Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 972 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 626 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are any SF fans going to Boskone in a couple of weeks? (Boston, MA, USA)?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I say again... WTF.... This is Austin, Texas
    Two years in a row with snow - usually it only snows about once every decade or two...
    I sure could use some of that global warming today....
    Austin Texas : 02/04/11

that sure does look nice! Both the picture and the scenery!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    controversial Honus Wagner card from 1909.
    Wow! I didn't think baseball cards were made 100 years ago!
    Cigarette companies used to put baseball cards measuring about 1 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches inside packs of cigarettes as a way to promote sales. In 1909, the American Tobacco Company was trying to get players' permission to appear in their card set. Honus Wagner, a Hall of Fame shortstop and one of the greatest players of his time, refused to grant permission, either because he didn't want kids to buy cigarettes just to get his card or because he wanted more money to appear in the set. Since he was a tobacco user, nobody knows the exact reason, but his family stated it was for the kids and not the money. ATC had made about 60 to 200 cards before he refused permission, and only around 50 cards are known to be in existence. Recently, a brother of a nun left a copy of the card with a group of nuns in Baltimore. The card was in bad shape, but they were still able to auction it off for $262,000. The T-206 Wagner is the stuff of legend...

I remember collecting as a kid having replicas of the T-206 set. Always dreamed of going into someone's attic and finding a box with hidden treasures in it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting story. And you can buy the reprint for a buck!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This would be a nice item to own!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...269#post593269

Good Luck!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we can just pretend the first quarter never happened?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping for overtime.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Does anyone else have problem withe replying to thread using 'reply with quote'?. Mine just hangs on AOL and on Explorer when I try to reply with quote. I thought it was maybe my computer until I saw the post by Namelessnpoor having a similar problem.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Does anyone else have problem withe replying to thread using 'reply with quote'?. Mine just hangs on AOL and on Explorer when I try to reply with quote. I thought it was maybe my computer until I saw the post by Namelessnpoor having a similar problem.
    No there are quite a few having this problem but thankfully someone posted all you had to do was click the "reply" or "reply with quote" button several times quickly and it will work and that has worked for me for the last couple of weeks.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hm.....

I should have read this first - next time I will try the "rapid button clicking" method!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    No there are quite a few having this problem but thankfully someone posted all you had to do was click the "reply" or "reply with quote" button several times quickly and it will work and that has worked for me for the last couple of weeks.
    It worked!. Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W07bFa4TzM

Atlas Shrugged, Part 1.

Release date : April 15th. Coincidence?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

*takes a bow*
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    *takes a bow*
    Thanks, it was too late when I posted and was was too lazy to check and see who posted, thanks again

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wondering what the longest book series people own on here?. Mine is the Horus Heresy series which is unto 16 books and Dune, I think I have 15 of those now. But someone must have something more mighty than that lol, like does anyone own the bazillion Deathlands books?.

I wonder what the longest series of full length novels out there are?, maybe the Xanth series?. I discount all the Survivalist, Deathlands, Outlanders and the myriad of Star Trek or Star Wars books as those series all seem to be tiny 200 page books often wrote by a house author and aimed at the YA adult market with the simplistic text and language.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Depends on how you define 'series'. Are Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt books a true series? My girlfriend and I have them all but one (20 out of 21). Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal-Gear have written a large number of the 'People of the...' books; we have a dozen of those and I think there are at least eighteen by now.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

or Louis L'amour's "Sackett" books?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody live in the Washington, DC area?

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The longest running series has to be the German Perry Rhodan series. Started in 1961 and one book a week comes out. I have a friend who was an author(it takes a team to write one a week!). Thus continuing series will celebrate it's 50th year in 2011 an I will be there. I've read the series since 35 years and learned German to read this series. The American series stopped at about 135. Only way to read them is to speak German. My friend is now the Expose writer, meaning he tells all he others the plot line and then they write the book for that week. This continuing series with basically the same characters is very good, in my opinion. I have all 2580 books(Hefte) and the spinoff series Atlan, which was cancelled at about #450 or so and the paperbacks and comics. This series has to top them all!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W07bFa4TzM

Atlas Shrugged, Part 1.

Release date : April 15th. Coincidence?
    That made me want to read the book.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

a valentine for all my buds here....

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/pdS0IHXXNn7O4z8N

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha thats great!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Anybody live in the Washington, DC area?
    Yes, I live about 30 miles south of the city!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 972 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 626 ... LastLast