Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 972 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, where do I apply for a position? Your cabinet is nothing without me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Bill, where do I apply for a position? Your cabinet is nothing without me!
    Well, of course!!! Apply here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Occupy-TDT.Org

I am sure you will be "accepted"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

hey guys, my pup says Thankee for saving his bootie

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Planning a Disneyland and LegoLand trip in a few weeks with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. Haven't been there in 30 years. I think it should be fun, but I have a feeling it's going to be very exhausting. Any tips?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Planning a Disneyland and LegoLand trip in a few weeks with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old. Haven't been there in 30 years. I think it should be fun, but I have a feeling it's going to be very exhausting. Any tips?
    Wear comfortable shoes
    reality continues to ruin my life

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I hate to be a Debbie Downer and I hope you don't take this as being overly critical but I don't think either of the kids are going to really remember this trip.

I mean it's great that you can do something like this for them but I think it would kinda suck to know that my parents took me to some great place when I was really little and I had no memory of it.

There are a few places that my parents took me that I have very vague memories of. But we always ended up going back again when I was older so I could enjoy it more.

Or you can just tell me to STFU and mind my own business. Either way, good luck and have fun!
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And those places are not what they used to be bdwyer19. I went back to Disney World a few years ago after not being there for 20 years and it is more about selling things now days then anything else, you are bombarded with merchandise at every turn. But, rides are still there, and it is still Disney on steriods. Not sure how much such young kids will get out of it though.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear what you're saying... the 9 month old obviously won't remember anything. Who knows if my 2 1/2 year old will remember the trip, but that's not the point of the trip. He's obsessed with Legos and with Mickey Mouse, so if nothing else, he will have a ton of fun those days.

The main point of the trip is for the boys to visit their grandparents for a few days. So regardless of what they remember years down the road, I'm fairly certain we'll be making this trip several times. So I'm sure they'll get a few more go-arounds at Disneyland!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Honestly, Iwritecode has a point. Brought my kids when they were about 3 and all they remember is the horribly scary Big Furry Animals (referring to the characters roaming the park). My daughter had nightmares about Tigger who stood close to 7 feet tall and tried to hug her. My kids had a lot more fun there after the age of 5

Edit - Im referring to Disney. They loved Legoland
    reality continues to ruin my life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Honestly, Iwritecode has a point. Brought my kids when they were about 3 and all they remember is the horribly scary Big Furry Animals (referring to the characters roaming the park). My daughter had nightmares about Tigger who stood close to 7 feet tall and tried to hug her. My kids had a lot more fun there after the age of 5

While the Grandparents side trip probably makes it a moot point, Nadine and Iwritecode are spot on. I am a seasoned Disney World/Land vet (15 trips and counting) and it is A LOT more fun and memorable when the kids are a little older. Trust me!!! One tip I can offer is to try and stay in a hotel on the property especially, if you ever make it to Florida. I always stayed at the Polynesian, myself.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice so far. I’m sure the boys will enjoy Disneyland more when they are 5+. But since they’re not, any more tips for an almost 3 year old?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice so far. I’m sure the boys will enjoy Disneyland more when they are 5+. But since they’re not, any more tips for an almost 3 year old?
    One cool thing that will also help the memories is be sure to get an "Autograph" book. You can buy them in DL, but anything will do. I found that having the characters sign an autograph somewhat reduced the "scare" factor. Plus it becomes a "mission" for subsequent trips as well as memorabilia.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering about that, Bill. When I first heard about that when watching a Disney promo video, it sounded like it wouldn’t be very worthwhile. But, I like what you’re saying about collecting the autographs as a way of preserving the memories. Plus, he can make his daycare friends jealous by showing off Mickey’s autograph!! I’m definitely much more onboard with that idea.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was wondering about that, Bill. When I first heard about that when watching a Disney promo video, it sounded like it wouldn’t be very worthwhile. But, I like what you’re saying about collecting the autographs as a way of preserving the memories. Plus, he can make his daycare friends jealous by showing off Mickey’s autograph!! I’m definitely much more onboard with that idea.
    Glad I could help. Not that I am a shrink or anything, but I think that having the child seek out the characters instead of the characters seeking them out makes them a little more confortable. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stolen off the 'net-Disneyland for a 2 year old:
    A couple of tips:
    1) Take advantage of the various baby care stations throughout the parks. They are extremely nice and provide a nice place to get away from the sensory overload of the parks while you change/feed your daughter.

2) We found taking time off in the afternoon was a big help. It keeps them from getting too tired out over the entire trip.

3) If she enjoys particular movies, find a character meal with those characters. You'll all love it. Our son loved Little Einsteins and some of the best memories/pictures from our trip was when he got to meet them. The characters spend lot of time with you at the character breakfasts. If she's into princesses, you'll need to try to book that exactly 180 days out. The princess breakfast at Cinderella Castle fills up within minutes of becoming available. That's actually generally good advice during the free dining time, which is during late August - late September.

4) The price on rental strollers nearly doubled last year. It's now pretty expensive to rent a stroller at Disney. If you have a good stroller that folds easily, take it rather than renting.

5) Buy Disney with Kids by Kim Wright Wiley. It has lots of good information in it that other books don't give like "scare factor" for rides and how kid friendly each restaurant is.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks RF!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

with the kids that age - avoid disneyland - to costly and too busy (will not be worth the money or the time). We goto Disneyland and legoland every couple of years. Just went down there this past summer and only went to legoland this time - spent most of the time with grandparents. Legoland is much more affordable - so reasonable to get away for a day. Our little guy was 4 when we went last summer (we went to both parks when he was 2). There is realistically more to do for the younger kids at legoland (our son loved the car track for the young kids - 3.5 might be a little too small though - although i think Caleb did try it when we first went - but 4 was perfect - he wanted to do that all day).

Also the sea life aquarium attached to legoland was actually really nice and fun for our 4 year old. Pay a little extra for parking and get closer to the gate (if you arrive within 30-40 minutes of park opening traffic is not an issue) - especially if the grandparents are joining you for the day.

I agree with RF always bring your own fold up stroller for the trip - if flying just check it at the gate - no extra charge.

If you need anymore specific tips - feel free to send a PM

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post

went there for the first time when I was 46.... those big furry animals scared the bejesus out of me too.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    One cool thing that will also help the memories is be sure to get an "Autograph" book. You can buy them in DL, but anything will do.
    Now I want to go check and see if I still have mine from when we went in 2000.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stolen off the 'net-Disneyland for a 2 year old:
    A couple of tips:

2) We found taking time off in the afternoon was a big help. It keeps them from getting too tired out over the entire trip.
    Very good point, RF!!!! I remember one year, my brother and I put my son (10) and his son (Alex, 6) in the car to "go for a ride" and the next day they woke in Georgia!!! We were going through the park starting 1 hr prior to the park opening (perk of staying in a hotel on the PPty) and I guess we went to lunch in the castle around 1:30 pm. We ordered and were eating and my brother and I were discussing the afternoons agenda, when low and behold, Alex was face down and fast asleep in his plate of spaghetti!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1) I've never been to Disnyeland/Disneyworld. So sad.

2) We need mass participation to continue the Short Story Battle Royale! Please check the links in my signature and vote! It only takes a second, thanks!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The n0te above the pages:

Per Member1958: "I have tried this before, but to no avail. However. today's response to "The Shining" release gave me new hope. We had record numbers of members logged on so. it can be done. I'll throw in the caveat that I. the "haven fund whore" will remain silent for an entire day of your choosing if we can beat the previous "Most users online" total." I propose Saturday, 3/16/13 at 12 noon EDT as the date and time for our gathering. Can we do this folks???? Can you shut the Haven Fund Whore up for a day? Can we make Internet history? Or will I be able to continually annoy everyone about the HF? What will I do as, Director for a day"?????? Tune in to find out!!!
    Does Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) start by the middle of March?

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The n0te above the pages:

Per Member1958: "I have tried this before, but to no avail. However. today's response to "The Shining" release gave me new hope. We had record numbers of members logged on so. it can be done. I'll throw in the caveat that I. the "haven fund whore" will remain silent for an entire day of your choosing if we can beat the previous "Most users online" total." I propose Saturday, 3/16/13 at 12 noon EDT as the date and time for our gathering. Can we do this folks???? Can you shut the Haven Fund Whore up for a day? Can we make Internet history? Or will I be able to continually annoy everyone about the HF? What will I do as, Director for a day"?????? Tune in to find out!!!
    Does Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) start by the middle of March?

John
    Not sure. That would be a question for RF he's "up" on that stuff. John, just do like I will and login early and stay logged in!!! LOL From what I hear there may be PRIZES to be won!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Occupy-TDT.Org

BTW, John how does "Secretary of Proofs" grab ya?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

"Secretary of Proofs" sounds good to me!

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear eBay - I always want to search in titles and descriptions. Please put that option back on the main screen. Thanks, RF II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 972 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 821 ... LastLast