Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 972 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    and... BTW , I'm speaking from life lessons.-
    as a teenager, I was walking out of a six flags amusement park with a friend- We were jumped by a gang of about ten and beaten extremely bad. They did not have guns... but they could have easily killed us... luckily they didn't.

as an adult, several years ago... I walked out of my apartment, around to the backside of the building, and walked upon two guys in the process of stealing my car. One of the guys attacked me with the 9" screwdriver he was using to jimmy the locks. if I had not been carrying my glock 45 - I'd most likely be dead. Instead, he went to jail.
    How did that situation play out Sir Boome?, did one run for it and you kept the other covered with the handgun until the cops arrived?. I'm such a coward that if it was only myself that I was looking out for I would have been the one doing the running.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Until my government outlaws all guns, knives, gangs of hoodlums, bats (and any item that could be used as a club), screwdrivers, bow and arrows, AND any other item that might be used to cause harm to me... and provides a absolute effective method of guaranteeing that no individual- including the crazies and the criminals has access to any of these, and a FOOL-PROOF method of ensuring my safety 24 hours/7 days a week/for the rest of my natural life...
    I can't fanthom a time that safety is a given.
    Thus, I don't see a time when I'll "never" be in a situation where I might not feel the need to protect myself and others.

As it is... I have the choice... I dictate whether I am defenseless if a situation occurs, not the government.

and As solutions go... it works for me.

Cloyster ~ I'd think that one of your key statements is that "...laws still don't manage to stop serious criminals from {getting} smuggling weapons."
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They sure don't, they do a great job of keeping them out of the hands of the deranged nutter spree killing types though there was the Dunblane tragedy, but if a criminal wants a gun he's sure as he'll gonna get one.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    and... BTW , I'm speaking from life lessons.-
    as a teenager, I was walking out of a six flags amusement park with a friend- We were jumped by a gang of about ten and beaten extremely bad. They did not have guns... but they could have easily killed us... luckily they didn't.

as an adult, several years ago... I walked out of my apartment, around to the backside of the building, and walked upon two guys in the process of stealing my car. One of the guys attacked me with the 9" screwdriver he was using to jimmy the locks. if I had not been carrying my glock 45 - I'd most likely be dead. Instead, he went to jail.
    How did that situation play out Sir Boome?, did one run for it and you kept the other covered with the handgun until the cops arrived?. I'm such a coward that if it was only myself that I was looking out for I would have been the one doing the running.
    I really didn't have a chance to run, it was dark, and I walked up on them, he saw me and started coming at me, I just reacted by pulling my gun. He stopped in his tracks, and I made him get up against the back apartment's rock wall.
    What was really kind of funny, his buddy (these were late teens), jumped into the car they had driven there.... he threw it into reverse and took off backwards around the edge of the apartment building. But he forgot to close his car door and took it completely off on the corner of the building.

When the cops finally got there, they asked me what kind of car the other guy was driving... I told then it was probably the only one running around at 1:00 am in the morning with the drivers sdie door missing. The cop said... "good point"

anyway, I don't know if they ever did catch the other guy or what finally happen to the one I caught... I just know he went to jail that night for sure.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Homeland Security is a giant collective douche.
    It can be a pain sometimes but there hasn't been much terrorist type activity within the US borders in quite a while. Somebody must be doing something right.
    Now your government just needs to do something to stop your homegrown American maniacs from having such easy access to lethal weaponry as it seems to me that they are just as much a threat to your safety as any terrorist suicide bomber.
    they do... they allow sane people like me to carry my weaponry with me.... and I don't feel nearly as threatened as if I didn't have it.
    Very well put.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Homeland Security is a giant collective douche.
    It can be a pain sometimes but there hasn't been much terrorist type activity within the US borders in quite a while. Somebody must be doing something right.
    Now your government just needs to do something to stop your homegrown American maniacs from having such easy access to lethal weaponry as it seems to me that they are just as much a threat to your safety as any terrorist suicide bomber.
    they do... they allow sane people like me to carry my weaponry with me.... and I don't feel nearly as threatened as if I didn't have it.
    that's a solution?.

Surely it would be better if you never felt the need to carry a weapon.
    Until my government outlaws all guns, knives, gangs of hoodlums, bats (and any item that could be used as a club), screwdrivers, bow and arrows, AND any other item that might be used to cause harm to me... and provides a absolute effective method of guaranteeing that no individual- including the crazies and the criminals has access to any of these, and a FOOL-PROOF method of ensuring my safety 24 hours/7 days a week/for the rest of my natural life...
    I can't fanthom a time that safety is a given.
    Thus, I don't see a time when I'll "never" be in a situation where I might not feel the need to protect myself and others.

As it is... I have the choice... I dictate whether I am defenseless if a situation occurs, not the government.

and As solutions go... it works for me.
    My state has open carry, but I've been debating about getting a ccl, now that I have children. We always have at least one weapon ready to go in our vehicle or our home, but my wife has been asking me to sign us both up for ccl classes. Crime is rising, and ever since our home was broken into she's pressured me to do various things, like having an alarm system installed and install more exterior lighting and better locks. It's bullshit that you can't even feel safe in your own home and doing something as simple as going to the supermarket. Recently a woman in town was attacked by 3 thugs at the Walmart parking lot who attempted to carjack and rob her. She is a ccl holder and quickly had them all laying down on the ground until the cops showed up. We have 3 children, all under 5, and my wife is worried had she been in the same situation she would have been helpless.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome conversation! Here's my everyday...

and sometimes...

and around the house...

zombie apocalypse...

and when a more delicate hand is required...

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Diff Seasons ~ stay with the other four, but PLEASE keep the zombie protection away from me!!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Loooove the rubberband gun - what calibre bands does it shoot ha ha

here I am protectin' my shit

My Mood
    Breezy

<<wishes photobucket wasn't blocked at work.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Loooove the rubberband gun - what calibre bands does it shoot ha ha
    The everyday newspaper as well as the Sunday Times?

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aaron, good stuff !!

Finally had to get a carry permit myself.
    Every adult in the house had one except me...

Wise man once said "If there's guns in the house one better be yours"

Karl

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Love the conversation my off-hand remark regarding the douche-baggery of HomeSec sparked... You guys are awesome. Anywhere, and I mean anywhere, else on the web this conversation would have devolved into a flame war.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Love the conversation my off-hand remark regarding the douche-baggery of HomeSec sparked... You guys are awesome. Anywhere, and I mean anywhere, else on the web this conversation would have devolved into a flame war.

it might have here also.... but my flamethrower is in the shop getting it's annual service/cleaning.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Javier Bardem as Roland...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/javi...he-dark-tower/

This info (but not the link) is posted elsewhere...but here it is for those who don't leave this part of the forum (like me...)

My Mood
    Breezy

finally got to see the pics from home. you guys are great. Post in the weapons thread! In Case Of Zombies' it's called.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I think we should start a letter writing campaign to get OUR father Callahan as THE Father Callahan!!! What do you all think?!?!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, yesterday I watched the short "Banana", which is performed by the yellow minions in your avatar. Very funny!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    "Dying ain't much of a living boy"

-Josey Wales
    Hey!! That's my line!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I think we should start a letter writing campaign to get OUR father Callahan as THE Father Callahan!!! What do you all think?!?!
    If successful this could certainly get me to watch a movie I have no intention of watching otherwise.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An "ambitious" video game based on The Dark Tower is planned !

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ideo-game.aspx
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not confirmed yet. I talked with Marsha about this yesterday and it's not confirmed.

In my opinion, it will be done, but don't expect a good game. Videogames based on movies and series are 99% bad games developed fast and with a large investment only in marketing, not in developers, game designers and artists. I know what I'm talking about...I worked for a company that had the rights to publish several videogames based in movies...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Not confirmed yet. I talked with Marsha about this yesterday and it's not confirmed.

In my opinion, it will be done, but don't expect a good game. Videogames based on movies and series are 99% bad games developed fast and with a large investment only in marketing, not in developers, game designers and artists. I know what I'm talking about...I worked for a company that had the rights to publish several videogames based in movies...
    Several hundred more like lol.

Gameloft are not exactly known for innovation

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL.

It's a fact known. I'm not sure I'd like a movie tie-in videogame developed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    LOL.

It's a fact known. I'm not sure I'd like a movie tie-in videogame developed.
    But I let them off because the games are still very playable, I'm always fiddling about with them on iPad, I'll be getting that new one too (the Zelda rip-off one).

As for DT I don't even want a film never mind a video game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 972 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast