Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 972 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 750 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, sorry to hear about the lost puppies.

Enjoy the other two.

I like Shaq's name suggestion, by the way.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HORNS, the movie, should be with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) instead of LaBoeuf : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...fe-horns.jhtml

Good way to promote the movie!
    Did anyone see the previous movie in which DR was ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did they die?, poor little pups.

Me and the family went to visit my black lab bitch (first dog I've had) a few days ago, the owner has 13 pet dogs, 6 cats, 2 horses, the litter of 9 labs plus a litter of 11 springers. Mam is a small black lab and the Dad is a really strong powerful fox red lab. She'll be ready to bring home halfway through August.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Oohhh so adorable!! Definitely well loved and cared for!

The pit bull pups were weaned and then fed adult dog food, which has too much protein for puppy bodies. They were also housed outside, so the heat was probably an issue.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Oohhh so adorable!! Definitely well loved and cared for!

The pit bull pups were weaned and then fed adult dog food, which has too much protein for puppy bodies. They were also housed outside, so the heat was probably an issue.
    Very cute Pics above!!

I am so sorry for those precious puppies and extremely happy they are with good people in good homes now! They will forget and grow into great adult dogs I am sure. Thank goodness for people like your family

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My uncle had a pit bull type called Meg, it was soooo soft, lovely temperament she would lick you to death if you let her. They are now illegal to own in the UK so we get sad cases like Lennox the American Bulldog/lab cross, the council killed him and he'd never even attempted to bite anyone, even 200,000 appeals to save him did no good.

You'd never guess we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers when councils can do that to a dog.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What pisses me off is when killing animals is posed as the "humane" thing to do. I call fucking bullshit.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Yes.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny how upbringing and different morals can affect your point of view; all countries are not the same in their view of the treatment of animals. In the Philippines, dogs are not kept as pets, they are food ... everything else is too expensive (you'll never see a hers of cows or a flock of chickens). You'll never ever see a big dog in the PI, they are all small and they are muts.

I ate dog twice while I was there, once at child's birthday party and once just at a dinner. At the birthday party it was sliced into thin filets and cooked in it's own clotted blood (in a wok over an open fire basically), the second time it was cubed and done with vegetables as well. That one was better, but I can't say I enjoyed either very much because dog has a liver aftertaste to it and I don't like liver at all (though that could also have been a result of how it was prepared).

To freak out all the other animal lovers out there, I've also eaten horse (not uncommon to be on the menu in Italy), iguana (Honduras), snake (Colombia), antelope (Germany), bear, reindeer, caribou, deer, rabbit (Alaska), wild boar, ostrich (Italy), crocodile, shark (Florida).

Now would I eat my neighbor's cocker spaniel? No, of course not ... I already said I don't like liver. Get over your phobias folks!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Chinese eat dog as well, the animal rights group managed to rescue (by buying them) a couple of hundred dogs who were all crammed into this lorry bound for a restaurant, but that's just the tip of the iceberg with the atrocities that regime is capable of.

I'm not a vegetarian but I couldn't ever eat a creature that has been domesticated and kept as pets for thousand of years, but really I couldn't even bring myself to eat Venison or Rabbit.

One thing that struck me when visiting the pups is one of the first questions they asked me was whether I wanted it as a working dog or a pet, if she had any idea how much it sickens me when I think of people going out and shooting birds, deer, bears etc she wouldn't need to ask that.

It's just I can never understand what is wrong with someones brain for them to derive pleasure in blowing animals to bits, those folk who mount stuff on the wall are the worst, in what world is shooting something defenceless with a rifle an achievement?.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can at least understand eating any animal. I guess my issue is with cruelty and by that I mean I don't want the animals that are eaten treated badly before they are killed. I realize this makes me no great humanitarian and a hypocrite too, but it's how I feel. Oh, and personally I'm very picky about which animals i do eat. It's all cultural and environmental really I suppose.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The first time I had venison was as a kid in Massachusetts. We were down at the local lake, and my mom brought in some stew. I of course asked, "What is it?", and she responded "Try it first and tell me if you like it, then I'll tell you what it is". I tried it, it was absolutely delicious, and it was venison; guy a couple of houses down had killed it the day before. There was no arguing that I didn't like it, so I just accepted it for what it was ... and that was delicious. Venison is still one of my absolute favorites.

The rabbit I ate (the first time) during Arctic Survival Training with the Air Force in Alaska. You're dropped off in the woods in the middle of winter (-20 degrees; Alaska winter not Florida winter) and taught to survive in extreme temperature and conditions. Part of that survival is learning to snare, skin, cook and eat whatever you can catch ... and rabbits are easily the most plentiful. They are not pets, they are not domesticated .... they are food. Not the best (tough and oily) but food none the less.

Again, it's all about where you were born and raised. Down south and midwest hunting is absolutely common and puts food on the table; families are raised with hunting just like families are raised with religion ... if your parents put it in your head from teh time you are a baby, then it's the way it is and is absolutely normal. If they teach you then it must be right (I know it sounds like brainwashing, and you're right ... for both religion and hunting I guess). Would a New York City or London raised family have the same values? No, because you're not raised with it. It's all about what your parents did. If they did it, you do it. And, like it or not, that includes hunting for pleasure and mounting trophies on walls. I personally don't hunt, but I've no problem at all eating what someone else hunted. Like it or not, things like deer, bear, ostrich, boar, etc are absolutely delicious. If you tried it without knowing what it was and truly enjoyed it, would you not it eat because of a feeling? Doesn't make much sense.

Hey, everyone who eats chicken and cow .... guess what ??????
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't try animals unfamiliar to me. I am a picky eater.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind eating animals, but I will never eat a human again.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I don't try animals unfamiliar to me. I am a picky eater.
    I'll try just about anything once!! Kill that thing, skin it and toss it on the BBQ!!! Lets Eat!!! LOL BBQ sauce will cure most things

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with ya Ricky; fun to hunt, but a pain in the ass to get down to chewable-size bites.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I'm with ya Ricky; fun to hunt, but a pain in the ass to get down to chewable-size bites.
    Ricky (not being a Yankee fan) would be bitter and tough to chew!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I have no problem with hunting...having said that, I wish on a star every night that I live to see the day that the chipmunks, moles and raccoons rise up and chow down on the toxic human race....I'd die laughing.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Who said you could eat me anyway?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Who said you could eat me anyway?
    George Did!!! LOL Rest assured "I" would not actually eat you. I would offer to you to others so that I could eat!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I agree with Brice, I don't mind if you hunt and animal to eat it... but don't abuse or neglect it. I'm part Comanche and Navajo. I was raised to respect animals. I've also eaten a lot of weird things. In Arizona, I wrestled a sheep named Javier to the ground and slaughtered it, cleaned the intestines to make sausage, and ate everything - one of my friends even ate the eyes. Nothing was wasted and before we killed Javier we thanked him for his sacrifice so that we might eat, after eating we thanked Javier again for giving us his life. Before he became our meal, he was very loved and well cared for.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Before he became our meal, he was very loved and well cared for.
    That has got to be one of the best lines ever! I think there's a good zombie story there! Library Girl, I think I love you!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhere between the wrestling and slaughter I suspect Javier was feeling slightly less loved.

*begins to wonder if he wishes to be loved*

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

before we killed Javier we thanked him for his sacrifice so that we might eat, after eating we thanked Javier again for giving us his life. Before he became our meal, he was very loved and well cared for.
    You stole from my story I submitted for "In Mint Condition".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    before we killed Javier we thanked him for his sacrifice so that we might eat, after eating we thanked Javier again for giving us his life. Before he became our meal, he was very loved and well cared for.
    You stole from my story I submitted for "In Mint Condition".
    Maybe, but I would never "eat you", RF. Be like Buffalo wings!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 972 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 300 350 750 ... LastLast