Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 430 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Jean!!! I hope you are well!

What a fantastic place this has become!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello,
    New to the Palaver, I'm very lost with the site, probably due to my age, or the sins of my youth are catching up with me.
    Please be patient with me as I learn to navigate the palaver site,
    I've been reading king for a little under 20, & I thought I was a decent collector until I viewed Randall Flagg's collection. (seriously cool)
    I'd say I've read (actually read) honestly 85% of king's work, I'm a little behind on a few old classics.
    Anyway... Just trying to find a few "King" friends.
    Thanks
    -Cook

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Sullivan and Cook...You will find many great people and discussions on the site!

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

hello, I am Des Lewis and has recently started reading THE DARK TOWER books for the first time - at the age of 63.
    I have also started an on-going review of them - in my normal real-time reviewing style. This is as far as I have reached so far:
    The Gunslinger
    The Drawing of the Three
    The Waste Lands
    Wizard and Glass - as yet unfinished

Yours, des (df lewis)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all!!!!!! We are currently having our annual Haven Fund raiser!!! If you can, pop $5 or $10 in for the cause!!!! Its a good one!!!!!!!

Regardless, Welcome to the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Weirdmonger is on a distinguished road Weirdmonger's Avatar

Hi, I'm DF Lewis, I'm currently real-time reviewing THE DARK TOWER books in detail on my blog.
    I've never read these books before (although I have read most of SK's work otherwise since the days of Carrie).
    des

Traveler Anthony Deschain is on a distinguished road

Hello, i am new to this site, but not to the wonderful works of sai king. I was first introduced to the dark tower in high school. My friends at the time said, "Yo Read these books they will change your life" i responded by saying piss off, not believing them for they had tricked me in the past.
    I feel the character i liked the best, would have to be eddie, i can relate to him big big may it do ya fine! Now for my favorite book, a tie between the drawing of the three and the dark tower ( i unlike alot of people i spoke with, love the ending, the fact that he got the horn of the eld and can finally bring and end to the ENDLESS amount of traveling hes done over and over again. The thought of Roland Of Gilead, the last gunslinger of his world and all words, Blowing his head off at the top floor of his precious tower, oh discordia.) I am 19 years old, but don't let that discourage your image of me, for the small time ive been alive, i have learnd a lot, seen a lot, and done a lot. I am from Detroit Michigan, but also dont let that discourage you if ka will say so let it be so. My Nick name is tony, i have had it ever since 3rd grade. Well thats me i hope i become more acquainted with all of you, may it do ya fine.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Deschain View Post
    Hello, i am new to this site, but not to the wonderful works of sai king. I was first introduced to the dark tower in high school. My friends at the time said, "Yo Read these books they will change your life" i responded by saying piss off, not believing them for they had tricked me in the past.
    I feel the character i liked the best, would have to be eddie, i can relate to him big big may it do ya fine! Now for my favorite book, a tie between the drawing of the three and the dark tower ( i unlike alot of people i spoke with, love the ending, the fact that he got the horn of the eld and can finally bring and end to the ENDLESS amount of traveling hes done over and over again. The thought of Roland Of Gilead, the last gunslinger of his world and all words, Blowing his head off at the top floor of his precious tower, oh discordia.) I am 19 years old, but don't let that discourage your image of me, for the small time ive been alive, i have learnd a lot, seen a lot, and done a lot. I am from Detroit Michigan, but also dont let that discourage you if ka will say so let it be so. My Nick name is tony, i have had it ever since 3rd grade. Well thats me i hope i become more acquainted with all of you, may it do ya fine.
    I live north of Detroit but spend a lot of time there on business. As everyone sees on the news there is a lot of work to be done in Detroit and all of Michigan. What they don't show on the news, unfortunately, are all the good things already happening!! I think Michigan is a beautiful state! However, this place is honestly the best in the universe.................Welcome!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Traveler Anthony Deschain is on a distinguished road

Thank you blavaigne thos kind words make me feel very welcome

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hello,
    New to the Palaver, I'm very lost with the site, probably due to my age, or the sins of my youth are catching up with me.
    Please be patient with me as I learn to navigate the palaver site,
    I've been reading king for a little under 20, & I thought I was a decent collector until I viewed Randall Flagg's collection. (seriously cool)
    I'd say I've read (actually read) honestly 85% of king's work, I'm a little behind on a few old classics.
    Anyway... Just trying to find a few "King" friends.
    Thanks
    -Cook
    Welcome Cook,
    I know what you mean with navigating around the site. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but figured out it wasn't too bad when i discovered subscribing to a thread. Until then, i was having trouble finding where I'd posted lol.

Anyway, you'll figure it out soon enough, and if not, plenty of help around this place.

Cheers
    James

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Deschain View Post
    I guess you are greatful to them now.

Welcome to the site you all!

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME ALL!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Another new guy here. Hello to all my fellow Kingian Constant Readers. My first encounter with the work of King was The Stand Revised and Expanded Edition, which I read when I was about thirteen or fourteen and fresh off other classics of fantasy literature like the Chronicles of Narnia and--subsequently--The Lord of the Rings. After that first reading of The Stand, I was hooked. There was an unobtrusiveness to the writing style and a narrative propulsion in the work that made those 1100 some-odd pages fly by, that immersed me so thoroughly in the work that my physical self vanished in a way I've found myself striving to recapture in later years of reading. Something in that dark dream of a depopulated American landscape spoke to me clearly--it was not so much a more palpable but more plausible alternate reality than those other worlds I'd read of previously. It fired my imagination and got me writing, poured fuel on the fire of my endeavors in visual art. I began to read all of his work, starting with 'Salem's Lot. The rest of the chronology escapes me, but in retrospect there was very little reason to the haphazard way in which I made my way through the rest of King's catalog. Mostly I think I just went with whatever cover art intrigued me, whichever back cover blurb was enticing enough to cement my next decision. I read little else in that time, and always the reading decisions were between King novels. Oh, to be spoiled for choice between unread Kings!
    In subsequent years I've read nearly everything, much of it multiple times. I've sought out unpublished work, ebooks, EW magazine articles, anthology collections, whatever it took to get my hands on the newest bit of writing by my favorite author. My love of books and reading has shaped my life and my choice of profession, and I owe a substantial portion of that love to Stephen King. I'm sure many of you can relate. So, "Hello!" from one Constant Reader to many others, and I wish you Long Days and--well, you know the rest.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome All!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browse around and post often!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Another new guy here. Hello to all my fellow Kingian Constant Readers. My first encounter with the work of King was The Stand Revised and Expanded Edition, which I read when I was about thirteen or fourteen and fresh off other classics of fantasy literature like the Chronicles of Narnia and--subsequently--The Lord of the Rings. After that first reading of The Stand, I was hooked. There was an unobtrusiveness to the writing style and a narrative propulsion in the work that made those 1100 some-odd pages fly by, that immersed me so thoroughly in the work that my physical self vanished in a way I've found myself striving to recapture in later years of reading. Something in that dark dream of a depopulated American landscape spoke to me clearly--it was not so much a more palpable but more plausible alternate reality than those other worlds I'd read of previously. It fired my imagination and got me writing, poured fuel on the fire of my endeavors in visual art. I began to read all of his work, starting with 'Salem's Lot. The rest of the chronology escapes me, but in retrospect there was very little reason to the haphazard way in which I made my way through the rest of King's catalog. Mostly I think I just went with whatever cover art intrigued me, whichever back cover blurb was enticing enough to cement my next decision. I read little else in that time, and always the reading decisions were between King novels. Oh, to be spoiled for choice between unread Kings!
    In subsequent years I've read nearly everything, much of it multiple times. I've sought out unpublished work, ebooks, EW magazine articles, anthology collections, whatever it took to get my hands on the newest bit of writing by my favorite author. My love of books and reading has shaped my life and my choice of profession, and I owe a substantial portion of that love to Stephen King. I'm sure many of you can relate. So, "Hello!" from one Constant Reader to many others, and I wish you Long Days and--well, you know the rest.
    Welcome! I know I just said it two seconds ago in another thread, but I'm from Richmond, KY! I'm excited to see another KY Dark Tower fan. In my experience I haven't seen too many of them.

Also, I was in Lexington yesterday and got caught out in that weird hail storm. What the heck? It was 76 degrees last weekend. Boooooo.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Welcome! I know I just said it two seconds ago in another thread, but I'm from Richmond, KY! I'm excited to see another KY Dark Tower fan. In my experience I haven't seen too many of them.

Also, I was in Lexington yesterday and got caught out in that weird hail storm. What the heck? It was 76 degrees last weekend. Boooooo.
    Yeah, I had to turn on my wipers to knock the snow off my windshield this morning on the way to work. That brief warm period was just a tease, a kind of cruel temptation of warmth and Spring.
    How about them Cats? Don't really follow sports, but it's cool.

Traveler LordOfTheGun is on a distinguished road

From out of the shadows, and the mist, I have returned

Traveler LordOfTheGun is on a distinguished road

man, it has been a long time. how is everyone? I have been 1 busy man. working way too hard, going to canada next week. Can't wait for the movies.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello all. My name is Shannon. More later, but firstly ... why are my messages not posting and/or the "moderators" not accepting them? And why can't I message people to ask about this? I would like to be a part of the forum, but I seem to be hitting a dead end I doubt this message will even work. Testing testing, one two three ...

Shannon

P.S. Yay it worked! Now why won't it let me write on the other forums ... Hmmmm, gonna try again in the Pride And Joy thread. OK, bye!
    Last edited by Shannon; 03-30-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Yay, it worked!

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Hello all. My name is Shannon. More later, but firstly ... why are my messages not posting and/or the "moderators" not accepting them? And why can't I message people to ask about this? I would like to be a part of the forum, but I seem to be hitting a dead end I doubt this message will even work. Testing testing, one two three ...

Shannon

P.S. Yay it worked! Now why won't it let me write on the other forums ... Hmmmm, gonna try again in the Pride And Joy thread. OK, bye!
    My guess is your name may have been flagged by the forum's anti-spam system. And you can't private message someone until you have five posts. Now that an admin has approved your message and it posted, you probably won't run into any more problems. I'm new myself, but this is what I gathered from reading the forum rules.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks brotha!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, and now for my fifth post, I shall properly introduce myself.

My name is Shannon, 26 year old white male. Born in New York, grew up in North Carolina, currently stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. I've been in the military for about six years, been in Las Vegas for two. I love it here. I am a 24 hour a day person, I need a 24 hour a day city.

I work with bombs for the Air Force. Build them, store them, deliver them to the flightline, load them onto planes. Sounds slightly interesting, it is not. It is mindless, repetitive work, and I hate it. But I love the benefits. Perfect example: my left kidney decided to die on me three years ago and they had to take it out. Between tests, hospital visits, surgery, medicine, all that, it would have cost over fifteen thousand dollars. I didn't have to pay one cent of that. THAT'S why I "shut up and color" at my job. You can't beat safety and security like that, you know? And one day, if and when I have a wife and kids, they'll be taken care of also. And that's just one of the benefits ... But so on and so on, onto the good stuff!

In addition to my military job, I also buy and sell things locally, using the internet, Craigslist mostly. I primarily deal with DVDs and Blu-Rays, but I sometimes do books, comic books, trading cards, movie posters, action figures, toys, board games, electronics, some artwork ... Anything that will make me a dollar, I'm on it.

I just started my Stephen King collection, I'm kind of OCD about keeping lists about everything. I'm currently in the middle of compiling a SK bibliography. I know there are "complete" bibliographies out there, but there always seems to be something a little "incomplete" about them, no? But anyway, as soon as I'm done, if I'm ever done, lol, I'm sure I'll be pimping it out to everyone that wants it. It's so damn detailed, it's ridiculous. If you could put every piece of information you ever found online about Stephen King's books, short stories, anthologies, essays, everything, and put it into one excel spreadsheet, you would almost have what I am doing.

Like I said, I just started my collection, and my goal at the moment is to collect every first edition main book of his, as well as every S/L, as well as the first appearance of every short story and nonfiction he's done. Once that's done I'm sure I'll move onto Artist Editions and Foreign Copies and ARCs and so on. But I need to start with this, or else I'll just collect everything with no clear direction, you know?

Anyway, hello. I'm online almost 24/7 (I have to pretend I'm working while at work, but I'm still here online, lol) so I'll talk with you all a lot.

Until then,
    Shannon

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Shannon, welcome to the site.
    I'm based in new Zealand, and only really started collecting the more special type king books last year, but have been purchasing US & Uk first editions for a while now. Its great fun hunting them out, and within no time, you'll have heaps of cool new items to shre with the group here.

Yak soon
    James

+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 430 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast