Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 972 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 852 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Captain Hollister will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you have done really well.

I had a few false starts when and while I was giving up and I think days 1-14 are definitely the toughest, after that it seems to get a bit easier every day.

I don't think people appreciate how hard it is on your body, I felt really ill for the first two to three weeks, and I mean really ill, but you feel so good afterwards it is worth it.

You sound like you are 90% of the way there, don't quit now .

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hang in there, Tim!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Stay with it, you'll be glad you did!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. Like I said back on the wagon today with a goal of being 100% free from tobacco and nicotine before the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hollister View Post

I had a few false starts when and while I was giving up and I think days 1-14 are definitely the toughest, after that it seems to get a bit easier every day.

I don't think people appreciate how hard it is on your body, I felt really ill for the first two to three weeks, and I mean really ill, but you feel so good afterwards it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hang in there, Tim!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks everyone. Like I said back on the wagon today with a goal of being 100% free from tobacco and nicotine before the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hollister View Post

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hang in there, Tim!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Good Luck!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

You going cold turkey or using the Patch, Electronic Cig or something similar?
    I failed miserably with the cold turkey. Next attempt will be the Patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I cheated on day 5 and now day 14 (day 9) on kicking the tobacco. Back on the wagon but damn this is rough. The good news is that I am feeling more and more confident and willing to kick this habit. Anything that can make me feel so crappy when trying to quit cannot be good for me. I keep telling myself that 20+ years of using I can deal with the discomfort for a month or two.

Back on the wagon but damn I feel stupid right now.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    You going cold turkey or using the Patch, Electronic Cig or something similar?
    I failed miserably with the cold turkey. Next attempt will be the Patch...
    Nic Gum and mints. I would like to be off of these by the end of the month.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy Father's Day to all our great dads here!!!
    Christine

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

The view of the Black Forest fire from my son's elementary school yesterday afternoon. Doesn't look like it, but that's about 10 miles away to the northeast. The wind blew it northeast yesterday, and today it's going,northwest so we should be okay. The southwest corner of the pre-evacuation zone was maybe 15-20 minutes from our house. Good live info at www.kktv.com/livestream if anyone is interested.
    Has anyone heard from George?

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Give your wife every Sunday to herself because she deserves the break and an eighth of weed once a week, and pretty soon she'll be demanding 5pm-6am everyday and Sunday to herself and two eighths of weed a week because she feels entitled to it.

Oh, marriage. Happy times.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Happy Father's Day to all our great dads here!!!
    Thanks, Christine. Happy Father's Day to the other dads out there!

Shannon, you crack me up.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So my daughter calls me and tells me that her neighbor's tree fell into their yard - crushed the fence and broke a heavy duty branch on one of the trees in her back yard. Scuffling with insurance - neighbors says no to pay as the tree as alive - it was really almost dead but had a couple leaves at the very top - and they don't pay for "acts of nature!" To which I say bullshit. This tree simply fell over - it was almost dead - there was no storm that knocked it over, no high winds. Of course my daughter's insurance has a $1,000 deductible so that is not worh it to her to make a claim.

Needless to say on Saturday I went over with my trusty chainsaw and me and my future son-in-law and my daughter commenced the cleanup. We worked our asses off for about 8 hours, but got the job done and the yard cleaned up. Lots of firewood stacked, all the small branches taken to the dump. The broken branch from their tree was especially hard to cut down. It took a 30 foot extension ladder to get to it. My future SIL tied off the chainsaw in case he had to drop it. We knew the branch was going to fall in the diretion of the ladder so we tied it off and me and my daughter held on for life - I estimate this branch weighed in at 300 - 400 pounds minimally. It was a big ass branch about 18 inches in diameter where it broke and missed teh ladder by ab out to feet! My fugture SIL was ready to hug the branch he was leaning against in case teh ladded suddenly shot out from under his feet :-)

We got the job done and that is all that matters. I got to help them out this time. My future SIL always helps me out with my homeowner projects - quite talented for a young guy. By trade he's a journeyman electrician. He has all the best power tools too. recently we reframed both the sliding door and the franch door, and did some deck repair all during a freaking hot Saturday. I have a dozen or so electrical projects just waiting his attention! :-)

So why am I really sharing this story? Well to build up to Yesterday - Father's Day. Three of my four children were there - one son away at school and had a job he couldn't get off from. They gave me three knockout rose bushes - I really pride my yard, the landscaping and the flowers. That was very nice. Then my daughter whom I helped with the tree matter calls me aside with her fiance and hands me another gift as a thank you for helping them out all day Saturday. It was a perfect gift - Season One to the Game of Thrones on DVD. I do not have HBO but am intrigued about this series - my son goes to his friends on Sunday evenings to watch this and keeps telling me that it's right up my alley. Such a nice gift. Last night I watched the first two episodes and loved it. Hope to watch a few more tonigth! I suspect I'll be looking to buy Season two pretty soon. Ands perhaps start reading the books as well. And my wife non-chalantly said (me and my son were surprised she even watched as it's not the type entertainment she likes) "I supposed you'll want to get HBO now? Perhaps!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i could've killed my dog today, i come home and discovered that she's destroyed one of my Stephen King hardbacks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    So my daughter calls me and tells me that her neighbor's tree fell into their yard - crushed the fence and broke a heavy duty branch on one of the trees in her back yard. Scuffling with insurance - neighbors says no to pay as the tree as alive - it was really almost dead but had a couple leaves at the very top - and they don't pay for "acts of nature!" To which I say bullshit. This tree simply fell over - it was almost dead - there was no storm that knocked it over, no high winds. Of course my daughter's insurance has a $1,000 deductible so that is not worh it to her to make a claim.

Needless to say on Saturday I went over with my trusty chainsaw and me and my future son-in-law and my daughter commenced the cleanup. We worked our asses off for about 8 hours, but got the job done and the yard cleaned up. Lots of firewood stacked, all the small branches taken to the dump. The broken branch from their tree was especially hard to cut down. It took a 30 foot extension ladder to get to it. My future SIL tied off the chainsaw in case he had to drop it. We knew the branch was going to fall in the diretion of the ladder so we tied it off and me and my daughter held on for life - I estimate this branch weighed in at 300 - 400 pounds minimally. It was a big ass branch about 18 inches in diameter where it broke and missed teh ladder by ab out to feet! My fugture SIL was ready to hug the branch he was leaning against in case teh ladded suddenly shot out from under his feet :-)

We got the job done and that is all that matters. I got to help them out this time. My future SIL always helps me out with my homeowner projects - quite talented for a young guy. By trade he's a journeyman electrician. He has all the best power tools too. recently we reframed both the sliding door and the franch door, and did some deck repair all during a freaking hot Saturday. I have a dozen or so electrical projects just waiting his attention! :-)

So why am I really sharing this story? Well to build up to Yesterday - Father's Day. Three of my four children were there - one son away at school and had a job he couldn't get off from. They gave me three knockout rose bushes - I really pride my yard, the landscaping and the flowers. That was very nice. Then my daughter whom I helped with the tree matter calls me aside with her fiance and hands me another gift as a thank you for helping them out all day Saturday. It was a perfect gift - Season One to the Game of Thrones on DVD. I do not have HBO but am intrigued about this series - my son goes to his friends on Sunday evenings to watch this and keeps telling me that it's right up my alley. Such a nice gift. Last night I watched the first two episodes and loved it. Hope to watch a few more tonigth! I suspect I'll be looking to buy Season two pretty soon. Ands perhaps start reading the books as well. And my wife non-chalantly said (me and my son were surprised she even watched as it's not the type entertainment she likes) "I supposed you'll want to get HBO now? Perhaps!!!!!
    A great story, Bob. Sounds like you a great family.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, your daughter's neighbors are dicks. Good for you for helping them with a complicated and dangerous clean-up project.

Fearless, that sucks. How did your dog have access to your books, and does your dog still have access?

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Obama's immigration reform will fuck those individuals with advanced degrees.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Too bad.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Too bad.
    I expected such a reply.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

He was over here in Northern Ireland today. He seems an extremely likeable chap. Nice family too.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    He was over here in Northern Ireland today. He seems an extremely likeable chap. Nice family too.
    You guys can put him up over there if you would like...for as long as you wanted.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Too bad.
    I expected such a reply.
    Not sure what you mean by that, but "immigration reform" will have many effects. The Executive Branch (Obama) does its best to influence legislation, but Congress passes laws. The POTUS may reject the potential law, but it is rare.
    People are quick to blame Obama, and of course that is what comes with the job/title, but your locally elected member of the HOR, and your two Senators for your state are to be held responsible.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys can put him up over there if you would like...for as long as you wanted.
    Oh I fully understand disliking politicians my friend. I hate our David Cameron with a passion

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I fully understand disliking politicians my friend. I hate our David Cameron with a passion
    HA!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by George at C-Springs

The view of the Black Forest fire from my son's elementary school yesterday afternoon. Doesn't look like it, but that's about 10 miles away to the northeast. The wind blew it northeast yesterday, and today it's going,northwest so we should be okay. The southwest corner of the pre-evacuation zone was maybe 15-20 minutes from our house. Good live info at www.kktv.com/livestream if anyone is interested.

Has anyone heard from George?

John
    I'm here John. It was an iffy couple of days, but in the end the fire never turned our way (south). 490 other people not so lucky. 75% contained tonight, but the danger has passed. I'm putting money that this was started by some dumbass flicking a cigarette out the car window.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear you were not in harms way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 972 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 852 ... LastLast