Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 972 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Biomieg... good stuff! I'm a BIG fan of early US hardcore punk and some European hardcore too. Minor Threat, SOA, Antidote, Abused, Cro-Mags, Youth of Today, Sick Of It All, DRI, Slapshot etc. Do those names mean anything to you?

I like a lot of different music but I tend to gravitate towards hardcore and metal. I grew up on hc/punk and old Machine Head, Sepultura, Slayer, Helmet. Nowadays it's Neurosis and Isis that get the most rotation. I'm seeing Neurosis in May. Their live show is out of this world and I'm taking off work and driving to Baltimore to see them. 10 hours each way for an hour of music and it'll still be worth it.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone else think it's odd that King hasn't joined the million Kindle books club yet?

Nora Roberts becomes the third author in the "Kindle Million Club," joining Stieg Larsson and James Patterson
    http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....rnora1M_010112

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

WeDealInLead: yes, I know most of these bands I also grew up on metal/hardcore and although my taste has broadened a LOT since my teenage years (nowadays I can appreciate almost anything that sounds honest/pure and with a certain level of energy, if this doesn't sound too vague) I still listen to the loud stuff on a daily basis. I will check out Neurosis, I haven't heard them yet.

By the way; tuned down to B? I can only say: floppy strings! Or do you use something like an Ibanez Universe 7-string guitar?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    Does anyone else think it's odd that King hasn't joined the million Kindle books club yet?

Nora Roberts becomes the third author in the "Kindle Million Club," joining Stieg Larsson and James Patterson
    You know, I have a Kindle and buy 99% of my books in that format, EXCEPT for my Stephen King books. I have an ongoing collection of all his books, so I always by them in book form. So, I've never purchased a King book on Kindle, despite the fact that he's my favorite author. Maybe other people do this as well, keeping his e-reader numbers down.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post

You know, I have a Kindle and buy 99% of my books in that format, EXCEPT for my Stephen King books. I have an ongoing collection of all his books, so I always by them in book form. So, I've never purchased a King book on Kindle, despite the fact that he's my favorite author. Maybe other people do this as well, keeping his e-reader numbers down.
    He's probably OK with that considering the way his books sell!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always assumed that King made the same royalty per book whether it's a paper copy or an ebook. I don't know if that's true, however.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Royalty rates are different for hardcovers, paperbacks and eBooks. I get a higher royalty on electronic copies of The Road to the Dark Tower than I do for the trade paperback. It all depends on how each individual contract is finalized. In most cases, the royalty is based on a percentage of the "cover price." However, there are usually clauses that stipulate a different royalty for deeply discounted sales. And there are some publishers that give royalties based on the selling price rather than the cover price.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Bev.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From a big publisher they give authors 17.5% on digital sales, more than they receive on a print book but still pathetic when you think that if they self pub the ebook they get 70%.

I can see the big publishers becoming increasing marginalized as ebooks start to take over, I mean what are they needed for when it's so easy to put up your own Kindle, Nook books etc, authors can easily hire a pro to edit, create a cover and format the book. Plus they keep 70% of the royalties and keep complete creative control over their work.

With the internet authors can also do a great deal of promotion for little or no cost, ebook giveways, blog appearances, kindle forums, website interviews, ebook newsletters etc.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Listening to an interview of Ron Howard he says two of the actors being considered for the Roland role are Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen. He also stated that the TV portion would be about six hours in length.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Listening to an interview of Ron Howard he says two of the actors being considered for the Roland role are Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen. He also stated that the TV portion would be about six hours in length.
    Yep. There's a whole thread dedicated to the subject of who should play what roles, who will play which roles, and member opinions about all of it. Check out the DT Casting Chat thread (of course, skip to the last few pages for the more recent discussion).

For more news-focused updates, check out this thread: The Dark Tower film opens May 17, 2013
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick: I find you new avatar quite humorous. Very apropos!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean? That IS Patrick.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    lol...nice av Patrick!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    lol...nice av Patrick!
    It took me a loooong time to finally find this photo again.

Tim, a long time ago on an SK fan website far, far away (and now defunct), I had an avatar that was a lo-res cellphone photo of one of my kids' toys. That led to different_seasons honoring me with this photo.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Patrick - I remember that photo from years ago, as well! Good to see it make a come-back!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am now a "Citizen of Gilead!" So long, apprentice gunslingers...

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Erin I like your avatar.
    Ivy by Andy Lee isn't it?

And Tim, New Citizen...
    OMG!
    WTF?
    BBQ!

Karl

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it's an Andy Lee. Love him!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like his work also.
    Bought several of his originals (actually a dozen or so)
    Met him in Orlando later, very nice gentleman.

Karl

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell...just did something I never planned on doing. It's a good think I did it (it's certainly nothing bad....) but WOW! What a weight off my chest!

And now...just sit back and wait to see what happens.

Country
    Country Flag

My lit prof just assigned The Shining!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You have the greatest Lit professor ever! Which class, specifically, is this? Great Modern Literature or something? Normally lit classes are forced to read horribly dry "classics" from 150 years ago....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great!!!! Have your Prof kick in for the Haven Fund!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ven-Foundation

Another shameless plug from Merlin!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Like his work also.
    Bought several of his originals (actually a dozen or so)
    Met him in Orlando later, very nice gentleman.

Karl
    I have 3 (batman, harley and joker)
    I looove him.
    He is one of the nicest guys ever
    I lurk, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 972 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast