Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 833 of 972 FirstFirst ... 333 733 783 823 831 832 833 834 835 843 883 933 ... LastLast
Results 20,801 to 20,825 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "The Biden Plan" (?) doesn't seem to me to include any actions not being implemented and in process today with the possible exception that his plans may not be met with the same liberal opposition, Trump's have encountered. IMHO Whatever you may think of Trump, Biden is NOT the answer that is for sure.

Go ahead have at it folks. Tear me apart as usual. You know most of you really make me laugh. You're long on criticisms, but woefully short on answers. No President in history has ever been faced with a pandemic crisis before. It's uncharted territory (That perhaps should have been planned for in advance by not just a few of the previous administrations) and therefore, the current administration is moving forward without the benefit of any playbook. Biden's "Plan" is different only in that he calls for more money to be spent than we have to spend. Odds are he will forget the "Plan" anyway a week into his administration anyway. lol
    I'd just like to fact check the bold part above this as incorrect. There have been multiple presidents who dealt with pandemics. The pandemic brought up the most it seems is the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic. I don't give a rat's ass about politics.
    The previous POTUS dealt with the h1n1 out break pretty well.
    No where near the current pandemic. Now you're just reaching. But let's just move on for the sake of the thread.

Why aren't the paid for sports channels at least re-broadcasting prior year baseball, basketball etc games/contests? Seem to be a no brainer especially since they continue to charge for the channels, but there is no content.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    "The Biden Plan" (?) doesn't seem to me to include any actions not being implemented and in process today with the possible exception that his plans may not be met with the same liberal opposition, Trump's have encountered. IMHO Whatever you may think of Trump, Biden is NOT the answer that is for sure.

Go ahead have at it folks. Tear me apart as usual. You know most of you really make me laugh. You're long on criticisms, but woefully short on answers. No President in history has ever been faced with a pandemic crisis before. It's uncharted territory (That perhaps should have been planned for in advance by not just a few of the previous administrations) and therefore, the current administration is moving forward without the benefit of any playbook. Biden's "Plan" is different only in that he calls for more money to be spent than we have to spend. Odds are he will forget the "Plan" anyway a week into his administration anyway. lol
    I'd just like to fact check the bold part above this as incorrect. There have been multiple presidents who dealt with pandemics. The pandemic brought up the most it seems is the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic. I don't give a rat's ass about politics.
    The previous POTUS dealt with the h1n1 out break pretty well.
    No where near the current pandemic.
    Amazing what happens when the people in charge react early and appropriately isnt it?

Why aren't the paid for sports channels at least re-broadcasting prior year baseball, basketball etc games/contests? Seem to be a no brainer especially since they continue to charge for the channels, but there is no content.
    They are on Comcast sports Chicago. ESPN has been playing a list of the "greatest" baseball games pretty much daily. Or at leastthe ones they have rights to I guess.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Ever notice there have never been any female breakfast cereal mascots? Even Fruity Pebbles used Pebbles name but she didn't make it on the box....
    There have been smaller produced cereals though... Strawberry Shortcake and The Powerpuff Girls have both been featured on boxes.
    I swear Rainbow Brite had a cereal at one time...
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's Play On Fest lineup looks pretty good to me!

DAY THREE
    SUNDAY, APRIL 26
    All Times In EST

12:00 PM Ben Platt
    12:05 PM Kaleo
    1:00 PM The Head & The Heart
    2:00 PM Gary Clark Jr.
    3:00 PM Brandi Carlile
    4:00 PM Fitz & The Tantrums
    4:30 PM Wallows
    5:15 PM Paramore
    6:15 PM Panic! At The Disco
    7:45 PM Green Day
    8:30 PM Twenty One Pilots
    10:00 PM Slipknot
    11:30 PM Korn

MONDAY, APRIL 27
    All Times In EST

12:20 AM Disturbed

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, is Kim Jong-un still alive or as rumors mentions since yesterday, he may have passed away during a surgery?

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pebbles remained steadfast in her refusal to appear on the box until Post met her demand to add marshmallows.

https://images.app.goo.gl/WaqyQsZsMQHPHNwr8
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quit paying for that crap, Old Timer and watch this little thing call YouTube. You can search for what you want to watch and everything! All the cool kids are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So, is Kim Jong-un still alive or as rumors mentions since yesterday, he may have passed away during a surgery?

Thanks, Jeremy! You win my Best Laugh of the Week award.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have traveled to Lexington KY to be with my Dad, as hospice said it was time for the family to come in to say good bye. Fortunately upon seeing us he is better then before. They found a Kennedy Terminal Ulcer on his bottom over a week ago, but its getting better, so wondering if it was misdiagnosed.

At any rate a few hours ago, my security alarm went off, appears the door from the garage was opened. (but the garage door itself was closed). I forgot to lock that door (I only lock it when I go out of town). It was left open (causing another alarm). Camera's never showed anyone actually entering the house (until the police arrived to investigate). So I think either someone took off as soon as they heard the security alarm going off, or maybe somehow I didn't close the door completely the last time and there was a strong gust that was able to open the door far enought to set off the alarm. Please said they didn't see any evidence of burglary, but who knows how long until I go home to check out for sure. Now that the police are gone, all doors are now locked. I'm about 95% sure noone entered the house, but maybe they were able to get stuff from the garage (but other then my car, not much worth stealing).

Such stress full times!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a lot, Mike. Wishing you the best.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if you folks saw "60 minutes" last night or if you have also read or seen some of the following Sci-Fi features, but cumulatively watching shows on 60 mins over the last 4-5 mos, it struck me how again Sci-Fi can and is a prble to predict and/or influence the future. A couple of fictional pieces that come to mind are "Westworld", "Terminator" and particularly "The Foundation Trilogy (TFT) by Issac Asimov". All three deal with "AI" taking a prominent place in humanity, being responsible for shaping it or destroying it. TFT didn't feature "AI" as prominently, but did predict the use of mathematics and algorithms applied to the entirety of the human race in a sociological setting to predict the future. It should probably be taken into account that TFT was written and published some 70+ years ago.

"60 Mins" shows have featured segments on AI applications in a myriad of business venues but what prompted this post was the segment broadcast last night on the AI system developed to track and predict outbreaks throughout the globe. I found it to be an amazing piece as it used air travel as a basis for predicting the path of influence of an outbreak or a likely path of a disease. Additionally, with the download of different sets of data it could actually predict when and where an outbreak might be likely to originate. My mind works in mysterious ways, but together with some of the past features such as AI driving cars, automating factories and another piece featured last night on watches that alerted the wearer of his/her proximity to other workers and whose data, if a Covid positive is found, could be DL'ed to determine the probable sphere of influence of the positive person.

IDK, all this may seem like a deranged ramble but in my muddled mind it all cumulatively seems indicative of some of the scenario's contemplated in the aforementioned fictional works. Future's where the actions and therefore predictions for the future of the human race can be tracked and then shaped. A future where a "Cyberdyne Ind" becomes "self aware" and acts accordingly. Anyway, just something that occurred to me and I thought might be food for a discussion in the thread.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quit paying for that crap, Old Timer and watch this little thing call YouTube. You can search for what you want to watch and everything! All the cool kids are doing it.
    I was more concerned with the fact that we are forced to continue paying for these channels/subscriptions while no worthwhile content is being delivered. I asked about it and was actually surprised to be threatened with not being able to renew my subscriptions should I cancel them now. I'm in a bit of a different situation as well in that my subscriptions are at "grandfathered" rates. If I were to cancel and renew I'd lose the rate. Whole thing is totally unfair. IMHO

Belive it or not, but I am aware of "Youtube" and its many advantages, utilizing it often!!!! So would that make me a "cool kid"? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I was more concerned with the fact that we are forced to continue paying for these channels/subscriptions while no worthwhile content is being delivered. I asked about it and was actually surprised to be threatened with not being able to renew my subscriptions should I cancel them now. I'm in a bit of a different situation as well in that my subscriptions are at "grandfathered" rates. If I were to cancel and renew I'd lose the rate. Whole thing is totally unfair. IMHO

Belive it or not, but I am aware of "Youtube" and its many advantages, utilizing it often!!!! So would that make me a "cool kid"? lol
    I hear ya. I wouldn't want to lose grandfathered pricing as well. I'm not in that camp so I have no problem canceling services until a show returns that I like. If I was threatened that I couldn't renew, I simply wouldn't return. My experience has been quite the opposite as I get 50 million emails asking me to return. Often at a reduced rate for a limited time. Then you can wait for the series/season to conclude, binge it or watch it over several days, and simply cancel again.

And yes, you can sit at the cool kid's table now

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear ya. I wouldn't want to lose grandfathered pricing as well. I'm not in that camp so I have no problem canceling services until a show returns that I like. If I was threatened that I couldn't renew, I simply wouldn't return. My experience has been quite the opposite as I get 50 million emails asking me to return. Often at a reduced rate for a limited time. Then you can wait for the series/season to conclude, binge it or watch it over several days, and simply cancel again.

And yes, you can sit at the cool kid's table now
    For the record it's AT&T fucking bastards!!!!!

It's a shame too cause Directv used to be the absolute BEST!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking cocksuckers in my county, and most other SF Bay area counties extended shelter in place rules for 5 more weeks.
    We have one of the flattest curves in the 🇺🇸, in fact, there never was a curve, but at some point restaurants and other small businesses have to reopen.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Four more weeks to go in Milwaukee. Even so, Summer 2020 has effectively been cancelled anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

For the record it's AT&T fucking bastards!!!!! It's a shame too cause Directv used to be the absolute BEST!!!
    I have that too and will probably cut the cord completely once the contract is up next year. My in-laws seem pretty happy with the service that YouTube provides. I think it's $50 a month. Not sure if premium channels are offered through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Fucking cocksuckers in my county, and most other SF Bay area counties extended shelter in place rules for 5 more weeks.
    We have one of the flattest curves in the 🇺🇸, in fact, there never was a curve, but at some point restaurants and other small businesses have to reopen.
    That's unfortunate. This hardship will affect a lot of folks for a long time. No official word from my county yet but I can see them extending it til at least June 1. We do have a curve here so probably for the best.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I "feel" for everyone that is sheltering in place (I am one of those), my GUESS is CT will continue "as is" for a while....I try to realize that better to be overcautious than not.....life will NOT go back to what it was.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's ridiculous. Where is the science to support these continued extreme measures and the significant hardships that they are imposing on families and small businesses?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can do it!!

The people who made the decision to extend the shelter-in-place order are the same people who have made all of the good decisions that so far have kept CA at ~10% of the deaths of, say, New York (density matters, of course, but isn't the whole ball game; after NY and NJ, CA has the next highest concentration of dense cities in the US). That you don't have a "curve" is a testament to the fact that they are doing well and that you should listen to them!

Appalachia and the South are likely on track to get right fucked in the upcoming weeks and months, and lots of states are not doing as well as CA, so the next step will be trying to prevent people from other parts of the country from consistently re-infecting the West Coast (WA is also doing relatively well, despite harboring the initial epicenter of the pandemic).

Don't be the patient that stops taking their meds because they're feeling better! Ride out the rest of the prescription - the upset stomach from the antibiotics is not as bad as the looming resistant infection...

EDIT to add:

That's unfortunate. This hardship will affect a lot of folks for a long time. No official word from my county yet but I can see them extending it til at least June 1. We do have a curve here so probably for the best.
    It genuinely warms my heart to read this from you

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sheltered in place for almost 10 years. Okay, so I came out the other end a little twisted, but you’ll be fine hoss.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Appalachia and the South are likely on track to get right fucked in the upcoming weeks and months,
    And that would include me. Our economy is opening soon and it's also tornado season, apparently (gets earlier and earlier every year).

Even if we were sheltered in place, a twister could come and knock us right into next Thursday, fun days ahead....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's a quote from a seller offering a Harlan Ellison item on E-Bay now:

Harlan has made very clear that he does not intend to attend any more such public events - opportunities for him to sign personally in the future are liable to be extremely limited.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Harlan has made very clear that he does not intend to attend any more such public events - opportunities for him to sign personally in the future are liable to be extremely limited.
    Haha! Extremely limited indeed.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

The odds are not good.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

The odds are not good.
    Oliver Stones' U-Turn

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 833 of 972 FirstFirst ... 333 733 783 823 831 832 833 834 835 843 883 933 ... LastLast