Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 972 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 882 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Zwartboek is a great movie. Carice is also great as Melisandre in the Game of Thrones HBO series.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Flab to Abs in One Easy Step

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ellison just opened a Youtube account:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izSH2...xYfuc47CCJN05w

There's some good stuff on there.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

On November 9th and 10th I'm running the second edition of KING ON SCREEN, the dollar baby film festival in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Lot of hard work to do but first edition was a really neat event.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Movers will be here in four days. I've timed the food all wrong and my kids (and wife) are really going to be complaining in another day or so. No one but me will be happy with chicken salad and water for lunch.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So jealous. Send me a ticket so I can come!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    On November 9th and 10th I'm running the second edition of KING ON SCREEN, the dollar baby film festival in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Lot of hard work to do but first edition was a really neat event.
    Please dont hesitate to send me more details about it and the link by email. ALthough i aint coming
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tickets are free. I pay for all expenses of the event.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I could afford to get there! it's only a bit more than 5,000 miles! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, yesterday was the 12th "9/11" anniversary, always a somber day in the "Merlin" household. A moment of silence for all those that lost their lives, or were directly affected by this great "American Tragedy"??

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sitting in training at my new job, been here in training since March, training finally ends Oct 30. Anyway, on a break, so I am looking around here trying to catch up on posts, someone asks me what I am looking at....So i started explaining the site, how i collect King books etc... They are asking if all his books are weird and strange, normal questions from non King readers, about this time a large Black Crow slams head first full speed into the window of our training room.....its dead, Kinda strange!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, yesterday was the 12th "9/11" anniversary, always a somber day in the "Merlin" household. A moment of silence for all those that lost their lives, or were directly affected by this great "American Tragedy"??

I may be in the minority but I've never understood why these images aren't played more often to remind us just what happened that day. It brought the entire country together and we need more of that now-a-days (not the attack, the unity of purpose). It's never pleasant to remember, especially for those that lost someone that day or in the ensuing wars but we should be reminded specifically of what happened - not just having a day off of work or an excuse to have a restaurants $9.11 special chicken dinner....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This would explain why the tornado sirens were going off at work today.
    It was bright and sunny here, but 6 miles away there were two water spouts over the lake.

Image gallery here.

Mark Twain

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Thanks Merlin... I have that entire day of news on VHS (I started recording about 5 minutes before the second plane hit).
    I have watched those 2 tapes a couple of times over the years, because like you... I don't want to become complacent and forget. The world... and I.... really did change that day.

It was a bit weird when I watched the above video clip.... I did the picture below, and culled the background to use from google pics... never realizing until I just saw this clip that the steel cross is from the world trade tower site.
    It shows up in the video at the 3:05 mark

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, someone help me out with this because I'm feeling like a real dummy.

Amber has a job that pays $36,000 a year before taxes. She works 40 hours a week and gets paid every two weeks.
    So ... 40 hours a week multiplied by 52 weeks a year comes out to 2080 hours she works in a year. Right?
    $36,000 divided by 2080 hours equals $17.31. So, she makes $17.31 an hour, right? Now watch this:

$17.31 an hour times 80 hours (two week paycheck) equals $1,384.8 a paycheck before taxes.
    BUT $36,000 divided by 12 months equals $3,000 a month and $1,500 a paycheck.

So ... what am I missing here? The math is right ... but I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know other folks can answer this better but try to always use 4.33 as how many weeks in a month. It will get you closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Amber has a job that pays $36,000 a year before taxes. She works 40 hours a week and gets paid every two weeks.
    So ... 40 hours a week multiplied by 52 weeks a year comes out to 2080 hours she works in a year. Right?
    $36,000 divided by 2080 hours equals $17.31. So, she makes $17.31 an hour, right? Now watch this:

$17.31 an hour times 80 hours (two week paycheck) equals $1,384.8 a paycheck before taxes.

So ... what am I missing here? The math is right ... but I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I know other folks can answer this better but try to always use 4.33 as how many weeks in a month. It will get you closer.

I agree with Ben on this one Shannon - your calculation indicates that there are only 48 weeks in a year (to arrive at $1,500 per paycheck) rather than 52
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are using 12 months, when she gets 26 paychecks in a year. Twice a year she gets 3 checks in one calendar month.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhh, I forgot to mention something. She's on salary. She gets paid twice a month, on the first and on the fifteenth.

So, am I right in thinking something might be screwed up? She only gets 24 paychecks a year.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Go look at January 2013. Presume she works Monday through Friday (and receives no holidays off-separate issue). She is paid Tuesday 1/1/2013. Counting Tuesday 1/1/2013 She now works twenty three 8 hour days and receives two paychecks. 23x8 =184 hours for two checks totaling $3,000. $3K divided by 184 is $16.30
    That month she effectively is paid $16.30 per hour.
    In February she works 20 days for $3,000. 20 x 8 = 160 hours. 3,000 divided by 1160 = $18.75.
    It's a floating hourly wage. Since she is on salary you can't do the math the way you did and have the numbers make sense.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think RF has it. You can't figure an exact per hour wage if she gets paid twice a month because the amount of hours she works each pay period will vary.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Floating hourly wage. That makes sense. Thanks! Here's hoping it all fixes itself in the end.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big weekend series for the Bomber's begins tonight!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and yes, that is a frog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 972 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 882 ... LastLast