Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 972 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 859 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 24296

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Once upon a time I walked roughly 100 miles of AZ desert over a few days.
    The Man In Black Fled across the desert and Brice followed.
    Ah, this explains much.

When I was younger I spent a lot of summer times in southwest New Mexico. I prefer the dry heat over high humid heat.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Once upon a time I walked roughly 100 miles of AZ desert over a few days.
    The Man In Black Fled across the desert and Brice followed.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you have already seen the new star trek movie check this out - very funny; if not and you dont care to see it then you might not mind the spoilers - still funny:

http://io9.com/star-trek-into-darkne...-faq-508927844

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Chad, I saw the movie. That links tells the entire story and will ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie first. But it was spot-on and funny as hell.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll be honest, I did enjoy Into Darkness (I mean it's no Star Trek II, but it's still pretty cool), but that was pretty funny! XD
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Chad, I saw the movie. That links tells the entire story and will ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie first. But it was spot-on and funny as hell.
    I mentioned there was a spoiler or 2 (hundred)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got....two new jobs today. As game designer and as soccer scout. Will work Mon-Fri as GD and on weekends as soccer scout.

If I never post again...it means I died.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you try not posting we'll come find you and make you log in.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may hit 420 posts on my last day smoking for a long, long time. Ironic

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Got my sisters test results yesterday. She has Follicular (Low Grade) Lymphoma. I havent looked at all the links she sent me but from what Im gathering is a cancer in the lymphatic system. The good news is that it is apparently very curable with low dosage chemo (the tumor cannot be removed, it can only be "melted" with chemo - thats what her doctor told her). She wants to avoid chemo so is researching alternative. One link she sent me said this: "Note: While this website rarely says anything favorable about chemotherapy and orthodox cancer treatments, to be fair to orthodox medicine, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is one of the extremely rare types of cancer which does respond fairly well to orthodox treatments."
    Tho I was hoping her results would come back negative across the boards, it could have been a lot worse. She doesnt see it that way and is completely freaking out but once she starts treatment I think she'll chill out a little. Least I hope so.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Got my sisters test results yesterday. She has Follicular (Low Grade) Lymphoma. I havent looked at all the links she sent me but from what Im gathering is a cancer in the lymphatic system. The good news is that it is apparently very curable with low dosage chemo (the tumor cannot be removed, it can only be "melted" with chemo - thats what her doctor told her). She wants to avoid chemo so is researching alternative. One link she sent me said this: "Note: While this website rarely says anything favorable about chemotherapy and orthodox cancer treatments, to be fair to orthodox medicine, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is one of the extremely rare types of cancer which does respond fairly well to orthodox treatments."
    Tho I was hoping her results would come back negative across the boards, it could have been a lot worse. She doesnt see it that way and is completely freaking out but once she starts treatment I think she'll chill out a little. Least I hope so.
    she needs to hook up with a network (forum) of people that have/had the disease and were treated - especially if chemo used and hear their stories - before going off to alternative meds, and possibly avoiding a treatment with a high "cure" rate. i am sure there is a huge network out there.

here is the link to lymphoma main page - you can find local chapters, etc.

http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?...mK8E&b=6296735
    Last edited by cit74; 07-03-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: new website

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I agree 100% Chad. Im not a fan of the orthodox treatment only because I know so many who died from the treatment and not from the cancer. But in this case, based on what Ive read thus far, orthodox may be the way to go. Very key to talk to real patients and look at actual statistics.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree 100% Chad. Im not a fan of the orthodox treatment only because I know so many who died from the treatment and not from the cancer. But in this case, based on what Ive read thus far, orthodox may be the way to go. Very key to talk to real patients and look at actual statistics.
    It's nervous for anyone to deal with - just be a supportive sister - sometimes the best you can do.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A significantly different chemo worked well for me.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Got....two new jobs today. As game designer and as soccer scout. Will work Mon-Fri as GD and on weekends as soccer scout.

If I never post again...it means I died.
    Congratulations!
    That also means no more time for you to enter contests, that give us more chances to win :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

TN, I agree with everything Chad has said. Good luck to your sister. Whatever she decides to do, I hope she acts quickly.

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks Patrick.
    Chad wonderful link! Very much appreciate it

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick.
    Chad wonderful link! Very much appreciate it
    So sorry to hear that the news on your sisters conditions wasn't as positive as it could have been Nadine - having said that, it's certainly not as negative as it could have been either (which makes it a positive of sorts, right?). In any case, you have my best wishes for you both.
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TN, Chemo is certainly no fun, but it does yield results. I can attest to that. It's different for everyone though, or so I am told. When I did mine I also had some other issues going on (which, had the chemo-Doc known about he would have flipped!!) yet it still wasn't too bad.

I'll say a prayer for your Sis.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

TN, glad to hear they now know what it is and that it is treatable. I know how you feel at the moment.

My mom just completed her first cycle of chemo and starts the second cycle next week. (first cycle was every other week, now they change meds and go every week)
    So far she has been responding very well.

Hopefully your sister will be more positive about things once she has gotten through the initial shock of it all.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TN, glad to hear you now know what is going on.
    I hope your sis will be in better spirits once she makes a decision on treatment.
    Cit74 is right on the money here, she should talk with people that have had what she has to get a perspective on her treatment options.
    Good vibes as always.
    Christine

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

TN, I'm sending my best thoughts and wishes for your sis.

If you rescue me

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    Is that, Bad Penny? Or is it, James? LOL

Seriously weird and cool at the same time!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 359 of 972 FirstFirst ... 259 309 349 357 358 359 360 361 369 409 459 859 ... LastLast