Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 972 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 822 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear eBay, I always want to see all the search results!

Showing most relevant results ... 7,360 active listings

Showing all results ... 17,770 active listings

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fake, but I think they look pretty damn awesome:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Steph...elease/4219617

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

I've never been to Disney World nor to Legoland, but we have had annual passes for Disneyland for the past couple years.

For lodging, as soon as you look at non-Disney hotels near the park, the price differential vs. the Disney hotels is huge. Further, if you don't mind taking a shuttle bus, the hotels a block or two away can get nicer and less expensive simultaneously. Some have "family suites" which can be nice if you'd like to put the kids to bed in another room while the adults stay up. We usually stay within walking distance, but we've also stayed further away for the same price and much better digs.

Stroller rental is $15/day at Disneyland. If you rent one, you can pay for multiple days at once (keep your receipt). Then on Day 2, etc., you don't have to stand in the cashier line, you just go to the strollers and show your receipt. With little ones those ages, you will want two strollers (unless you bring a double). That 3 year old will get exhausted. I've brought strollers before, but travel logistics were such that renting was a simpler the last couple times.

No offense to anyone, but personally I hate those autograph books. They slow down the character lines, and, IMO, the really little kids don't seem to actually care about them - it's more a parent thing. With older kids it may be different. My 3-year old daughter had a little stuffed Disney character (Pluto in this case). All the live action characters made a big deal out of it and her. Much more fun than having the moment spent by having the characters focusing on an autograph book instead of your kid. The interactions and the photos make better memories.

Disneyland and California Adventure have lots of those official photographers, by the way. They are good and will also take pics with your camera. If you decide to have them take official photos, I recommend just going all out and using them every time you see one of them. Then after the trip, go online and look at all the photos. Then you may want to buy the photo CD. It's a flat price no matter how few or how many photos are taken, so you might as well take a lot.

If you want to maximize character interaction, make reservations for a character breakfast or dinner somewhere like the Grand Californian Hotel or Goofy's Kitchen. Schedule it before the trip.

In California Adventure: Go to Hollywood Land. The 3-year old is the perfect age for the Disney Junior Live on Stage show. Also, further down and across the street, there is a building (near Monsters, Inc.) that has little kid dance parties with a whole bunch of characters out dancing with them - very interactive and without the wait. I'm not talking about the nighttime street dance party (Mad T party) that you'll see promoted, that is something different. Cars Land is the newest thing, so the lines are crazy long. The later it gets at night, the shorter the lines.

If anyone in your party has an iPhone, you may want to check out the official Disney Parks app. Also, there is an app called "MouseWait" that is user-based and will give you an idea of line wait times without having to physically go check.

If it matters to you adults: Disneyland does not serve booze, but California Adventure does.

I could go on, but I'll stop there. Enjoy your trip!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Does Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) start by the middle of March?

John
    Sunday March 10, 2013 in USA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    Sunday March 10, 2013 in USA
    Thanks, RF!

John

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I always look forward to the day we change the clocks. It sucks to lose that hour over the weekend but it's nice to know that before too long I'll be able to get home from work while the sun is still up. Walking out to my car after work when it's already dark is just so depressing.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Brian, I was just at Disney World two years ago. My husband and I booked a trip package through AAA off-season in October for Halloween. $2,000 covered our round trip flight, transportation to and from the airport, four nights in the Coronado Springs resort, five days of park-hopper passes, three meals per day for five days (including dinner reservations, buffets, daily snacks, etc.), early admission/late night passes to the parks, behind the scenes access to shows and preferred seating (we met the cast of The Lion King show!), free professional photo ops with a photo card (including a few with digitally added characters... like one where we are "holding" baby Simba), free shipping of purchases direct to our home (saved us a bunch on extra luggage costs), and a special "memories" package (photo album, Mickey ears, luggage tags, and a special pass for one exclusive VIP park event of our choice - my husband told me we were using it for the Downtown DisneyQuest arcade, but he actually used it to book a close-encounter with the tigers. I didn't get to touch them, but I was close enough that I *almost* could!).

He had told the AAA agent he planned to propose on the trip, so they used a 'honeymoon/romance' package option and modified it. Of course, I kept expecting a ring because ALL the staff at the park saw our passes and either said, "Congratulations!" or made a comment about how 'extra magical' our trip would be. He didn't pop the question until a year later. lol

Some things I would suggest, especially with little ones... avoid the Bug's Life 4D show in the tree of life, tons of little kids cry and panic during it. Try the shows (The Lion King and Finding Nemo musical are AWESOME!). The little one might not enjoy them, but if you sit near an exit it isn't difficult to quietly slip out with a fussy baby. The parades are a great way for the little ones to see the harder-find characters in costume. It is best to find a spot near the start or end of the parade, since the middle (for example, in front of the castle) seems to get crowded... plus the cast members to be a bit more relaxed and interactive at those spots. Don't miss the indoor cast greeting opportunities. There are usually less lines for those and the characters have more time with the kids. Plus, if you wander off the beaten path a bit you can find characters in the park with no lines at all. Just make sure they aren't purposely trying to hide. lol We found Eeyore near the exit to a ride that wasn't very popular for little kids so most of the adults were passing him by, Goofy in the seating area behind a restaurant that had barely any people around, and Mickey was being sneaky by the Haunted Mansion - the area where guests who cannot ride wait for the rest of their group.

The autograph book isn't terrible to have... but it isn't necessary. Just like the pins, it makes the focus on trying to collect them all instead of enjoying the moment. I would suggest instead to do a photo album. Like Patrick said, carrying a character toy or having the kids wear "homemade" Disney shirts gets some extra attention. I know a little girl with a shirt that had her hand print in orange paint made to look like Pluto and the characters were going crazy over it. She got some great pictures, Pluto even put her on his shoulders. Also, go for the characters that are 'dressed up'. Normal Goofy was standing for photos but nothing too impressive, Safari Outfit Goofy was jumping and posing hilariously, and Cowboy Goofy tried to steal me from my husband a little skit that lasted a few minutes and drew a crowd. It seems like the traditional characters get more interest and have less time to play it up, while the specialty costumes have less lines and more room to showboat.

Budget tip? My aunt took her two daughters to Disney... the first was three when they went the first time and she wanted every. single. toy. They of course bought her a few, but it was pricey and the things she wanted weren't even park exclusive. SO when they went the next time with both girls three years later (so, ages six and three) they bought some Disney toys in advance back home... a few small stuffed animals and plastic figures... and kept them in a bag at the hotel. When the girls wanted a toy, they would say they bought it and would keep it so it didn't get dirty at the park... when they got back to the room, the girls had Disney toys to play with that were a fraction of the cost.

Enjoy the trip!!! Hopefully you share some photos after. I can't wait to go back to Disney!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome advice Krystle. Thank you!!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The n0te above the pages:

Per Member1958: "I have tried this before, but to no avail. However. today's response to "The Shining" release gave me new hope. We had record numbers of members logged on so. it can be done. I'll throw in the caveat that I. the "haven fund whore" will remain silent for an entire day of your choosing if we can beat the previous "Most users online" total." I propose Saturday, 3/16/13 at 12 noon EDT as the date and time for our gathering. Can we do this folks???? Can you shut the Haven Fund Whore up for a day? Can we make Internet history? Or will I be able to continually annoy everyone about the HF? What will I do as, Director for a day"?????? Tune in to find out!!!

John
    From Bing search : Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 10, 2013 (in 17 days) and ends on Sunday, November 3, 2013.
    Last edited by ChristineB; 02-21-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: :doh: RF already got to this one. sorry
    Christine

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(I live just next to Paris... and i never went to Disneyworld. I guess that i wont go any time soon with my gf's back problem. Good thing that i dont really care ^^ )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    (I live just next to Paris... and i never went to Disneyworld. I guess that i wont go any time soon with my gf's back problem. Good thing that i dont really care ^^ )
    Thanks for sharing.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Househole goods are arriving today. We shipped everything off on Nov 29th so it's been a long wait. Fingers crossed that everything is in decent shape. Fingers and toes crossed that my books are okay!

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went to Epcot this January when we went to Ormond Beach for a week. Drank around the world

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say this would be very cool, not sure it would go over well but it would be neat to have a full set (minus Rage of course) of his novels all the same size with matching DJ like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Fake, but I think they look pretty damn awesome:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Steph...elease/4219617
    Christine

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Awesome advice Krystle. Thank you!!
    I posted advice too! What about me?!

Krystle's comment about buying a few toys in advance and hiding them in the room or stroller is a good one. We've done that as well, it works.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick - I honestly never saw your post until just now! Sorry!!! Good advice as well. I was really looking forward to Disney Junior on stage, as my son watches all three shows (Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny). Go figure that they're reconfiguring the show with new characters, so it's on hiatus for the next few weeks. At least he won't know what he's missing! Thanks for letting me know about the apps too. It seems obvious, but it never even crossed my mind!

I'm hoping that we won't have to buy many toys in advance, as my son really hasn't been exposed yet to wanting everything he sees in the stores. But, Disney being Disney, he could easily be overwhelmed. So I'll definitely have to reconsider that!

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice. Since it's been decades since I've been there, I'm essentially going in blind, so all the advice is definitely appreciated!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Planning a Disneyland and LegoLand trip in a few weeks with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. Haven't been there in 30 years. I think it should be fun, but I have a feeling it's going to be very exhausting. Any tips?
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer and I hope you don't take this as being overly critical but I don't think either of the kids are going to really remember this trip.

I mean it's great that you can do something like this for them but I think it would kinda suck to know that my parents took me to some great place when I was really little and I had no memory of it.

There are a few places that my parents took me that I have very vague memories of. But we always ended up going back again when I was older so I could enjoy it more.

Or you can just tell me to STFU and mind my own business. Either way, good luck and have fun!
    I was thinking the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd wait until your youngest is at least 3.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Planning a Disneyland and LegoLand trip in a few weeks with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. Haven't been there in 30 years. I think it should be fun, but I have a feeling it's going to be very exhausting. Any tips?
    I hate to be a Debbie Downer and I hope you don't take this as being overly critical but I don't think either of the kids are going to really remember this trip.

I mean it's great that you can do something like this for them but I think it would kinda suck to know that my parents took me to some great place when I was really little and I had no memory of it.

There are a few places that my parents took me that I have very vague memories of. But we always ended up going back again when I was older so I could enjoy it more.

Or you can just tell me to STFU and mind my own business. Either way, good luck and have fun!
    I was thinking the same thing. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd wait until your youngest is at least 3.
    He actually will turn three in four weeks. So, I think that's pretty darn close. Either way, whether or not he remembers this trip 10 years from now, I don't care. We will have a great time, and so long as the boys have a grandma and grandpa to visit in CA, we'll be back many times.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My vote is still legoland - especially if they have the star wars exhibit still up. Save money, less hassle, and more kid appropriate things throughout the park. Less crowded, lots of open space to walk and still fun things to do (IMHO) - especially at that age.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    My vote is still legoland - especially if they have the star wars exhibit still up. Save money, less hassle, and more kid appropriate things throughout the park. Less crowded, lots of open space to walk and still fun things to do (IMHO) - especially at that age.
    Actually, we're doing both. Disney, followed by a beach day (Huntington Beach most likely, so that we can eat at Duke's), followed by a day at LegoLand. Should be a fantastic time.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

When my kids were that young (under 5/6) their favorite place to was Chucky Cheese. They had a lot more fun there than Disney. I think that chain is long gone now tho, isnt it?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Actually, we're doing both. Disney, followed by a beach day (Huntington Beach most likely, so that we can eat at Duke's), followed by a day at LegoLand. Should be a fantastic time.
    So that means that you will have to report back with what everyone liked better - also try to goto sealife aquarium at lego land - they have some combined passes (plus i think with some legoland passes the second day is free - so you don't have to spend all day there and can split the time up - which is only helpful if you were staying close by and had the time - we stay in oceanside which is about 10-15 minutes from legoland)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    When my kids were that young (under 5/6) their favorite place to was Chucky Cheese. They had a lot more fun there than Disney. I think that chain is long gone now tho, isnt it?
    It's still around the Cleveland Ohio area. We used to take my grandson (he's 16 now!) there when he was a lot smaller. He loved it.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's still around the Cleveland Ohio area. We used to take my grandson (he's 16 now!) there when he was a lot smaller. He loved it.

John
    Chuck E. Cheese was a blast!!! My kids LOVED that place!!! I'm sure Merlin IV will too!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Chuck E Cheese. It's been years since I've been there. We used to go all the time when I was little. I still apologize to my mom for having to endure that.

I think we still have the one here, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 972 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 822 ... LastLast