Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 972 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 879 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    18 hours in the dark, and the power just came on.
    Wow. 18 hours?? Mine was off for about half hour that afternoon
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...a piece of equipment in the neighborhood blew due to high temperatures and extreme use.

I threw away maybe $20 worth of food to be on the safe side.....I could file a claim with Edison...but I doubt I will.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I threw away maybe $20 worth of food to be on the safe side.....I could file a claim with Edison...but I doubt I will.
    You put a claim in for the ruined food and Ill put a claim in for the hour or so of work I had to redo after my computer shut off (no lectures on how I should save my work more often please)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    You put a claim in for the ruined food and Ill put a claim in for the hour or so of work I had to redo after my computer shut off (no lectures on how I should save my work more often please)
    Check with your insurance, and don't take any chance with the food. With my insurance we get up to $500 food reimbursed with no deductible.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

18 hours in the dark?
    24 hours in a day, and in the Los Angeles basin there was ~13 hours of "daylight" during the last days of August 2013....
    I suggest you open your blinds...

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That would ruin his books

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Check with your insurance, and don't take any chance with the food. With my insurance we get up to $500 food reimbursed with no deductible.
    Ralph
    I thot he was joking. Homeowners insurance covers ruined food?

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

some do

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still not smoking, TN!!! However, I am wavering. How about you??? I have avoided keeping a clock on it, but it's got to be about a month now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Came across this critter today while mountain biking......

It stayed there...about fifteen feet away from us down a ravine for at least ten minutes before it slowly slipped into the brush.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    18 hours in the dark?
    24 hours in a day, and in the Los Angeles basin there was ~13 hours of "daylight" during the last days of August 2013....
    "In the dark" = euphemism for "without power".
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Twisted

Poor Tippy is afraid of little kitties
    (thats a joke. No point of reference in the pic so the mountain lion looks like a mean tom cat)

Bill dont waver! Are you still using the patch?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Poor Tippy is afraid of little kitties
    (thats a joke. No point of reference in the pic so the mountain lion looks like a mean tom cat)

Bill dont waver! Are you still using the patch?
    Yep.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had a student contact me last night that didnt know how to factor, and he is in my COllege Algebra class that Im teaching. At first I was shocked, now Im worried because Im not sure how far behind he may actually be in regards to the rest of the class. I picked up this class after the past instructor decided not to do it(not sure about the details) and they had a sub for two weeks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this a freshman course or is it more advanced? If it's more advanced, you aren't doing him any favors by letting it slide. In any case, he sounds like he may be in over his head and need some remedial help.

John

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Is this a freshman course or is it more advanced? If it's more advanced, you aren't doing him any favors by letting it slide. In any case, he sounds like he may be in over his head and need some remedial help.

John
    College Algebra is a required course for all majors that I know. I can't let anyone slide, the test will be the deciding factor for that. WIll have a talk with some people in the Math dept to get their opinion as well. Some or most non-science majors usually wait taking the college algebra class because math is not their strongest trait. Also, which i suspect for this person, people wait to long to take the course and they forget everything from their previous math class.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Came across this critter today while mountain biking......

It stayed there...about fifteen feet away from us down a ravine for at least ten minutes before it slowly slipped into the brush.
    What it is?, a lynx or a 'normal' wildcat, I don't know So Cal (assuming that where you were) but I bet there's no Mountain Lions there anymore, those must be getting close to extinction in the wild

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like a young Mountain Lion/Puma/Panther/Cougar to me; those are all different names for the same animal. They are also called Catamounts, but I don't think I have ever heard that name before. According to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife:

Mountain lions are not threatened nor endangered in California. In fact, the lion population is relatively high in California and their numbers appear to be stable. Mountain lions are legally classified as "specially protected species". This has nothing to do with their relative abundance and does not imply that they are rare.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a bobcat.

There are cougars in my area, but they are rare and I have never seen one.

About ten years ago, a man was killed and a woman mauled on a trail I used to ride about two miles from where I work.

They did a Nat Geo special about the woman.....her face was almost peeled off in the attack.

http://www.annehjelle.com/

If you Google her name, you will find some very unpleasant photos.

One was spotted last year in the same area, but I believe it was trapped and relocated within a week of this video being shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAIX...e_gdata_player
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The ending to DESPERATION just blew my F'n mind.

Spoiler:
    Completely forgot about the shotgun shell, even though I told myself not to about a week ago.

I had it pegged in the low teens, but now? it might crack my top ten. Incredible book.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading The Shining, reacquaint myself with the story. I'd forgotten lots.

Desperation is an excellent book.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Re-reading The Shining, reacquaint myself with the story. I'd forgotten lots.

Desperation is an excellent book.
    Just finished my re-read, I'd also forgotten lots. Fantastic story!

And yes, Desperation is awesome.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Snagged a second interview for Friday for a "dream job" I've been chasing for several months now (even passed their "Predictive Index" evaluation earlier today - being a US company, they like their little psychoanalytical games to determine suitability - which surprises me, cos I sure as hell wouldn't hire me :p).

Anyway, long story short, after facing an increasingly uncertain future, career wise, since May, all I need to do now is get through another hour and a half interview without mentioning my predilection for all things King, that I'm scared of clowns, or that I'm possibly definitely a tad psychotic and I should be, all things being equal, home and hosed

Cool, means we can eat something other than potatoes and baked beans and I can acquire more stuff for the collection - win/win (seriously though, it's a load of my mind).
    We all float down here!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with that Grant!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck with the final interview Grant!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck, Grant! Being a bit crazy shouldn't be a handicap.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 972 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 479 879 ... LastLast