Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 430 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi. I heard about this forum at the Official Stephen King site's Message Board (http://www.stephenking.com/xf/index.php). It's fun to become a part of another forum devoted to sK. I've been a CR only since 2006. I guess what took me so long had to do with my assumptions about what kind of writing sK did. Consequently, I've come to understand that one's personal bias is his personal curse. I'm glad I tried sK despite myself. My first influence to do so came from William Goldman, screenplay writer for Misery and an author I've loved for years, who, in his Which Lie Did I Tell?, devoted much time speaking well of sK. I desperately needed an new author at the time and figured if he's good enough for Billy, he's good enough for me. I've never looked back.

My first was The Shining (I had some questions about the movie; alas, only Kubrick can answer them), then Misery. My favorite, so far, is Desperation (please see above; further details available upon request ).

I've enjoyed making friends at the "Official" site. I look forward to doing the same here.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Blunthead. Please feel free to post here as often as you do at the SKMB!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, jhanic! Good to see you here! Thanx for the welcome.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, blunthead!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Welcome to the site, blunthead!
    Hi! Thanx for the welcome!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Blunthead. There are only friends here.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome blunthead!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Blunthead!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Welcome blunthead!
    Thanx for the welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Welcome Blunthead!
    Thanx for the welcome!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Hi. I heard about this forum at the Official Stephen King site's Message Board (http://www.stephenking.com/xf/index.php). It's fun to become a part of another forum devoted to sK. I've been a CR only since 2006. I guess what took me so long had to do with my assumptions about what kind of writing sK did. Consequently, I've come to understand that one's personal bias is his personal curse. I'm glad I tried sK despite myself. My first influence to do so came from William Goldman, screenplay writer for Misery and an author I've loved for years, who, in his Which Lie Did I Tell?, devoted much time speaking well of sK. I desperately needed an new author at the time and figured if he's good enough for Billy, he's good enough for me. I've never looked back.

My first was The Shining (I had some questions about the movie; alas, only Kubrick can answer them), then Misery. My favorite, so far, is Desperation (please see above; further details available upon request ).

I've enjoyed making friends at the "Official" site. I look forward to doing the same here.
    Welcome welcome welcome!
    I wouldn't be surprised if, after joining this site, you never looked back. I didn't.

Also, I'm glad to see another Desperation fan on board!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    hear, hear!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jumprgirl33 is on a distinguished road

Default A little about me

I first read the drawing of the three when I was in hs and immediately was gripped by Roland's world and felt as is I had found my personal 'bible' in ka and mid world. People who have not immersed themselves in this series never understand the impact it can have on your life. I had always been a fan of kings books(I was traumatized by Stanley Kubrick's version of the shining as a 5 y/o and was hooked ever since ) although I often felt that king wrote just to hear himself speak at times. Until I found Roland, when I most needed him.
    My fav character is Roland, I think because he is so flawed. But all of the characters feel like a part of my family. I tend to re-read the series every 6 months or so, and I always find something new in the books, depending where I am at in my life.
    My fav book is a toss up between 3, lol. I love the drawing of the three, my first journey into mid world. Wizard and glass broke my heart and reading and getting to know young Roland is poignant and wonderful. The dark tower surpassed my expectations, even as I hated the ending, how could it end any other way?
    I am 38
    I am from San Diego ca
    No nick names for me
    I have a half sleeve dedicated to young Roland and Susan Delgado.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome JumprGirl!

Be sure to post a pic of your sleeve in the Dark Tower tattoo thread!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Looking forward to chatting with other dark tower junkies! Most people look at me like I'm a bit of a loon when I start trying to explain why I love this series so much and why it 'speaks' to me

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jumprgirl33 View Post
    Nice!

If you post one more time I can pm you and give you some pointers on how to post the image directly (without having to link to it).
    Here is teh DT Tattoo thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ghlight=tattoo
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, you are supposed to get pm rights after you post 5 times. I guess the jefe needs to turn it on or something.

To get the image only to post in the forums, take the url info you copied from the photobucket link (make sure to click directly on the picture and copy the IMG code) and just remove the url info leaving your pic info surrounded by [IMG]xxxxx[/IMG]
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post

Welcome welcome welcome!
    I wouldn't be surprised if, after joining this site, you never looked back. I didn't.

Thanx for the welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Hmm, you are supposed to get pm rights after you post 5 times. I guess the jefe needs to turn it on or something.

To get the image only to post in the forums, take the url info you copied from the photobucket link (make sure to click directly on the picture and copy the IMG code) and just remove the url info leaving your pic info surrounded by [IMG]xxxxx[/IMG]
    Welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I first read the drawing of the three when I was in hs and immediately was gripped by Roland's world and felt as is I had found my personal 'bible' in ka and mid world. People who have not immersed themselves in this series never understand the impact it can have on your life. I had always been a fan of kings books(I was traumatized by Stanley Kubrick's version of the shining as a 5 y/o and was hooked ever since ) although I often felt that king wrote just to hear himself speak at times. Until I found Roland, when I most needed him.
    My fav character is Roland, I think because he is so flawed. But all of the characters feel like a part of my family. I tend to re-read the series every 6 months or so, and I always find something new in the books, depending where I am at in my life.
    My fav book is a toss up between 3, lol. I love the drawing of the three, my first journey into mid world. Wizard and glass broke my heart and reading and getting to know young Roland is poignant and wonderful. The dark tower surpassed my expectations, even as I hated the ending, how could it end any other way?
    I am 38
    I am from San Diego ca
    No nick names for me
    I have a half sleeve dedicated to young Roland and Susan Delgado.
    That is a sweet sleeve!

Also, welcome! You've come to the perfect place to mingle with fellow Dark Tower junkies.

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello everyone !! I have been reading King since about the 5th Grade and thought I would give my friends and family a break from all my King and Dark Tower ramblings and come share them with you fine folks

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

It was the first Stephen King book I read

Who is your favorite charcter?

Roland Deschain

What is your favorite book?

The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Northern California

do you have a nickname?

Nope

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 430 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast