Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 430 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Millie will become famous soon enough

Hello

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello

Are you thoroughly modern, Millie?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Millie! Tell us about yourself.

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PandaB71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    WELCOME! Lurking Panda

Lurking Panda-Hidden Dragon.
    I am only lurking until I find that darn coffee that seems to keep disappearing from my cup. *Someone* keeps drinking it, and when I find them there will be hell to pay!

Yeah...I know what you mean; "somebody" keeps getting drunk and shitting my pants!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

John F. Kennedy PandaB71 will become famous soon enough PandaB71's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PandaB71 View Post
    WELCOME! Lurking Panda

Lurking Panda-Hidden Dragon.
    I am only lurking until I find that darn coffee that seems to keep disappearing from my cup. *Someone* keeps drinking it, and when I find them there will be hell to pay!

Yeah...I know what you mean; "somebody" keeps getting drunk and shitting my pants!!

Oh.. sorry, that was me... That cat told me it was okay to...

John F. Kennedy PandaB71 will become famous soon enough PandaB71's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greetings and salivations Millie!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hello

Are you thoroughly modern, Millie?

Not showing our age at all!!! Noooo.

What year was that musical? 1966? 1970?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello. My name is Lincoln, I live in Melbourne, Australia.
    I have recently 'returned' to SK's work, after a break of 20 years. He was the author that got me into horror, and 'Danse Macabre' pointed the way, as far as exploring the genre goes. It wasn't a deliberate descision to avoid SK, it just sort of happened, while I was discovering other authors. It was a Christmas present a few years ago that led me back - 'Full Dark, No Stars'. I absolutely loved it, and rediscovered the magic! I'm still terribly behind, of course, and re-reading 'Night Shift' and 'Skeleton Crew' hasn't helped!
    Other authors I like, and collect, are Ramsey Campbell, Peter Straub, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Karl Wagner, to name a few. My favourite period is late 70's - late 80's.
    Lincoln.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Lincoln. I can tell you will love it here. Enjoy!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    I have recently 'returned' to SK's work, after a break of 20 years. He was the author that got me into horror, and 'Danse Macabre' pointed the way, as far as exploring the genre goes. It wasn't a deliberate descision to avoid SK, it just sort of happened, while I was discovering other authors. It was a Christmas present a few years ago that led me back - 'Full Dark, No Stars'. I absolutely loved it, and rediscovered the magic! I'm still terribly behind, of course, and re-reading 'Night Shift' and 'Skeleton Crew' hasn't helped!
    Other authors I like, and collect, are Ramsey Campbell, Peter Straub, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Karl Wagner, to name a few. My favourite period is late 70's - late 80's.
    Lincoln.
    Welcome fellow Melbournian! I'm reasonably new here too and let me tell you, it's a very friendly bunch, with mind-blowing knowledge and resources. And an awesome collection of authors you have there.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome you are!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Lincoln! Please feel free to post often!

John

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Lincoln.

So...have you read the DT series? (Yes...I WILL judge you harshly if you haven't. LOL!)

...and Welcome!!

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. There's a LOT to check out on this site!
    Sorry Jon, I can't answer that on the grounds that I may incriminate myself

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL...good call.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Hi, I'm Travis and I'm very excited that I found this forum. Looking specifically for info on the best way/order to read the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    Hi, I'm Travis and I'm very excited that I found this forum. Looking specifically for info on the best way/order to read the series.
    I guess I could have added something about myself. I'm a former medevac blackhawk pilot and now live my wife and kids in California, running my family's Best Western Motel. Cheers!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Thanks, and that is a heck of a collection!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Travis!

Probably the best way to read the DT series is to start with The Gunslinger (I prefer the original one, not the Viking reprint) and go from there. A lot of people, though, have trouble with that volume. If you're one of them, start with The Drawing of the Three, then go back and try The Gunslinger again. Also, I like to leave DT 4.5 (The Wind Through the Keyhole) to the end.

John

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME TRAVIS!!!

I like to start at the front the cover first...so I know the title to the book. From there I read front page to back page. It makes more sense that way. I find the story MORE interesting if I read from right to left (nothing against my Jewish friends.)

P.s. There MIGHT be a smartass or two on this site. Welcome.

Traveler Blackthorn will become famous soon enough Blackthorn's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Howdy, I first journeyed this way many years ago. It says my last login was Feb of 2010. I had lurked on the .net forum as Bob of Eld. With the advent of a Dark Tower movie I was wondering where I could go to discuss the books and upcoming movies and I remembered this pleasant way station. I'm glad to be back.

Robert

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 430 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 ... LastLast