Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 935 of 972 FirstFirst ... 435 835 885 925 933 934 935 936 937 945 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,375 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm not squeamish. I have scars that put that to shame.

You and me both.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    P.S. I have the "Crate Monster" version and its awesome!!!
    Mmmmm! You are the "Crate Monster". Wild Bill always will be!
    Yeah, you think? lol I suppose I am!! lol

Haven't seen you in a bit, Ol' Chap!! How the fuck have you been?? Chilling out in that dank, old castle of yours? lol Very good to see you, my friend!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure where to put this, so here’s seems as good as anywhere.

After watching The Book of Boba Fett, I think the actor who played Cobb Vanth, would make a very good Gunslinger if there was ever a remake with a more pure dark tower story at heart, rather than that horrible mess that was previously made.

My only concern would be his role in the Star Wars saga was very gunslinger like, but he looked very comfortable in the role.
    https://tvline.com/wp-content/upload...cobb-vanth.png
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

After watching The Book of Boba Fett, I think the actor who played Cobb Vanth, would make a very good Gunslinger if there was ever a remake with a more pure dark tower story at heart, rather than that horrible mess that was previously made.

My only concern would be his role in the Star Wars saga was very gunslinger like, but he looked very comfortable in the role.
    Timothy Olyphant is an excellent actor and he would be an excellent choice for Roland. I'm afraid he'll age out before anyone ever gets around to doing the series right.

Check him out in the FX series Justified as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Timothy Olyphant is an excellent actor and he would be an excellent choice for Roland. I'm afraid he'll age out before anyone ever gets around to doing the series right.

Check him out in the FX series Justified as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of you may remember I was burgled a couple of years ago and most of my 1st/1st King HC's upto Misery were taken. The original post is below in spoiler.

On Monday the thief plead guilty to 2 burglaries, and was sentenced to 10 year for each, but served concurrently. The judge ordered he pay restitution for the insurance deductible. I might not receive that until he is released (need to find out if judge ordered his earnings be garnished).

Really was hoping for more, but I guess it was a plea bargain. (think he had 2 cases of burglary in the 90's in Texas, and I think some in the 2000's in California so he is a repeat offender and I don't think he is rehabilitatable)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Sigh!!!

Today I got a call from my neighbor telling me my Garage door was open and so was my back door and he could see some electrical cords loose from the tv. Told him to call the police and called them myself and rushed home.

Sure enough I was robbed. It is weierd what they took and didn't take.

They did take 18 of my Stephen King books. I have 4 billy bookcases from Ikea. They only took books from one of them (as far as I can tell so far). It was the case with all my 1st/1st. They took about 80% of the top shelf, and about 50% of the 2nd shelf. I have to books arranged chronologically.

Here is a list of the books they stole:

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Here is a picture of the selves after the scumbag thieves picked through it:

Spoiler:

One of the books stolen was Night Shift. The was the very first book I bought from David at Betts. It was also the book that completed my 1st/1st collection (at the time). It had a bookplate in it, that David sent me a picture off before I agreed to buy it. So this book should be unique if it hits the market:

Granted, if someone puts it on ebay, I am sure they won't include a picture of it.

Its weird that they left Salem's Lot behind and all the paperback Bachman books. Maybe since they were paperback, they thought it was not valuable. But why spend the time to cherry pick?

Also, all the books taken where in an aftermarket slipcase from either the Collector or Jeff Willey.

Ok, back to wondering what else they took but I don't know yet.

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of you may remember I was burgled a couple of years ago and most of my 1st/1st King HC's upto Misery were taken. The original post is below in spoiler.

On Monday the thief plead guilty to 2 burglaries, and was sentenced to 10 year for each, but served concurrently. The judge ordered he pay restitution for the insurance deductible. I might not receive that until he is released (need to find out if judge ordered his earnings be garnished).

Really was hoping for more, but I guess it was a plea bargain. (think he had 2 cases of burglary in the 90's in Texas, and I think some in the 2000's in California so he is a repeat offender and I don't think he is rehabilitatable)

Spoiler:
    Sigh!!!

Today I got a call from my neighbor telling me my Garage door was open and so was my back door and he could see some electrical cords loose from the tv. Told him to call the police and called them myself and rushed home.

They did take 18 of my Stephen King books. I have 4 billy bookcases from Ikea. They only took books from one of them (as far as I can tell so far). It was the case with all my 1st/1st. They took about 80% of the top shelf, and about 50% of the 2nd shelf. I have to books arranged chronologically.

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Spoiler:

One of the books stolen was Night Shift. The was the very first book I bought from David at Betts. It was also the book that completed my 1st/1st collection (at the time). It had a bookplate in it, that David sent me a picture off before I agreed to buy it. So this book should be unique if it hits the market:

Granted, if someone puts it on ebay, I am sure they won't include a picture of it.

Its weird that they left Salem's Lot behind and all the paperback Bachman books. Maybe since they were paperback, they thought it was not valuable. But why spend the time to cherry pick?

Also, all the books taken where in an aftermarket slipcase from either the Collector or Jeff Willey.

Mike
    I guess that's some kind of resolution. They say they will make the victim whole, but they never actually achieve that.

He is going away for a while though. At least he won't be burgling anytime soon.

Is there a victim's fund that can pay you and collect from him? They have that here in Florida.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a tech glitch that my response was included in the previous quote.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The $2000 question on Jeopardy today, in the BOOKS WITHIN BOOKS category, was "What is the Necronomicon?"

I blurted it out before the answer was even half read (leaving out the 'what is' part, of course), as would anyone on this site, while the three contestants stood there with puzzled expressions on their faces. None of them had the foggiest idea.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    The $2000 question on Jeopardy today, in the BOOKS WITHIN BOOKS category, was "What is the Necronomicon?"

I blurted it out before the answer was even half read (leaving out the 'what is' part, of course), as would anyone on this site, while the three contestants stood there with puzzled expressions on their faces. None of them had the foggiest idea.
    Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Sigh!!!

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Spoiler:

Mike
    Did you manage to get some money back (maybe from insurance) from the steal?
    Ever found out what happened about the books? I guess he sold them
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Spoiler:
    Sigh!!!

Spoiler:

Carie
    The Shining
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Gunslinger 1st ed
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman
    Thinner
    Skeleton Crew
    It
    The Eyes of the Dragon
    Misery

Spoiler:

Mike
    Did you manage to get some money back (maybe from insurance) from the steal?
    Ever found out what happened about the books? I guess he sold them

Yes, Insurance paid for most of my losses. For the books, at first they depreciated the value I paid, but I explained they were collectables that appreciate in value rather then depreciate, so they fixed that.
    I had a deductible on my insurance, so the courts asked if I needed restitution. I could only ask for the deductible. I believe the insurance company will try to separately ask for the money they paid me.

Regarding the books, there were 19 stolen I believe. I alerted half-priced books about the books. Explained that they may be in custom made slipcases from Jeff Whiley. Several days later they reported to the police that someone tried to sell them 2 of the books on my list (The Dead Zone and IT, still in custom slipcase). This is how he was caught. Once fingerprints came back as a match to him they got a search warrant. Those two books were the only thing recovered of everything he stole. So I assume he sold the rest already (wonder why these 2 not bought by whoever).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's Madness I tell ya, MARCH MADNESS!!!!!!!

God, I do LOVE this time of year!!!! Next to Opening Day, Christmas and Super Sunday it's my favorite time of the year!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thank you so much Firefox for automatically downloading the latest update and screwing up nearly every one of my home page settings!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Thank you so much Firefox for automatically downloading the latest update and screwing up nearly every one of my home page settings!

I've gone to great lengths to stop this. I like to have LOTS of tabs open at once, so need multiple rows of tabs. Have to use some special scripts to allow this, and it seemed like everytime a new update was made the fix would be broken and I would have to spend an hour or so looking on the net for the correct updated solution.

Now not sure how to get rid of the nag telling me there is a new update available.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I stumbled on an app called Workona Tab Manager, which is an add-on for Chrome. I believe there is one for Firefox. Every now and then you discover an app which has an immense impact on your productivity and/or efficiency. This is one of them for me. Once you get to know how to use it, it’s incredibly helpful. Your tabs are also saved on their server so even if a browser update somehow kills your tabs, you won’t lose them with this extension. But the biggest benefit is organization. You can organize the tabs into folders and when you are viewing an active folder, all other tabs go away. There’s also a notes section where you can save notes for each tab if needed. It took me a bit to get used to, but now I can’t operate without it.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Also, Walmart is going to stop selling cigarettes! YAY!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I don't remember the last time I used my debit card anywhere besides the ATM at my bank. Use credit card for everything.

Get 3% cashback bonus and if it gets stolen/hacked all it takes is a simple phone call to stop the charges. No money taken out of my bank account.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

DOJ will hire an additional 131 attorneys for additional January 6 prosecutions. wow

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    DOJ will hire an additional 131 attorneys for additional January 6 prosecutions. wow
    Because? Something particular driving the new hires or just volume?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Because? Something particular driving the new hires or just volume?
    Good question, that's a lot of damn lawyers!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I don't remember the last time I used my debit card anywhere besides the ATM at my bank. Use credit card for everything.

Get 3% cashback bonus and if it gets stolen/hacked all it takes is a simple phone call to stop the charges. No money taken out of my bank account.
    Never used a single credit card
    It's not as common in France where people use debit cards, and I am not interesting in it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's not as common in France where people use debit cards, and I am not interesting in it
    The story in that video is exactly why I do. It's just so much safer and there are so many more benefits.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The story in that video is exactly why I do. It's just so much safer and there are so many more benefits.
    Never thought of that, but I guess it would makes sense

+ Reply to Thread
Page 935 of 972 FirstFirst ... 435 835 885 925 933 934 935 936 937 945 ... LastLast