Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 972 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 519 569 969 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I was one of those who definitely did NOT like the ending of the movie. As a matter of fact, when I watch the DVD, I stop it where the story stops.

John
    You're not alone John. I stop the movie when they drive into the mist. We don't watch the added "punch to the gut" part.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I was one of those who definitely did NOT like the ending of the movie. As a matter of fact, when I watch the DVD, I stop it where the story stops.

John
    You're not alone John. I stop the movie when they drive into the mist. We don't watch the added "punch to the gut" part.

Mulleins
    And you guys call yourselves "Horror" fans!!! Sheesh!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of people went into a french newspaper and killed 12 people + shot many more...
    This newspaper has often being victim of attacks as they often draw/spoofs mahommet or showing the prophet taking the piss of the news...

It's very sad...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    That would be The End.
    Do you dislike the credits?
    I know you're joking but just in case, he probably stops the film when
    Spoiler
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    That would be The End.
    Do you dislike the credits?
    I know you're joking but just in case, he probably stops the film when
    Spoiler
    That's it!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So there has been a full moon, a green comet, a swarm of earthquakes all centered just a couple of miles from my house and for two days there has been a huge crow in my back yard squawking all hours of the day.

If I were a fan of Stephen King I would be a little concerned.......oh shit...

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Comet? Lovejoy?

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I loved ending (and the whole movie) as well. Even liked it better than the story's ending. Now I want to re-watch The Mist.
    Same here.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Comet? Lovejoy?

Yep! "Green comet" sounds like a super hero or villain.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else get a Brodart catalog in the mail? It's 700+ pages. And I thought all they sold were book supplies...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King, on twitter, about the shooting in Paris :
    "Killing cartoonists to honor the Prophet takes dumb to a new and sublime level. Hey, idiots: the Prophet can take care of biz on his own."

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Stephen King, on twitter, about the shooting in Paris :
    "Killing cartoonists to honor the Prophet takes dumb to a new and sublime level. Hey, idiots: the Prophet can take care of biz on his own."
    Yet another reason why I love Stephen King! Concise yet perfectly-stated.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I just found out some sad news! My dog Gwen that I adopted 13 years ago. Her Kidneys are failing. When we went to the dog rescue to pick out a dog We saw a beautiful brindle pitbull That was six months old. The piece of shit people that had her before used her for dogfighting. Upon choosing Gwen to be part of the family along with her came her scars and medical disclaimer we had to sign, They told us this was due to the people pumping her full of ketamine and other drugs following the fights she had been in. While leaving with our new dog we were excited to bring her to the dog park and all the usual pleasantries.
    Of course when we arrived at the dog park we found out very quickly that Gwen did not like other dogs! This is understandable considering her past. So the following week we signed her up for aggressive dog school. After a couple months of dog school that was put on by the same rescue we got her from they brought us aside and told us we could bring Gwen back(so they could put her down)and pick out another dog. I was blown away and pissed off I asked them if they were selling dogs are baseball cards because I didn't think dog should be treated like one & Just traded out!
    We've had Gwen for 13 wonderful years and although we were never able to do the Sunday dog park thing or some of the other normal so to speak stuff she has brought wonderful time and more joy than I ever could've imagined to our lives. She has been the most loyal dog I ever could've asked for! She has been amazing with her 3 1/2 year-old son since the day we brought him home from the hospital.
    We have had to put a lot more time and money into our time with Glenn then we may have had two with another dog But every bit of it was worth it. A lot of people judge pit bulls and many of them have never even met one And I truly feel sorry for those people Because they are missing out on one of the best breads out there.
    I just wanted to share this & a couple Pictures with you guys
    I am really going to miss my best friend Gwen!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing this Matt. Had tears in my eyes reading it. You were a savior for Gwen and while she gave you 13 wonderful years, you did the same for her. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts with you as well, Matt. I thought I was somewhat tough emotionally until I had to put our 11-year-old Miniature Schnauzer to sleep 3 years ago. Dogs are family members, not pets.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that, Matt. Take some comfort knowing that you gave her another 13 great years, which she would have been denied if the shelter had their way.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My most sincere condolences, Matt. At least she found a great home and had a great life.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So sorry for your loss!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thank you all for the kind words & sympathy! Now I have to figure out how to explain to my Son why GG(this was easier than saying Gwen when he started to talk so its become her nick name). Every night I pick him up from preschool he says, "Dad we need to get home to GG she's been watching my toys all day"

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for yor loss Matt......they are members of our families. I recently had to bury my best friend Sadie a 13yr oold Aussie, my 4yr od son helped, we shed some tears and prayers. We now have a new pride & joy Flash Gordan The Red Tri Aussie........

Brian.......

Country
    Country Flag

So sorry for your loss...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Adding my sympathies too Matt. It's my dog Max's 2nd birthday next week (we have had him since he was 8 weeks) and I honestly can't imagine life without him. As others have said, they become family members, 'Pet' doesn't even come close to what they mean to us.

8 Weeks:

Now:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Things are surreal now in France, since the terrorist attack on wednesday.
    Hundreds of cops are hunting the 2 guys, which have now taking place in a company, with some hostages. GIGN, RAID, helicopters and hundreds of cops surround the building.

In the meantime, another guy (apparently related to them) have yesterday killed another cop, and may, today, be involved in another hostage situation in Paris.

Also, a lot of mosquees have apparently been attacked etc.... just surrealist!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The situation in France may get worse before it gets better. What a tragedy. I hope they get the two killers. Has to be a very scary situation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 972 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 519 569 969 ... LastLast