Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 566 of 972 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 564 565 566 567 568 576 616 666 ... LastLast
Results 14,126 to 14,150 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was first exposed to him via MTV back in the day when MTV was still that. When the Doves Cry was the track of course. RIP.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    going to catch hell for this... but whatever...

Na. But my sense of humor is a bit twisted so.......
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

In a couple hours, our very own AKC is arriving to see me by train!!! I will be showing him Betts, my personal collection, have lunch and then I'm driving him to see the Wizard...Michael Whelan I mean....Oh I am SO EXCITED.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    In a couple hours, our very own AKC is arriving to see me by train!!! I will be showing him Betts, my personal collection, have lunch and then I'm driving him to see the Wizard...Michael Whelan I mean....Oh I am SO EXCITED.
    AND I... an very JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun boys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Sounds like a great day ahead!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

amazing!!! David-should be a GREAT day...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun! Hope you all enjoy the day.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have a great time guys.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Prince past away. I personally didn't really know much of his music.
    Puscifer (side project of Tool / A Perfect Circle 's singer) apparently cancelled their date in Paris, and replaced it with a date in Holland.

The once in a lifetime opportunity I was looking for, seeing ACDC in june in France is fucked : Brian Johnson had a few months ago cancelled some dates because of hearing issues. The rest of the tour will be kept, but without Brian, being replaced by Axel Rose. That's not ACDC :-(
    >>>http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Prince past away. I personally didn't really know much of his music.
    Puscifer (side project of Tool / A Perfect Circle 's singer) apparently cancelled their date in Paris, and replaced it with a date in Holland.

The once in a lifetime opportunity I was looking for, seeing ACDC in june in France is fucked : Brian Johnson had a few months ago cancelled some dates because of hearing issues. The rest of the tour will be kept, but without Brian, being replaced by Axel Rose. That's not ACDC :-(
    >>>http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278
    Any reason behind Puscifer's cancellation?

And agreed, while ACDC with Axl isn't really ACDC, I think it would be an intriguing show and, in itself, a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was lucky enough to see AC/DC a few months back and Malcolm's unfortunate departure was very noticeable (and, in many ways, a bigger loss than Johnson). As an aside, I also saw Black Sabbath two nights ago... FUKN AMAZING.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am always happy to see that many King collectors are into rock and metal music.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

[/url]
    I don't think they announced a reason.

Puscifer's bassist was playing at the Bataclan with Eagles of Death Metal when it was attacked by terrorists. Maybe it's too soon for him to go back to Paris.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh. Ok, I wondered if there may be a connection.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

[/url]
    I don't think they announced a reason.

Puscifer's bassist was playing at the Bataclan with Eagles of Death Metal when it was attacked by terrorists. Maybe it's too soon for him to go back to Paris.
    I didnt know that, and it would make sense, but no reason was given.
    Axl & ACDC, I guess I will go as I booked the train and a hostel, but it's not ACDC without Brian's voice. I didnt know Malcom was out, but for me ACDC relies on Brian & Angus.
    Probably the last tour the band will be doing I guess even, if they will record new albums.

@biomeg : went to see Slipknot in London back in february \m/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, my wife has seen Guns n Roses a few years back in Glasgow. Axel was being an arsehole as apparently the concert started 3h later because he would have flown some food from London because he wanted it before the concert.
    She managed to get her money back, but I hope that he wont be such an arse again...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I am always happy to see that many King collectors are into rock and metal music.
    My wife and I saw James Taylor in concert last week in Lubbock. Yeah, we're old.

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, my wife has seen Guns n Roses a few years back in Glasgow. Axel was being an arsehole as apparently the concert started 3h later because he would have flown some food from London because he wanted it before the concert.
    She managed to get her money back, but I hope that he wont be such an arse again...
    Yes, apparently Axl's been behaving himself of late. My main issue with Axl having anything to do with ACDC is just that - their difference in rock attitude. ACDC are simple, no nonsense, "blue singlet" working class; and Axl is a primmadonna (though I love him). And yes - Malcolm, as you know, was the engine room, primary riff writer for ACDC - last year it was revealed he has dementia and is now in full time residential care. He doesn't even remember how to play a guitar. Very sad.

Be sure to review the gig for us!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Recently saw Black Sabbath in Chicago with my son. Great show. Now, if only Slade would reunite for one final tour...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That stuff about Malcolm is heartbreaking. I read an article about how he held on as long as he could, completely relearning the songs between the shows. Angus was the star of the show but I've always preferred Malcolm. In general, I think rhythm guitarists are better songwriters than shredders. See: Scott Ian of Anthrax, Izzy Stradlin of GNR, James Hetfield of Metallica.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That stuff about Malcolm is heartbreaking. I read an article about how he held on as long as he could, completely relearning the songs between the shows. Angus was the star of the show but I've always preferred Malcolm. In general, I think rhythm guitarists are better songwriters than shredders. See: Scott Ian of Anthrax, Izzy Stradlin of GNR, James Hetfield of Metallica.
    Well said. And yes, they noticed he was first cognitively slipping during the Black Ice recording sessions. So sad to see the decline of our legends. AC/DC started everything for me - it's almost a rite of passage in Australia: If you want to walk the rock road, you have to start at AC/DC Saw them first in 88 for the Who Made Who tour - I was 12.

And hell yes - Scott Ian!

Along the Path of the Beam jsobanski will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I was lucky enough to see AC/DC on their current tour before Brian left and while I was happy to be able to see them, it was super sad that Malcom wasn't there. Stevie Young did a great job but it wasn't the same.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Acdc was my favorite band growing up, so this stuff with Malcolm is hard to hear. Malcolm was definitely the engine to that powerhouse of a band. My first concert was acdc and i just remember malcolm sitting back and just laying the foundation with that ungodly tone.

Obligatory hell yes James Hetfield ( or as Mike Rowe called him..Lars Ulrich) haha

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    My wife and I saw James Taylor in concert last week in Lubbock. Yeah, we're old.
    I remember you once mentioned listening to Uriah Heep and King Crimson back in the day - good stuff.

I was born in 1974 and my parents 'primed' me with Hendrix, The Doors, Hawkwind and bands like that, before I started developing my own musical taste at the age of 10 with AC/DC and Iron Maiden. Sadly, I never saw AC/DC live but I've seen lots and lots of other great bands perform over the years. My first big concert was Motorhead in the late eighties. By that time I had also moved on to Metallica, Slayer, Death and countless other, heavier bands. Nowadays I mostly listen to more intricate and dynamic stuff like Meshuggah, Tesseract, Gojira and the older Opeth records but all the big names from the seventies/eighties/nineties still get my juices flowing!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

James Taylor is great. I've only seen him live once but I had a blast...in a mellow sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 566 of 972 FirstFirst ... 66 466 516 556 564 565 566 567 568 576 616 666 ... LastLast