Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 832 of 972 FirstFirst ... 332 732 782 822 830 831 832 833 834 842 882 932 ... LastLast
Results 20,776 to 20,800 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    so... just curious.... how is Biden helping out with this tragedy? Has he said what action he would be taking as President?

Does he even remember what office he is running for and who he is married too today?

and when did this turn into the political thread anyway.... you know, the one I have specifically done my best to avoid for the past two years because of all the nasty bickering in there?
    The Biden Plan to Combat Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Prepare for Future Global Health Threats

Do you really want to bring up Biden's marriage and mental health compared to Trump? I don't think that you do.

Random threads are random. No one is forcing you to respond to a thing.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Ever notice there have never been any female breakfast cereal mascots? Even Fruity Pebbles used Pebbles name but she didn't make it on the box....

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    so... just curious.... how is Biden helping out with this tragedy? Has he said what action he would be taking as President?

Does he even remember what office he is running for and who he is married too today?

and when did this turn into the political thread anyway.... you know, the one I have specifically done my best to avoid for the past two years because of all the nasty bickering in there?
    The Biden Plan to Combat Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Prepare for Future Global Health Threats

Do you really want to bring up Biden's marriage and mental health compared to Trump? I don't think that you do.
    actually... while I could. I don't want to - that's why I stay out of the political thread. I was hoping Calvin's Corner- where the collectors hang - would stay away from the political crapola... guess not.
    It's a shame I can't come HERE- to Calvin's Corner.... without hearing the crap I hear on Facebook.

Been a member of the site since it was formed... was a member of the predecessor DT.net since the 90's... but given the political bashing and shaming... just might be time to resign from here permanently.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Would it help to point out that he was asking if something analogous to disinfectant could be developed for injection?

Nah; it wouldn't help.
    Na, it wouldnt help.
    Because if Obama had said that, people (including T) would have lost their shit. Just like when he wore the "wrong" color of suit.
    But then, O had some common sense and wouldnt say half of the stupid things he says...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Spoiler

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    just saying... lot of false shit being slung... I watch the news conference...and at no time did Trump mention injecting or swallowing Clorox or Lysol... the media heads are the ones that suggested that- and it's been mimicked by every single lib out there. Trump did mention exploring the possibility of injecting some kind of "disinfectant" - but that he was not a doctor and that would be for medical people to look into.

That said... Iodine is indeed a disinfectant. Has been used throughout medical history as one.
    It is also been used for decades medically as an injection.
    I saw the press conference too. So lying about what he said won't work here. People have already died by doing dumb shit that the Donald suggested. The man is a menace.

here is the clip....please... please...point out where he instructs or suggests to anyone at all... to inject alcohol, lysol, clorox. bleach? it was the liberal media that made that leap in logic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtgV...eAuU3S2fJ9KrcQ
    “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?” Trump said. “Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So you’re going to have to use medical doctors with — but it sounds interesting to me.”
    Where in that quote does he advocate injecting bleach, etc. into your body? He asked a question: “is there a way?“
    He is discussing surface disinfectants and suggesting they be used as "cleaning" agents or injections inside the body, specifically the lungs. Did he really need to name a brand?

Objecting to reports of Trump's statement simply because he didn't name a brand name is a strawman fallacy. He suggested using surface disinfectant, e.g., Lysol, bleach, ammonia, alcohol, etc., inside the human body. Quibbling about the brand sounds desperate. Especially now that he has disavowed his statements as sarcasm.

Terry's example of iodine is a false equivalency.

Trump used a COVID-19 press conference to make stupid suggestions and ask stupid questions, and you don't have a problem with that. Protocol is to ask the questions at the meeting prior to the press conference, then present the conclusions at the press conference. That way you don't look stupid.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would it be possible to write a bot to sweep posts on this thread for 'Trump', 'Biden', 'Pence', and 'Obama' and push those posts to a different thread? Asking for a friend.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

I think Trump was referring to the Iodine Terry posted in thread #20763.
    I didn’t hear Trump say “surface” disinfectant, only disinfectant. Who added the word “surface”.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    I think Trump was referring to the Iodine Terry posted in thread #20763.
    I didn’t hear Trump say “surface” disinfectant, only disinfectant. Who added the word “surface”.
    The word disinfectant is used for inert surface disinfectants. There are disinfectants that advertise being effective in one minute.

The word antiseptic is used for antibiotic agents used on skin or living tissue.

A plain reading of Trump's statement is that he was referring to disinfectant being potentially used as an antiseptic.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think most everyone has said their piece here. Can we please return to Random Comments, and continue the political debate in the appropriate thread? Thanks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Random threads are random. No one is forcing you to respond to a thing.
    "The Biden Plan" (?) doesn't seem to me to include any actions not being implemented and in process today with the possible exception that his plans may not be met with the same liberal opposition, Trump's have encountered. IMHO Whatever you may think of Trump, Biden is NOT the answer that is for sure.

Go ahead have at it folks. Tear me apart as usual. You know most of you really make me laugh. You're long on criticisms, but woefully short on answers. No President in history has ever been faced with a pandemic crisis before. It's uncharted territory (That perhaps should have been planned for in advance by not just a few of the previous administrations) and therefore, the current administration is moving forward without the benefit of any playbook. Biden's "Plan" is different only in that he calls for more money to be spent than we have to spend. Odds are he will forget the "Plan" anyway a week into his administration anyway. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Would it be possible to write a bot to sweep posts on this thread for 'Trump', 'Biden', 'Pence', and 'Obama' and push those posts to a different thread? Asking for a friend.
    Why?
    I understand that people may not want any political subject. But this thread is about "random comments", and that means that anybody can talk and bitch about anything on their mind, no?

But then, I agree that we dont always have to talk about a subject for 50 pages, and can accept to move on. As Jerome suggested?

PS : King bashed Trump a few more times in "If It Bleeds"
    (That last part do not require any reply. Just thought that it was relevant)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Why?
    I understand that people may not want any political subject. But this thread is about "random comments", and that means that anybody can talk and bitch about anything on their mind, no?

But then, I agree that we dont always have to talk about a subject for 50 pages, and can accept to move on. As Jerome suggested?

Maybe just add 1 word to the title of a separate thread "Random Political Thoughts or comments" or maybe "Random thoughts or comments about Current events"? Just a thought based on the previous posts.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the press conference too. So lying about what he said won't work here. People have already died by doing dumb shit that the Donald suggested. The man is a menace.
    I call that Darwinism. If you do stupid shit that stupid people tell you to do. Well, there ya go.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I try VERY hard not to get political outside of my immediate family....I set up this thread years ago....it was meant for anything on one's mind....I would NOT want to change title....Let the moderators "move" people along if topic gets stuck...that is my input.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This didn't need to get political. This was ball busting a guy who's known for putting his foot in his mouth every time he opens his it. He has ALWAYS done this, even before he got into politics. No one's personal values and political beliefs were attacked or questioned.

When did people lose their sense of humor? We all collectively laughed at this buffoon (u fayd!) regardless of political affiliation and now we're defending hE dId9t SaY BleAach, a "joke" he himself tried to walk back hence making it a non-issue.

The whole thing is stupid. From my perspective at least, it was Oops, he did it again thing, not a let's yell at each other thing.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Good points. Sadly though, much of what has happened to society over the past several weeks has been “who can we blame for all of this”. Rather than looking out for others, there are a lot of people who would just rather complain.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    "The Biden Plan" (?) doesn't seem to me to include any actions not being implemented and in process today with the possible exception that his plans may not be met with the same liberal opposition, Trump's have encountered. IMHO Whatever you may think of Trump, Biden is NOT the answer that is for sure.

Go ahead have at it folks. Tear me apart as usual. You know most of you really make me laugh. You're long on criticisms, but woefully short on answers. No President in history has ever been faced with a pandemic crisis before. It's uncharted territory (That perhaps should have been planned for in advance by not just a few of the previous administrations) and therefore, the current administration is moving forward without the benefit of any playbook. Biden's "Plan" is different only in that he calls for more money to be spent than we have to spend. Odds are he will forget the "Plan" anyway a week into his administration anyway. lol
    I'd just like to fact check the bold part above this as incorrect. There have been multiple presidents who dealt with pandemics. The pandemic brought up the most it seems is the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic. I don't give a rat's ass about politics.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

I'd just like to fact check the bold part above this as incorrect. There have been multiple presidents who dealt with pandemics. The pandemic brought up the most it seems is the 1918 "Spanish Flu" pandemic. I don't give a rat's ass about politics.
    That was over 100 years ago. So, okay shoot me as a bit inaccurate, but I think it's a very different thing today what with all the science, medical and cultural advances than it was 100 years ago. But maybe you're right. I haven't looked but perhaps there ARE things we can learn from how it was handled in the past. I suppose we should investigate how the "Black Death" was handled as well?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

There's always something to learn from the past.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose we should investigate how the "Black Death" was handled as well?

Racist!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

The previous POTUS dealt with the h1n1 out break pretty well.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Why?

It's just that the moment one of them comes up, it's like a boulder being dropped in the stream of consciousness. Pages go by focused on the politics and it drowns out other interesting truly random insights, like the one about the lack of woke cereal mascots.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ever notice there have never been any female breakfast cereal mascots? Even Fruity Pebbles used Pebbles name but she didn't make it on the box....
    There have been smaller produced cereals though... Strawberry Shortcake and The Powerpuff Girls have both been featured on boxes.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There have been smaller produced cereals though... Strawberry Shortcake and The Powerpuff Girls have both been featured on boxes.
    I swear Rainbow Brite had a cereal at one time...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 832 of 972 FirstFirst ... 332 732 782 822 830 831 832 833 834 842 882 932 ... LastLast