 813 863 903 911 912 913 914 915 923 963 ... LastLast