Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 845 of 972 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 895 945 ... LastLast
Results 21,101 to 21,125 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Please watch this and thank me later.

Mesmerizing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5C...ature=youtu.be
    Amazing and sad at the same time.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Please watch this and thank me later.

Mesmerizing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW5C...ature=youtu.be
    Amazing and sad at the same time.
    absolutely brilliant...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I thought I had remembered that this new Candyman was a sequel and not a remake/reboot. Wikipedia confirms this. But I didn't realize that this was the 4th movie in the franchise!

I remember watching the original when I was like 13 or 14 and for some reason I just didn't get it. I remember the plot being extremely difficult to follow. I remember watching it multiple times trying to figure out what was happening.

Even now reading the plot on Wiki I don't remember a whole lot of the movie. Maybe I need to re-watch it again as an adult and it will make more sense.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To the cowardly member that hides behind anonymous Neg Rep regarding a post. I call 'em like I see 'em. Your opinion might have some value if you had the conviction & character to stand behind it. Since you didn't and don't, you can take your comments and stick 'em where the Sun don't shine.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    To the cowardly member that hides behind anonymous Neg Rep regarding a post. I call 'em like I see 'em. Your opinion might have some value if you had the conviction & character to stand behind it. Since you didn't and don't, you can take your comments and stick 'em where the Sun don't shine.
    Being that I really don't have any idea what a negative rep is (so don't even look here haha), i will say you've posted some things that would def cause me a double take. I think your comment of calling protesting a "Ghetto Shopping Spree" was a bit of a low bar, imo.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some thoughts are just better left unsaid.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was me you absolute baby. And I have NO PROBLEM yelling that from the rooftops, I just wanted to use my character limit to explain to you why that was a shitty thing to say and the fact that it was me who pointed it out as opposed to any other number of people is entirely inconsequential.

And, you know what? I do feel bad about not taking the time to reword it so I could include "-lotuz" at the end. Leaving negative rep on a small niche internet forum for someone using the phrase "ghetto shopping spree" is about the lowest bar you can clear and I'm ashamed I didn't jump the fuck over it by leaving my name or just writing this post in the first place.

Yes, if you use racist language here, I might leave you negative feedback! The horror!! Frankly I'm disappointed that more people DIDN'T leave you negative feedback for that comment.

I hesitated to even post this only because I know it's likely to end in either (a) more tantrum posts or (b) you storming off for awhile and, honestly, I don't want either of those things to happen. I wanted to call out your language in a relatively gentle manner (feel welcome to share the comment I left) and get back to posting about books. We'll see how that goes.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    It was me you absolute baby. And I have NO PROBLEM yelling that from the rooftops, I just wanted to use my character limit to explain to you why that was a shitty thing to say and the fact that it was me who pointed it out as opposed to any other number of people is entirely inconsequential.

And, you know what? I do feel bad about not taking the time to reword it so I could include "-lotuz" at the end. Leaving negative rep on a small niche internet forum for someone using the phrase "ghetto shopping spree" is about the lowest bar you can clear and I'm ashamed I didn't jump the fuck over it by leaving my name or just writing this post in the first place.

Yes, if you use racist language here, I might leave you negative feedback! The horror!! Frankly I'm disappointed that more people DIDN'T leave you negative feedback for that comment.

I hesitated to even post this only because I know it's likely to end in either (a) more tantrum posts or (b) you storming off for awhile and, honestly, I don't want either of those things to happen. I wanted to call out your language in a relatively gentle manner (feel welcome to share the comment I left) and get back to posting about books. We'll see how that goes.
    All. Of. This.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, the criminal element of any society will always take at advantage of any situation. It's also unfortunate that those actions of the few also take the spotlight from the good.

I'm ok with protesting; burning down businesses or homes in the name of it, I do not agree with. Especially when those businesses and/or homes belong to the people that the protesting is suppose to bring attention to or support.

I don't own a business, but as far as protecting my family and property, violence will be met with violence. And I don't care if anyone agrees with it or not. Just stating a fact.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the posting that, Tommy. I'll just say this and leave the rest of the smarter folks in the room. I feel black owned business do get destroyed along with the big name ones. As far as looting; a need and a want are two completely different things.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My local movie theater sent me an e-mail that they are re-opening July 15th, with all kinds of new rules and regulations, and a film by some guy named Nalan or Nolan or something like that.
    Who knows, maybe I'll check it out.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I know I'm not qualified to give my opinion on movies.
    However, I just watched the director's cut of DOCTOR SLEEP on Blu-ray DVD, and I liked it very much.
    When I read the book I didn't much care for it, but now I want to re-read it because of the movie, which is a first for me.
    Sure you are, Steve. The opposite for me. I loved the book but though the movie was meh.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My local movie theater sent me an e-mail that they are re-opening July 15th, with all kinds of new rules and regulations, and a film by some guy named Nalan or Nolan or something like that.
    Who knows, maybe I'll check it out.
    Same is happening here as well. I miss going.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks for the posting that, Tommy. I'll just say this and leave the rest of the smarter folks in the room. I feel black owned business do get destroyed along with the big name ones. As far as looting; a need and a want are two completely different things.
    I deleted my post not knowing Brian had made this comment so I will simply just put the video back up. I can't remember my comment word-for-word but my intention is not to troll, I'd like to hear what folks have to say about what she said...NSFW

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Unfortunately, the criminal element of any society will always take at advantage of any situation. It's also unfortunate that those actions of the few also take the spotlight from the good.

I'm ok with protesting; burning down businesses or homes in the name of it, I do not agree with. Especially when those businesses and/or homes belong to the people that the protesting is suppose to bring attention to or support.

I don't own a business, but as far as protecting my family and property, violence will be met with violence. And I don't care if anyone agrees with it or not. Just stating a fact.
    Sanity on the internet...what'll they think of next?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bill-

I'm pretty sure that your anti-looting post, in today's America, is considered hate speech and punishable by law (or at least social media ostracization).

Truth is no longer a defense, FYI; in fact, I'm pretty sure this is one of those "speech = violence" situations.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I deleted my post not knowing Brian had made this comment so I will simply just put the video back up. I can't remember my comment word-for-word but my intention is not to troll, I'd like to hear what folks have to say about what she said...NSFW

I've seen this video a few times now and it's honestly profound. Anyone who watches that and doesn't get it -- will never get it. Thanks for sharing that here. I urge anyone with a few minutes to watch.

On that note, Happy Juneteenth fellow members!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rosewood occurred in 1919
    Tulsa likewise in 1921

Both over 100 yrs ago.

She's right on one account, blacks were captured by whites in Africa and brought here as slaves. They were also sold to whites by their own warlords who exercised the time honored traditions of the "Have & Have nots". She furthermore claims that "Wealthy Blacks" are among those against the protests.

You'll all jump all over my case and call me a racist and what not, but the fact is this shit is really not a "race" thing and hasn't been since the dawn of history. Somewhere in our history a caveman who went out and hunted and secured food for his family got banged over the head by another caveman who took that food for his own family. This is about the "Have's & the Have nots" and has been going on since the dawn of civilization regardless of race, creed, color or religion (Let's just shorten this to "Race").

To be sure "Race" has been utilized by the "have's" in history to secure their position, but traditionally once the balance has shifted or the "boiling point" reached there was revolution and the ruling class (Have's) are replaced by the "Have Nots". Now what do the new "Have's" traditionally do with their new found power? Why immediately create new "have nots" in order to secure their new found wealth. A recent example can be found in South Africa, which employed Apartheid. That was over thrown and now the ruling class is black and the white population is impoverished. It's in our DNA as HUMAN BEINGS regardless of Race to amass what we can for ourselves and prevent others from taking it. It's a myth that a lot of left wingers think that over throw of the ruling class is going to change anything meaningfully. Were that to occur there would simply be new "Trump's" and new right wingers. Hell, a damn good portion of the so called left wingers are made up of the richest people in America. Pelosi, Kennedy, Gates, Buffet, King, Clinton, etc. Those Washington Democrats are just playing off the impoverished by pretending to care. You don't see those folks "Sharing the wealth" any more than their accountants suggest for tax purposes. It's easy to talk a great game, but quite another to actually play it that way.

Also, I'm sorry but slavery occurred 200 years ago. None of the protesters now were ever kept as property or in chains. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, he was arrested and is being prosecuted. End of story. How many police officers have been shot by black criminals? In most cases they too are arrested and prosecuted. The Police do not immediately begin protesting and looting to make their point or start a movement called "Blue Lives Matter". The Black community is raising a cause over a handful of cases out of hundreds of thousands of cases where the law was properly applied. Hell, even the cases cited all resulted in prosecutions (check me on that but I think at least half have). Just because YOU don't like the outcome does not justify violence and protests. And lets not forget the media which is profit driven and only realizes those profits when it can exploit a situation and create hysteria.

The woman in the video cites "sharing the wealth" as a solution to Black suffering. Let me give an example which refutes that. In the 30/40's Germans began herding up Jews and Gypsies for eventual slave labor and/or systematic termination. The world went to war with them and eventually won. The remaining German hierarchy were largely caught and punished for their crimes and the matter was resolved. Did the world community now owe the Jewish race a living going forward? Was the Jewish race totally happy with the eventual outcome of the war and the way their oppressors were treated? No they were'nt but they didn't protect and loot. The world community owed the Jews their sympathies for the atrocities and suffering they endured, but we went to war on their behalf to end it and the case was closed. There have been numerous similar cases over the course of history such as this though perhaps not as egregious.

As I said before, this kind of thing has been going on and off since the dawn of Man and likely will keep going on. We do it to ourselves as part of our makeup as a race. The HUMAN race. Now undoubtably there will be an outcry on the forum calling me all sorts and form of Racist. Well, know this. First off I grew up white in a predominantly black and Latino neighborhood. Most of my friends were and are Black or Latino. I have worked for and have had work for me many Black and Latino people. Not only did I grow up in that kind of neighborhood, but I made my career in arguably the highest concentration and mixture of race, culture, creed and religion in the country, New York City. Something I'm sure very few of you on this forum can even relate to in your own circumstances. If I were a racist there is no way I could have succeeded much less come out alive. To this day I prefer to judge a man/woman face to face and on quality of character. And, if any one of you thinks you live in a glass house go ahead and throw some stones. Each and every one of us, by the current standards, has been or is a racist or uttered a racist remark (including the Black community) or had a racist thought at one time or another. If you say you haven't then you're lying to yourself. Black, Latino, Irish, German, Italian etc. etc. One of the things NYC is famous for (and many large cities) Chinatown, Mulberry Street, Hell's Kitchen, Harlem, etc. We all tend to stick to our kind and vilify those that are not. Then we proceed to rate within our own ethnicity. It's funny, but maybe John Travolta summed it all up in "Saturday Night Fever" when he said (and I paraphrase) The Italians dump on the blacks and the blacks dump on the Puerto Ricans and the Puerto Ricans dump on the Dominicans and so on and so on. Somebody is always dumping on another. It's human nature,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

You're not a racist, you're just stupid.

Not that it's going to change your entrenched, absurd mind, but let me break it down for you. The people burned out of Tulsa lost any chance to pass down any sort of upward mobility to the next generation - so they always had to start from scratch.

If you got one nickel from your mommy and daddy, you did better than anybody burned out of their houses and businesses in Tulsa. They couldn't earn Social Security for being maids and butlers, the black soldiers in WWII couldn't get the GI Bill, couldn't work in city government, couldn't get a mortgage, couldn't get a business loan, and couldn't have the same chance of upward struggle.

It's ALL a struggle for everybody, but when 80 percent of the population spends their days keeping their boots on the necks of 13 percent of the population, that makes the 80 percent of people scumbags. That makes people who rationalize and defend them scumbags. That makes twisting yourself in a pretzel to justify it all into you being a scumbag.

The reason white people don't riot is because the riot already happened from 1880-1925 - when the Klan, the government, and good honest, God-fearing white folk made sure their black neighbors couldn't get a fair fucking shake. That was shitty then. Rationalizing to avoid seeing that is shitty now.

You're crying about the Houston Astros cheating in a baseball game, and then rationalizing how 13 percent of the American population got cheated out of fair play for 200 fucking years. Are you a clown or are you a man?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Also, I'm sorry but slavery occurred 200 years ago. None of the protesters now were ever kept as property or in chains. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, he was arrested and is being prosecuted. End of story. How many police officers have been shot by black criminals?
    3 things...

Jim Crow laws and segregation lasted until 1965. I'm pretty sure that's within your lifetime. There are still a whole lot of black communities recovering from that.

Do you really think the cops that murdered George Floyd would've even been disciplined, much less arrested, had the protests not occurred? There are quite a few stories coming out recently where something similair happened.

Why does the answer to that last sentence even matter? Does that make what happened to George Floyd OK somehow?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rosewood occurred in 1919
    Tulsa likewise in 1921

Both over 100 yrs ago.

She's right on one account, blacks were captured by whites in Africa and brought here as slaves. They were also sold to whites by their own warlords who exercised the time honored traditions of the "Have & Have nots". She furthermore claims that "Wealthy Blacks" are among those against the protests.

You'll all jump all over my case and call me a racist and what not, but the fact is this shit is really not a "race" thing and hasn't been since the dawn of history. Somewhere in our history a caveman who went out and hunted and secured food for his family got banged over the head by another caveman who took that food for his own family. This is about the "Have's & the Have nots" and has been going on since the dawn of civilization regardless of race, creed, color or religion (Let's just shorten this to "Race").

To be sure "Race" has been utilized by the "have's" in history to secure their position, but traditionally once the balance has shifted or the "boiling point" reached there was revolution and the ruling class (Have's) are replaced by the "Have Nots". Now what do the new "Have's" traditionally do with their new found power? Why immediately create new "have nots" in order to secure their new found wealth. A recent example can be found in South Africa, which employed Apartheid. That was over thrown and now the ruling class is black and the white population is impoverished. It's in our DNA as HUMAN BEINGS regardless of Race to amass what we can for ourselves and prevent others from taking it. It's a myth that a lot of left wingers think that over throw of the ruling class is going to change anything meaningfully. Were that to occur there would simply be new "Trump's" and new right wingers. Hell, a damn good portion of the so called left wingers are made up of the richest people in America. Pelosi, Kennedy, Gates, Buffet, King, Clinton, etc. Those Washington Democrats are just playing off the impoverished by pretending to care. You don't see those folks "Sharing the wealth" any more than their accountants suggest for tax purposes. It's easy to talk a great game, but quite another to actually play it that way.

Also, I'm sorry but slavery occurred 200 years ago. None of the protesters now were ever kept as property or in chains. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, he was arrested and is being prosecuted. End of story. How many police officers have been shot by black criminals? In most cases they too are arrested and prosecuted. The Police do not immediately begin protesting and looting to make their point or start a movement called "Blue Lives Matter". The Black community is raising a cause over a handful of cases out of hundreds of thousands of cases where the law was properly applied. Hell, even the cases cited all resulted in prosecutions (check me on that but I think at least half have). Just because YOU don't like the outcome does not justify violence and protests. And lets not forget the media which is profit driven and only realizes those profits when it can exploit a situation and create hysteria.

The woman in the video cites "sharing the wealth" as a solution to Black suffering. Let me give an example which refutes that. In the 30/40's Germans began herding up Jews and Gypsies for eventual slave labor and/or systematic termination. The world went to war with them and eventually won. The remaining German hierarchy were largely caught and punished for their crimes and the matter was resolved. Did the world community now owe the Jewish race a living going forward? Was the Jewish race totally happy with the eventual outcome of the war and the way their oppressors were treated? No they were'nt but they didn't protect and loot. The world community owed the Jews their sympathies for the atrocities and suffering they endured, but we went to war on their behalf to end it and the case was closed. There have been numerous similar cases over the course of history such as this though perhaps not as egregious.

As I said before, this kind of thing has been going on and off since the dawn of Man and likely will keep going on. We do it to ourselves as part of our makeup as a race. The HUMAN race. Now undoubtably there will be an outcry on the forum calling me all sorts and form of Racist. Well, know this. First off I grew up white in a predominantly black and Latino neighborhood. Most of my friends were and are Black or Latino. I have worked for and have had work for me many Black and Latino people. Not only did I grow up in that kind of neighborhood, but I made my career in arguably the highest concentration and mixture of race, culture, creed and religion in the country, New York City. Something I'm sure very few of you on this forum can even relate to in your own circumstances. If I were a racist there is no way I could have succeeded much less come out alive. To this day I prefer to judge a man/woman face to face and on quality of character. And, if any one of you thinks you live in a glass house go ahead and throw some stones. Each and every one of us, by the current standards, has been or is a racist or uttered a racist remark (including the Black community) or had a racist thought at one time or another. If you say you haven't then you're lying to yourself. Black, Latino, Irish, German, Italian etc. etc. One of the things NYC is famous for (and many large cities) Chinatown, Mulberry Street, Hell's Kitchen, Harlem, etc. We all tend to stick to our kind and vilify those that are not. Then we proceed to rate within our own ethnicity. It's funny, but maybe John Travolta summed it all up in "Saturday Night Fever" when he said (and I paraphrase) The Italians dump on the blacks and the blacks dump on the Puerto Ricans and the Puerto Ricans dump on the Dominicans and so on and so on. Somebody is always dumping on another. It's human nature,
    Bill you do realize this sounds racist though right?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 845 of 972 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 895 945 ... LastLast