Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 972 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 811 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    We had no tv in our house from 1/4/13 to 1/26/13
    I have no TV since about 2 years? When the TV was switched to digital and my tv would work anymore.
    Before that, we never watched it since another 2 years?

:-)
    Wow! You must have a very different life than me. I don't watch much (or so I think) but I do enjoy watching about one hour per day (give or take). The balance of time is cleaning, cooking, things with kids, appointments, reading, and writing.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no TV since about 2 years? When the TV was switched to digital and my tv would work anymore.

Wow! You must have a very different life than me. I don't watch much (or so I think) but I do enjoy watching about one hour per day (give or take). The balance of time is cleaning, cooking, things with kids, appointments, reading, and writing.
    That's awesome, both of you. I wish my TV watching rate was nearly as low. It is getting better but I still find myself turning that stupid thing on when I'm bored a lot. I would like to limit it to new episodes of the handful of shows I truly like and sporting events. Eventually

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This just in: why is JFK the title for 19 posts?

Edit: and 20...

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post

That's awesome, both of you. I wish my TV watching rate was nearly as low. It is getting better but I still find myself turning that stupid thing on when I'm bored a lot. I would like to limit it to new episodes of the handful of shows I truly like and sporting events. Eventually
    I recently spent bought a dvr thing to go with my new tele, you know one that records, pauses and that kind of thing, never had one before. Used it for hours a day for the first few weeks, now hard drive is chocked full of stuff on it and I've not switched it on for a week or two. I've found myself only using the little tele (32") in the bedroom when I wake up to watch the news, Aussie Open final was on this morning when I switched on so I watched Andy Murray get beat. Tv box thing doesn't have any ongoing costs (from the bit I've read on American boxes they all seem to have some horrendous monthly costs similar to UK boxes from Sky) so at least I didn't feel that I have to watch it to get my money's worth.

It's not that there's nothing I want to watch recorded on it, there's tons, it's just I would rather use my Freetime on reading, walking the dog, mucking about online with iPad or gaming, leaves no time whatsoever for watching much tele, I can't imagine how anyone with kids can find the time to follow their favourite tv shows.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When the site was designed, "titles" were assigned for different post counts.
    Guess what post count generates the title "John Cusack"?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

better question... why does your pennywise avatar want me to sniff his finger?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

When the site was designed, "titles" were assigned for different post counts.
    Guess what post count generates the title "John Cusack"?
    I'm stumped on that one as well RF. I'm not a huge fan of his (I like him fine; it's just I've only seen him in less than a handful of movies. Enjoyed 1408 ).

Literally L-O-Led at your comment Sir_Boomme. Well, that's better than wanting to pull it.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm stumped on that one as well RF. I'm not a huge fan of his ... Enjoyed 1408.
    That's some funny stuff right there.

Country
    Country Flag

I probably should have prefaced by saying I had not read the story yet, I was pretty young, and it was in theaters. Meh, w/e.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

(Sorry, but the funny part was that you get the title "John Cusack" at post #1408.)

Country
    Country Flag

LMAO. HAHAHA. That is great.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys crack me up!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question: how many questions should the person being interviewed ask the panel of people doing the interview? I've been asked this, and wanted others opinions.

Country
    Country Flag

I would say the 3-5 range (varying slightly to correspond to how many questions the panel asked): Enough to know the candidate has done his or her homework and is generally interested, but not some much to drone on and/or make it tedious. I think quality is much more important than quantity.

Glad to provide some entertainment with my folly for ya Merl!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Been a member here since May 2007 ... and this is ...finally...my 1500 post.

now, what do I get?

hopefully a new moniker... it's been so stressful maintaining that "Demon of the Prim" image for so damned long.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

WTF... all that work so I can use the servant's entrance

jeez... rather be a demon.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    WTF... all that work so I can use the servant's entrance

jeez... rather be a demon.
    LOL! You will always be a Demon to me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am NOT calling Jerome .... Master... and I don't do windows...

or clean up bodily fluids...

Country
    Country Flag

Even for a president? And said bodily fluids belong to Marilyn Monroe?

*Of course my moniker changes when I try to use it in a joke.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you are calling me "Master"...

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I am not sure what thread I was in before...but I wanted to thank those of you who wished me well on my recent job interview/test. I flew down to NC on the 10th to take a required test for a job. I was recently informed I had passed the test, and was offered an interview ! I will be flying down to NC again this Monday the 28th, have a panel type interview at 9am on the 29th. I am told that so long as I don't bomb the interview I should expect an offer.......so I am confident I will do fine in the interview, interviews do not makeme nervous. So I am expecting to be offered this job and as long as the pay and benefits offered are what I am expecting, then I will be packing up the family and moving to NC. Will be a lot of work, have 2 houses to sell in MD, 4 kids worth of stuff to move along with the wife and mines. Not to mention the most important things I own...my King books ! that and my full restored 1972 Nova big block ! So the new house certainly needs a garage and an office that will hold some nice book cases....new book cases are going to my gift to myself if I land this job, that and an expensive book or 2.
    Thanks for the good wishes, about to head off to the airport now...was double checking my flights to make sure theyare on time etc... due to the weather..just noticed my first flight number is 1919...seems like a good sign to me !

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Looks like you are calling me "Master"...
    Come'on Sir_Boomme are you going to let "The Man" treat you like that? LOL.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Thanks for the good wishes, about to head off to the airport now...was double checking my flights to make sure theyare on time etc... due to the weather..just noticed my first flight number is 1919...seems like a good sign to me !
    That is just awesome, now we know you will be packing up for a move.
    Christine

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Uncle Stevie for keeping me away from the computer at 2am after a particularly bad revelation last night. Thankfully one of your books saved me from airing my dirty laundry to the world in moment of frustration and anger. I so love his books.
    Christine

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 311 of 972 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 309 310 311 312 313 321 361 411 811 ... LastLast