Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 972 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 ... LastLast
Results 13,626 to 13,650 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck, David. I had to undergo a type of surgery a number of years go for kidney stones that involved using sound waves to break the stones apart so that they could be passed. Completely non-invasive. I passed the stones in the next few days. Just be sure, after you've had them removed, to stay hydrated as much as possible. (I drink between two and three liters of water a day.)

John

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

all things considered, I would call that good news David. Take care and don't stress about Betts, worry about you first.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Tis never good when your weiner hurts... good luck David

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck--luckily my one stone broke up and I passed it-with lots of pain.
    Never had one since-hope to never have one again.
    The pain comes in waves.
    Good luck David!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck for a speedy recovery David!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

David when I was 35 I found myself on the floor bitting my robe in a cold sweat with pain... an hour later back to normal. A week later same thing on the floor, cold sweat, pain chewing the lapel. Suzanne took me to the hospital sure enough I had kidney stones. I drank a gallon of distilled water everyday for a month. Passed the suckers. That's my drink of choice now and they never returned. With laser today it's easy-peasy to get rid of them. All the best and like they say "This too will pass" haha.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wishing you a smooth procedure and a short recovery, David!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone....CAT scan confirms I have 3 stones....was just told by my doctor to see urologist today at 3:45pm and that stones are too big to pass so looks like day surgery tomorrow (or at least that is what I'm told). I have the whole pain wave thing going on....my doctor found me on the floor of her office with my head down so i wouldn't puke from the pain...most times is minor discomfort but when the waves hit, man oh man...I will update you all later if I can, but am told (right now anyway) that tomorrow they put me out and can remove all 3 stones by stent extraction not by cutting surgery. blessedly they will put me all the way out....more later.
    I've got you (all) beat. Had my first stone at 19; just like yours David, I was fine. Got up for work, pissed a bowl full of blood (yikes) but no pain. Took a shower ... and by the time I got out of the shower I was doubled over. Still had to drive myself to work because I was opening, then to the hospital after that. Doc wasn't available, so I lay there writhing for an hour or so until they finally shot me up with something. Passed that stone a day or two later, and have since passed either one or two stones every year. I quit counting at 25 stones, and that was years ago. The worst ones are when you're nowhere near a hospital (airplane, helicopter, camping ... deployed in the middle of nowhere ...). I'm to the point now that I can recognize the symptoms pretty early (it's a specific kind of discomfort a day or two before it truly becomes pain), and if you hydrate like hell at the first sign it stops the pain and makes the eventual passing easier.

I have passed all of mine, thankfully, but it's never fun. Pain levels vary, but it's only been as bad as that first time once or twice. I once had one get lodged on the way down and through, and it was like having your nuts squeezed continuously for 2 days. Not pleasant. On the plus side, I've shredded my tubes so much that I don't really bleed much anymore. Why so many stones, you may ask? I did the radioactive glow test, and I can thank my dad for a genetically faulty kidney; there's these little ducts that are shaped like fans, mine are too small and don't let enough stuff out (calcium and potassium for me). You can adjust diet and drink a lot of water or take a pill every day for life; I opted for diet and water. Odds are pretty good doc will tell you the same, David.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

George, you have my full sympathy. I can't imagine having that many stones!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

God speed, David!!!! Hurry back, we'll miss you!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That, Burfect guy needs to be seriously disciplined by the team as well as the league, IMHO. Jones was just an ass. According to the broadcast crew the Steeler hit on Bernard was legit, though really tough. Apparently, Burfect had been spouting off all week about what he intended to do, then backed it up. WTF was with him after the INT? LOL LOL

Maybe the coach should have sat him, but then once he steps between the white lines what he chooses to do, despite instructions, is on him I guess. Black eye for the league, but I have to admit, great TV to watch even though you may have been outraged!!! I hope, Brown turns out to be alright. Has to be the worst hit on TV I have seen since LT & Theissman!!!! For the record, I'm a NY fan and have no vested interest in the outcome. I just enjoy watching a good game.

The Ref's did what they could though, they should have ejected, Burfect after that hit. IMHO

Sigh! I am a big bengals fan (hence my Avatar). That was the most disgusting, embarrassing, and humiliating thing I have ever seen. This hurts me more then Montana to Taylor in SBXXIII. When I saw the Burfic Hit I thought that was very unnecessary. The whole time people were arguing while Brown was being attended to I kept saying, "Lewis get your people under control, get em off the field". Then dumbass Jones has to have the dumbest penalty in the history of the game (ok, maybe an exaggeration, but definitely this year). All through the week the local talk was about how the Bengals need to be poised and if they weren't they could blow the game with stupid penalties. And it came to pass! Lewis should have been all over that, harping on it 5 times a day, and then constantly on game day.

As a Bengals fan, I hate to say it but Lewis should be fired, Burfict and Jones should be cut. Burfict is a great, pro bowl caliber player, but he is too much of a liability. Adam Jones also had a shameful play on the first game of the season where he ripped off a helmet and slammed a players head on the ground. The Bengals were undefeated without Burfict when he was injured in the first part of the year, so they can live without him.

The worst part of it all is there appears to be no contrition or regret from these players.

Guess its time to start looking for a new Avatar. Sigh.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a Vikes fan...we have to beat in the depressing part...191 field goals attempted at 27 yards or less...189 made from that distance.
    Big Suck...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That, Burfect guy needs to be seriously disciplined by the team as well as the league, IMHO. Jones was just an ass. According to the broadcast crew the Steeler hit on Bernard was legit, though really tough. Apparently, Burfect had been spouting off all week about what he intended to do, then backed it up. WTF was with him after the INT? LOL LOL

Maybe the coach should have sat him, but then once he steps between the white lines what he chooses to do, despite instructions, is on him I guess. Black eye for the league, but I have to admit, great TV to watch even though you may have been outraged!!! I hope, Brown turns out to be alright. Has to be the worst hit on TV I have seen since LT & Theissman!!!! For the record, I'm a NY fan and have no vested interest in the outcome. I just enjoy watching a good game.

The Ref's did what they could though, they should have ejected, Burfect after that hit. IMHO

Sigh! I am a big bengals fan (hence my Avatar). That was the most disgusting, embarrassing, and humiliating thing I have ever seen. This hurts me more then Montana to Taylor in SBXXIII. When I saw the Burfic Hit I thought that was very unnecessary. The whole time people were arguing while Brown was being attended to I kept saying, "Lewis get your people under control, get em off the field". Then dumbass Jones has to have the dumbest penalty in the history of the game (ok, maybe an exaggeration, but definitely this year). All through the week the local talk was about how the Bengals need to be poised and if they weren't they could blow the game with stupid penalties. And it came to pass! Lewis should have been all over that, harping on it 5 times a day, and then constantly on game day.

As a Bengals fan, I hate to say it but Lewis should be fired, Burfict and Jones should be cut. Burfict is a great, pro bowl caliber player, but he is too much of a liability. Adam Jones also had a shameful play on the first game of the season where he ripped off a helmet and slammed a players head on the ground. The Bengals were undefeated without Burfict when he was injured in the first part of the year, so they can live without him.

The worst part of it all is there appears to be no contrition or regret from these players.

Guess its time to start looking for a new Avatar. Sigh.
    As a Steelers fan of long-standing (my wife's uncle used to play for them in the '40s) I want to thanks the Bengals for their stupidity.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I don't normally watch football I don't know who anyone is.

I assume Burfict is the guy who made that brutal hit at the end of the game. If so then fuck that guy. He definitely needs to be cut.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

As a Steelers fan of long-standing (my wife's uncle used to play for them in the '40s) I want to thanks the Bengals for their stupidity.

John
    I'm shocked that as a Clevelander you are a Steelers fan. Back in day before Art Modell moved the team you couldn't safely be a fan of someone else in Cleveland. LOL.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't normally watch football anymore, but I saw that Burfict hit and he needs to go. A three game suspension isn't enough. That was criminal.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I don't watch football all that much and I didn't think it was all that bad. The helmet to helmet was only a glancing blow and it even looked like he tried to pull him arm in a little to avoid the contact. Didn't look intention IMO.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like he makes a habit it.

"Burfict was the most heavily fined player in the chippy Dec. 13 meeting between the Bengals and Steelers. Seven players from the teams drew fines amounting to nearly $140,000, but Burfict had to pay nearly half that in three fines for three incidents during the game. Burfict also played a role in a pregame scuffle between the teams at midfield. No penalties were levied for that fracas.

According to the NFL, Burfict was also fined $50,000 for "unnecessarily contacting an opponent who was out of the play" against the Baltimore Ravens in the season finale. That occurred six days before Saturday's wild-card game against the Steelers."

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

A little nervous today....I was chosen to be a part of a local television news series on HIV/AIDS and today is my test interview with the agency that is arranging the interview. I've received the outline of the reporters plans for the official sit down interview which will be conducted next week sometime. I agreed to this a long time ago, but now it's becoming real. It's weird...I've spoken to many audiences, classrooms, universities and local publications about living with AIDS, but this is different. I'm so nervous that I'll sound dumb, that I'll say the wrong thing, that I'll leave something important out, that I won't feel I can represent my community to the fullest. Just please send some calming thoughts my way for this afternoon!
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're going to do awesome jreitan47! I'd say good luck, but you don't need it.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Speak from your heart and you will be fine.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You'll do great Jonathan! Keep it real. You know the facts, just let your story tell itself.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll do just fine, Jonathan.

We're rooting for you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thanks guys! So, an update on the TV interview. The initial practice interview with the agency went fine yesterday. My mother and I will be interviewed in the comfort of my home sometime next week from a KVAL (Eugene, Ore.) reporter. Our story, shown in about 5 minutes, will be one of several stories about HIV/AIDS that will air in a series of 5 nights and the show will be fed nationally we are told sometime in February. NATIONALLY!! Excited! But now to deep clean the house!
    ~Jonathan

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How to Blow the doors off my Fiero...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 546 of 972 FirstFirst ... 46 446 496 536 544 545 546 547 548 556 596 646 ... LastLast