Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 972 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps mail shipping is 3 weeks late do to weather, but I have a funny feeling UPS and Fedex aren't 3 weeks delayed.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    What's the story with mail delivery from the UK to the US? I had a seller ship out a book on 12/16 and it has yet to arrive. When I politely asked about it, the response was "Shipments from the UK may be delayed due to severe weather conditions over the past weeks, as well as due to increased security measures imposed upon international shipments by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Since these delays are beyond the bookseller's control, we do ask for and appreciate your patience." Anyone else having major delays from the UK?
    Yeah, that sounds about normal. I ordered a book from the UK around 12/13 and it didn't get here until last Friday, I believe. The Christmas season mail/package deliveries and weather conditions in the UK are to account for it, I'm sure.

Are you sure we didn't buy from the same seller?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, everyone. Makes me feel a little more at ease knowing everyone has had issues lately.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh My poor Jets, CHOPPED from their precarious LIMB and AXED from the Super Bowl!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh well atleast your team hasnt been beaten by their local rivals home and away in the space of a month for the 1st time in 17 years ... oh how it pains me to be a fan of Derby County Football Club ... and i didn't get into any fights

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

GO STEELERS!!!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's some info that came from PS Publishing today about the shipping delays from the UK:

Because of the US Homeland Security’s decision to ban packages from passenger planes (with extreme weather conditions on both sides of the Atlantic and smack-bang in the middle of the Holiday Season) items posted in November were still being chased by customers well into January.
    Luckily, Royal Mail tells me that things are getting back onto an even keel and, within a week or maybe two, delivery times to the US from PS will return to 6-10 working days instead of the 6-10 working weeks we’ve been enduring of late.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Homeland Security is a giant collective douche.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    It can be a pain sometimes but there hasn't been much terrorist type activity within the US borders in quite a while. Somebody must be doing something right.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree that there is a need for such a service. I just disagree with their charter, tactics and supporting legislation.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~Ben Franklin, 1775

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree that there is a need for such a service, I just disagree with their charter, tactics and supporting legislation.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~Ben Franklin, 1775
    A wise man indeed.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I agree that there is a need for such a service. I just disagree with their charter, tactics and supporting legislation.

~Ben Franklin, 1775

....and libery, freedom and the like cannot be given to you or taken away from you. You are born with them and die with them regardless of circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It can be a pain sometimes but there hasn't been much terrorist type activity within the US borders in quite a while. Somebody must be doing something right.
    True, but there has never been much within US borders to begin with.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Dying ain't much of a living boy"

-Josey Wales

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is why I've decided not to die.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now your government just needs to do something to stop your homegrown American maniacs from having such easy access to lethal weaponry as it seems to me that they are just as much a threat to your safety as any terrorist suicide bomber.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Now your government just needs to do something to stop your homegrown American maniacs from having such easy access to lethal weaponry as it seems to me that they are just as much a threat to your safety as any terrorist suicide bomber.
    they do... they allow sane people like me to carry my weaponry with me.... and I don't feel nearly as threatened as if I didn't have it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm more concerned about my government having access to lethal weaponry than her citizens.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    they do... they allow sane people like me to carry my weaponry with me.... and I don't feel nearly as threatened as if I didn't have it.
    that's a solution?.

Surely it would be better if you never felt the need to carry a weapon.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't feel the need to carry a weapon anywhere. I just like that I can if I'm so inclined.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm more concerned about my government having access to lethal weaponry than her citizens.
    Really?, would you prefer your country to be like mine and have defense cut after defense cut so that the Armed Forces become so weakened then can no longer realistically defend themselves if the need arises.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    that's a solution?.

Surely it would be better if you never felt the need to carry a weapon.
    Until my government outlaws all guns, knives, gangs of hoodlums, bats (and any item that could be used as a club), screwdrivers, bow and arrows, AND any other item that might be used to cause harm to me... and provides a absolute effective method of guaranteeing that no individual- including the crazies and the criminals has access to any of these, and a FOOL-PROOF method of ensuring my safety 24 hours/7 days a week/for the rest of my natural life...
    I can't fathom a time that safety is a given.
    Thus, I don't see a time when I'll "never" be in a situation where I might not feel the need to protect myself and others.

As it is... I have the choice... I dictate whether I am defenseless if a situation occurs, not the government.

and As solutions go... it works for me.

Country
    Country Flag

It's just something I've never even considered, having to actively think about protecting myself or family, though if I lived in one of our cities with high crime rates it might cross my mind.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and... BTW , I'm speaking from life lessons.-
    as a teenager, I was walking out of a six flags amusement park with a friend- We were jumped by a gang of about ten and beaten extremely bad. They did not have guns... but they could have easily killed us... luckily they didn't.

as an adult, several years ago... I walked out of my apartment, around to the backside of the building, and walked upon two guys in the process of stealing my car. One of the guys attacked me with the 9" screwdriver he was using to jimmy the locks. if I had not been carrying my glock 45 - I'd most likely be dead. Instead, he went to jail.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, close calls man!, very lucky they didn't have guns also.

Sometimes it's easy as an outsider to see the shocking headlines about how many thousands of innocent lives are lost due gun crime, but not so easy to realise how many are saved by having such weapons, or how many more potential deaths there could be from awful situations like yours.

Our laws don't allow the police to carry weapons (apart from armed response units etc) and are extremely strict with members of the public carrying weapons, I was watching a crime show the other day and a bloke was sent down for 4 years for carrying a pistol sized air gun in the street, even any type of imitation firearms get you a min two year sentence, you don't have to wave it at anyone or anything.

Unfortunately our laws still don't manage to stop the serious criminals from smuggling in weapons. While I don't believe anyone should be allowed to carry weapons I do believe we should have the right to defend ourselves in our own home, at the moment we don't have that, for instance if you seriously injure a burglar in a fight while he's breaking into your home you are likely to receive a prison sentence far worse than what he gets for breaking in.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, being an actual victim often changes one's perspective.
    and yes,I am lucky they didn't have guns... if they had - hopefully I would have been a better shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 972 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 ... LastLast