Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 973 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 875 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 24311

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.
    When my grandma moved out of her house several years ago, we found a box containing every letter my dad had written her while he was in Vietnam.
    He still has that box somewhere and I plan to sit down someday and read through all of them.
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this is brilliant

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Arnel Pineda?
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Leslie Cheung (Miss You Much Leslie - Passion Tour Version)

his last tour before he commited suicide

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So not to derail the UK Dr. Sleep thread any further....

I don't care if you resell books to buy more books, buy beer, or buy a new kidney. It does not matter to me.

Frankly, I don't want to know and find it a little unseemly when people post things for sale (here or on ebay or Craiglist), and then go into a long reason as to why they are selling.

Just sell your stuff and stick to the basics....and don't try to tug at my heart strings so I open my wallet.

Yes...I am in a pissy mood.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Yes...I am in a pissy mood.
    Wouldn't have guessed that in a million years Rick, you hide it so well
    We all float down here!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is official...I just changed my mood avatar.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I take it that was aimed squarely at me? I'm not trying to tug on heart strings and I did not intend to annoy anyone.

The only reason I felt I should say exactly what I was hoping to do was because there were so many saying that they didn't agree with me or anyone else selling at a profit and someone said they thought it good that people are open about what they are going to do with any profit they make (or words to that effect). I had already said to a few people what I wanted to do with the money via PM.

Anyway I've set my price £325 plus £25 for shipping which is the going rate on Ebay. If nobody here want to pay that they go on Ebay.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It was not aimed squarely at you....but you did inspire my post a bit.

Again, I have no problem with anyone selling books at a profit....I do it all the time.

Furthermore, if I was in your place, I would have bought several too.

That being said, not that long ago, someone came in here selling books because their cat or dog needed surgery, and then went on to ask for donations on top of that.

Today, you need a kiln, which is how you justified your price on your books.

What is next?

I don't need to know why anybody is selling...just what your terms are, and if they are negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post

Anyway I've set my price £325 plus £25 for shipping which is the going rate on Ebay. If nobody here want to pay that they go on Ebay.
    And while I am no longer in the market for one, you might be better off selling them here as you are going to lose 15% when you put them on ebay.

Offer them here for a 10% discount using Paypal Gift...you as a seller get more and the buyer pays less and everybody is happy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK fair enough, I know that you have no problem on people selling for a profit, you've been around a long time doing this.

I do agree that selling books and then asking for donations to pay for your animals welfare is a bit much. I can also understand the desperation one might feel to have an ill pet and not be able to afford to have them treated.

I doubt if I'll ever buy books to sell in future though as this whole situation has put me off ever doing it again.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    OK fair enough, I know that you have no problem on people selling for a profit, you've been around a long time doing this.

I do agree that selling books and then asking for donations to pay for your animals welfare is a bit much. I can also understand the desperation one might feel to have an ill pet and not be able to afford to have them treated.

I doubt if I'll ever buy books to sell in future though as this whole situation has put me off ever doing it again.
    I wouldn't let the naysayers put you off. You think King, various publishers and printers are all doing this to break even? As someone else once said "It's called Capitalism".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick, lighten up. Don't edit your posts, they do convey frustration on your part, and reasonable opinions.
    Rachel is IMO a great person to deal with.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell everybody, just don't take opinions personally .... life's a lot less stressful if you don't take random shit that people say to heart. In my case that generally applies to family (I left the state 30 years ago, yet they have always tried to drag me into all the family drama. It's not that I don't care ... wait, yes it is!), but it's also a good rule for friends, co-workers ... and yes, people we only know by their on-line presence. I will listen and say 'Thanks for your input', but in the end I'm a big boy and make my own decisions ... if you don't agree and get all huffy, I kinda feel bad for you.

Awww, poor (insert name here), all pissed off and flaming again. Ah well. Think I'll have a nice cold Vanila Porter!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Hell everybody, just don't take opinions personally .... life's a lot less stressful if you don't take random shit that people say to heart. In my case that generally applies to family (I left the state 30 years ago, yet they have always tried to drag me into all the family drama. It's not that I don't care ... wait, yes it is!), but it's also a good rule for friends, co-workers ... and yes, people we only know by their on-line presence. I will listen and say 'Thanks for your input', but in the end I'm a big boy and make my own decisions .... but really if you don't agree and get all huffy, I kinda feel bad for you.
    Very sage advice!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rich folks smoke dokes

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    An inscription printed on the first page reads,
    "When you give a man a book, You are not giving him so many ounces of paper and glue: You are giving him a whole new life."
    I like that. The quote seems familiar, too.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Rich folks smoke dokes
    ...rich people don't do crack...-Whitney Houston

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

How can you quote Whitney without saying "crack is whack"?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Just now got an email from my Cancer Battling friend in Hungary:

"The area-occupation in the lung shows moderate regression both morphologically and metabolically". The metabolic part means that it is less active and it is taking up less sugar. The tumor has actually had a decrease in size by 13.75% which is very encouraging. The few lymph nodes are "unchanged"."

Sounds like the treatment might be working. Very encouraging

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very positive news TN - thing's are looking up maybe
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Twisted

Sounds that way for both her and my sister.
    Hesitant Optimism

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    How can you quote Whitney without saying "crack is whack"?
    I was trying to be kind.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news, TN!

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Just now got an email from my Cancer Battling friend in Hungary:

"The area-occupation in the lung shows moderate regression both morphologically and metabolically". The metabolic part means that it is less active and it is taking up less sugar. The tumor has actually had a decrease in size by 13.75% which is very encouraging. The few lymph nodes are "unchanged"."

Sounds like the treatment might be working. Very encouraging
    Very glad to hear!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very good news!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 973 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 875 ... LastLast