Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 972 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 809 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Hey, for the right price... I mean. Um. How rude, Brice!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from having that bane of getting old--a colonoscopy. It looks like I'm going to have to have another one in three years or so. This has to be one of the worst things in medicine. Not the procedure so much, but the prep.

John

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got back from having that bane of getting old--a colonoscopy. It looks like I'm going to have to have another one in three years or so. This has to be one of the worst things in medicine. Not the procedure so much, but the prep.

John

Hope everything came out alright
    I could not agree more, I'm on a every 5yrs schedule.
    The procedure is nothing, the day before is the

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check this out!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...undraiser-Sale!

Could be even more in the offing depending on the response!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I am in total agreement with you John, speaking from experience, though I am currently on the 5 year plan having finished round 2 last year! :-)

The procedure is a piece of cake - that is what anesthesia is for! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anaesthesia would be much ore enjoyable without the procedures and operations.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have a mild anesthetic so I can watch what's going on via the monitor. It's just interesting to me.

John

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post

John
    I am in total agreement with you John, speaking from experience, though I am currently on the 5 year plan having finished round 2 last year! :-)

The procedure is a piece of cake - that is what anesthesia is for! :-)
    If you need any helpful hints about the prep - I can try to help (with advice - thats all) - I have had more c-scopes before the age of 40 than most people have in their entire life. Let's just say I would need more than one hand to count them all...so far. There are 3 different preps out there - some worse than others (the gallon jug of colyte - "go-lightly" is anything but go lightly and the worst of the three). So there are options. The only thing that I look forward to is the valium that makes me forget everything and I just wake up in a bit after the procedure. Oh yeah - do yourself a favor - take off the day before (or leave work early) and don't wait until late in evening to start the prep.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have a mild anesthetic so I can watch what's going on via the monitor. It's just interesting to me.

John
    No offense, but are we done talking about your ass, John? LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Even though I'm originally a biologist, I currently work at the Physics department of the Dutch version of the NSF. In that capacity I spent the past two days at the major physics conference in the Netherlands and even though most of it is wayyyy out of my league, I was very impressed by the keynote lecture of professor Leo Kouwenhoven. This guy is a serious contender for a Nobel prize because last year, he and his research group found proof for the existence of the elusive Majorana fermion. This particle is going to be critical in the development of quantum computers. What these guys are doing is really phenomenal (both theoretically and in terms of nano-engineering)! I know you guys probably don't care but I'm a geek and proud of it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    he and his research group found proof for the existence of the elusive Majorana fermion.
    Now I am turgid.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    he and his research group found proof for the existence of the elusive Majorana fermion.
    Now I am turgid.

Call your wife. I am sure she will be excited to know!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Has Freewheelin' Frankling not discovered alcohol yet?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey!!! I remember him from College!!! Awesome, RF!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a good meeting with the wedding planner today, just a shame I've had my knee strapped up!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Where are Fat Freddy and Phineas??

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Had a good meeting with the wedding planner today, just a shame I've had my knee strapped up!
    We're also in full marriage-planning mode!! I'm already looking forward to The Day because all this stuff is fun but it costs a lot of time and energy...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Where are Fat Freddy and Phineas??
    They are "characters":
    The Freak Brothers are not siblings. They are a threesome of freaks (similar to but distinct from the more well-known hippies) from San Francisco. Their names are Phineas Freakears, Fat Freddy Freekowtski and Freewheelin' Franklin (whose surname has not been revealed so far). The trio are anti-heroes, ingesting or smoking large quantities of drugs and consistently defying authority. They are lazy (several storylines revolve around the "horror" of one of the brothers having to find work) and unreliable — particularly in the case of Fat Freddy.

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, from left to right, Phineas, Fat Freddy and Freewheelin' Franklin

The three Freak Brothers have very different personalities:
    • Freewheelin' Franklin, although laid-back, is the most street-smart of the trio. Apparently he has always been on the streets and it appears that he is several years older than the others. He is certainly old enough to be troubled at times by impotence. In one story he reveals that he grew up in an orphanage and never knew his parents. Tall and skinny, he has a big bulbous nose, a waterfall mustache and a ponytail. He wears cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. In one strip, he runs into an ex-girlfriend who has a child that bears a striking resemblance to himself. He does his best to evade them and is relieved when she doesn't recognize him. He is thus unburdened of any parental obligation. In another strip, when he meets his own (possible) father, the same story line is inverted. Like father, like son.... Depending on the light, or perhaps the use of dye, his hair is red, blonde, or light brown.
    • Phineas Phreak is the intellectual and idealist of the group. He has enough mastery of chemistry to create new drugs and takes an avid interest in politics. Of the three, he is the most committed to social change and environmental issues. He hails from Texas and while his mother is relaxed and open-minded, his father is a card-carrying member of the John Birch Society. He is the hairiest of the brothers - tall and skinny with a thick bush of black hair, a beard, a nose that bears more than a passing resemblance to a marijuana joint and glasses. He is the stereotypical left-wing radical, bearing a superficial resemblance to Abbie Hoffman or Jerry Rubin.
    • Fat Freddy Freekowtski is the least intelligent of the brothers and is most likely to be preoccupied with food. He is fat, or at least plump, with curly yellow hair. His compulsion to eat is the subject of several of the adventures of the group. Fat Freddy regularly gets "burned" during drug transactions and when he does "score" he usually manages to lose the drugs in various ways, such as by dumping them out of a shopping bag in front of a cooling fan, which then blows them out the window onto a police car. Fat Freddy comes from a large, quite ordinary family in Cleveland. In The Idiots Abroad, Freddy visits the Polish village of Gfatsk, where everybody happens to look like him. Nevertheless, he is driven away by an angry mob as soon as they hear the name Freekowtski.

Country
    Country Flag

I read a bunch of Freak Brothers comics 25 years ago, and haven't thought about them in years. I chuckled when I saw your post.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a few of the original comics courtesy of Darkthoughts.

...and you describe them as lazy, potsmoking, slackers as if that were a bad thing.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

...and you describe them as lazy, potsmoking, slackers as if that were a bad thing.
    That is there signature persona...I'd be the same except "bark" made me paranoid.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've retired from that lifestyle myself. LOL

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Love The FREAK BROTHERS !!!!!
    I've just noticed my 420 post Time to burn one, wheres my OG-KUSH & my ZIG ZAGS

Brian...............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 972 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 809 ... LastLast